• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon, your thoughts now vs first thoughts

Red and Blue

If we do get episode titles this week I don't think they will be about Totem Pokemon. Assuming they are stretching Akala out it would be odd to do all three in a row.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
We did see Type: Null with Gladion in that sticker book, maybe we'll get Type: Null's debut? long stretch, I know

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
We did see Type: Null with Gladion in that sticker book, maybe we'll get Type: Null's debut? long stretch, I know

Actually that seems more plausible than any Totem battles. And it would make sense since we do meet him in Akala anyway in the games, just before Brooklet Hill.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If we're going by events in the games, then I suppose two other possibilities could be a Battle Royale episode and Hapu's debut, since both of those events happen in between the second and third Trials. If Ash and co. are in Akala for battle classes, then an episode focusing on the Battle Royale makes sense. And I could easily see Hapu as a second rival for Ash.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If we're going by events in the games, then I suppose two other possibilities could be a Battle Royale episode and Hapu's debut, since both of those events happen in between the second and third Trials. If Ash and co. are in Akala for battle classes, then an episode focusing on the Battle Royale makes sense. And I could easily see Hapu as a second rival for Ash.
I hope the anime follows the games and introduces Hapu relatively soon (between the second and third Trials), because I have been looking forward to seeing her and her Mudsdale since this series began. :D (Bonus points if Ash meets her while she is confronting Team Skull grunts, just like in the games.) I hope she has the same attitude in the anime that she does in the games. It would be interesting if she were a second rival for Ash, even if she is only an informal, friendly rival.

Given that we saw the Battle Chateau in XY, I'm hoping we see the Battle Royale in SM. I wonder if Ash will encounter the Masked Royal at the Battle Royale and if he or any of his friends will figure out the Masked Royal is Professor Kukui.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I bet Ash would have no clue who the Masked Royal is, but the rest of his classmates would pick up on it immediately, and they'd be completely flabbergasted Ash doesn't know. :p

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I bet Ash would have no clue who the Masked Royal is, but the rest of his classmates would pick up on it immediately, and they'd be completely flabbergasted Ash doesn't know. :p

He cannot even see through TRio's disguises all these years so this won't be surprising. :D

Spyro39

If there was an upcoming episode focusing on the Battle Royale, then that's probably where Gladion is going to show up again. He'll probably use Midnight Lycanroc again instead of Type: Null though. I wonder who's going to replace Hau as a participant in the Battle Royale.

Red and Blue

The upcoming episodes might be filler/slice of life if Ash is going to be on Akala for twenty something episodes. It might be a while before we get anything major.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The upcoming episodes might be filler/slice of life if Ash is going to be on Akala for twenty something episodes. It might be a while before we get anything major.
Not necessarily. As people have pointed out in the past, there is a lot more to do on Akala Island than there is on Melemele Island. For starters, Akala has three Trials, compared to Melemele's single Trial, and the Trials count as major events. (There's also Olivia's Grand Trial.) Additionally, there are a lot more attractions on Akala Island--the Paniola Ranch, Wela Volcano Park, Diglett's Tunnel, Memorial Hill, the Ruins of Life, Hano Beach, etc.

Spyro39

Not necessarily. As people have pointed out in the past, there is a lot more to do on Akala Island than there is on Melemele Island. For starters, Akala has three Trials, compared to Melemele's single Trial, and the Trials count as major events. (There's also Olivia's Grand Trial.) Additionally, there are a lot more attractions on Akala Island--the Paniola Ranch, Wela Volcano Park, Diglett's Tunnel, Memorial Hill, the Ruins of Life, Hano Beach, etc.

That is true. Hopefully, that's enough exciting activities to keep the gang on Akala Island before USUM comes out without the need to drag it out and make the pacing slow to a crawl again.

Everything12

Actually now that I think back to it what changes did Platinum and Emerald bring to the anime that the original versions didn't have besides the Battle Frontier from Emerald.

Red and Blue

To be fair many of the things you listed (Diglett's tunnel, Hano Beach, Paniola Ranch)could still be filled episodes of nothing noteworthy happens.

Everything12

Pretty sure Paniola Ranch will be this weeks episode based off thats where you get the Stoutland and its the place before Brooklet hill, which will probably be where next weeks episode is based off Wishi-Washi.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
On the contrary, I do expect some filler episodes, given how many new Pokemon Akala Island introduces. Stuff like Dewpider, Passimian, Oranguru, Fomantis, Stufful, Oricorio Pa-u Style, and Alolan Marowak (though we know this one is coming) have not debuted in the anime yet. Yeah, I know the anime hasn't exactly been faithful with regards to which Pokemon are found on which island, but hey, no time like the present to focus on some of these.

SinnohEevee

Actually now that I think back to it what changes did Platinum and Emerald bring to the anime that the original versions didn't have besides the Battle Frontier from Emerald.

Giratina didn't appear to take Cyrus in the anime. I wonder why.
In fact, anime Cyrus succeeded in creating a new universe for himself.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I hope the anime follows the games and introduces Hapu relatively soon (between the second and third Trials), because I have been looking forward to seeing her and her Mudsdale since this series began. :D (Bonus points if Ash meets her while she is confronting Team Skull grunts, just like in the games.) I hope she has the same attitude in the anime that she does in the games. It would be interesting if she were a second rival for Ash, even if she is only an informal, friendly rival.

Given that we saw the Battle Chateau in XY, I'm hoping we see the Battle Royale in SM. I wonder if Ash will encounter the Masked Royal at the Battle Royale and if he or any of his friends will figure out the Masked Royal is Professor Kukui.
Seeing Hapu and her Mudsdale would be cool, because I am interested in seeing how they'll be portrayed Anime, especially later, but this can be a little intro to her here, after Brooklet Hill. And if we are going by the games, it could set up a little battle for Ash and her vs a few Team Skull grunts. ;) I also agree that it would interesting if she became a second rival for Ash.

I think we will see some form of the Battle Royale in the series. They can definitely use a few more battles in it, for the sake of others. I don't know if we'll see the Masked Royal battle though, seeing as he doesn't have Rockruff anymore, but he could have other Pokemon that we don't know about in the Anime. And Ash would definitely not know who the Masked Royal is, because Obliviousness is his special ability. :p

On the contrary, I do expect some filler episodes, given how many new Pokemon Akala Island introduces. Stuff like Dewpider, Passimian, Oranguru, Fomantis, Stufful, Oricorio Pa-u Style, and Alolan Marowak (though we know this one is coming) have not debuted in the anime yet. Yeah, I know the anime hasn't exactly been faithful with regards to which Pokemon are found on which island, but hey, no time like the present to focus on some of these.
I can definitely see a filler episode about the Pyukumuku overrunning Hano Beach. Then the PAD will be speculating about a possible capture.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think we will see some form of the Battle Royale in the series. They can definitely use a few more battles in it, for the sake of others. I don't know if we'll see the Masked Royal battle though, seeing as he doesn't have Rockruff anymore, but he could have other Pokemon that we don't know about in the Anime. And Ash would definitely not know who the Masked Royal is, because Obliviousness is his special ability. :p
If the Masked Royal does appear, then I expect Ash will be the only one not to realize the Masked Royal is Professor Kukui (due to that incredibly powerful Oblivious ability of his), but his classmates will decide to keep the professor's secret and not tell Ash. :p Even if we don't see the Masked Royal battle, it will still be fun to see the character appear, even if it's only a cameo of sorts (a poster on the wall or an advertisement on a television screen in the atrium).

I can definitely see a filler episode about the Pyukumuku overrunning Hano Beach. Then the PAD will be speculating about a possible capture.
I don't know if that would be an entertaining episode or a disgusting episode. I suppose it depends on how often Pyukumuku shoots out its innards. >_<

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I don't know if that would be an entertaining episode or a disgusting episode. I suppose it depends on how often Pyukumuku shoots out its innards. >_<

Well being SM, I'm sure they'll make it a disgustingly entertaining episode. They've had Ash barfing rainbows and shaking his booty, so I think they'll show Pyukumuku's innards out in a way that's mildly disgusting, but humorous.