1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, May 13, 2016.

?

Which version are you getting?

1. Pokemon Sun

210 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. Pokemon Moon

236 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. Both versions

232 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Neither

2 vote(s)
    0.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulava

Wulava Let's Go! Staff Member Moderator

Are you picking up Sun? Do you prefer Moon? Buying both? Going physical or digital?
    Discuss the reasons for your decisions.

Stay in topic and use specific threads for discussing other matters.
    All forum rules apply.

2. Victreebong

Victreebong Gives 'em the slip..

This isn't even a question! Praise the Sun!!

3. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Both versions. I want to fully experience the version exclusives they offer, even if it's just Pokémon. Will be going physical for both. Always prefer retail than digital. It's also nice to have a collection, too.

4. Definitely Sun version.

#Lionboyz4life

5. Sabre_King

Sabre_King Well-Known Member

I am going with both because I cannot choose between either legendary, plus who knows which new pokemon will be versions exclusives, also I can see them doing exclusive mega stones again. I prefer retail, nothing feels better then having a physical copy of a game, especially a new pokemon game.

Well seeing the two glimpses of the legendary locations in the trailer it might be safe to say their might be some exclusive areas based in each game so that could be a positive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  6. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting that bombardment of Rowletts.

I'm going with Moon. No particular reason behind my choice, but my brother and I each always get one and play together and I chose Moon on a whim when they were announced.

7. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

Going with Sun. Even before that awesome lion legend I was going with it.

I'll also probably aim for a physical copy.

8. General Nonsense

General Nonsense Star Glider

Definitely going for Moon, that bat legend is just too dignified and majestic. I might use it on my team even.

9. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

I'm buying both but I'm getting Moon first since I like the skeletal-bat Pokemon slightly more than Improved-Pyroar. Hopefully the version exclusives deliver like Pokemon Y did (I like Spritzee and Swirlix equally but my username should be obvious as to why I chose Y).

10. KKS-Lapras

KKS-Lapras Well-Known Member

Moon, it looks more cerebral, majestic, etc.

11. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

I'll wait until more info about the games is revealed before I make a final decision, but I'm leaning towards Sun right now, mostly based on how the version mascot looks. I might end up getting both though.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  12. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Personally I'm leaning more towards Sun for right now solely based on the legends but it could change depending on what the version differences actually are.

13. NotABeginningTrainer

NotABeginningTrainer Well-Known Member

This is the first generation where I really can't decide which legend I prefer. I actually might get both which I've never even considered before.

14. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Emblian Pride

Leaning towards Moon version since I like the Moon legend a bit more than the Sun legend, may change when the version exclusives are revealed though I will eventually get both.

15. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

I am getting both games as I usually do and I already pre-order the games. One game to constantly restart the game and the other game to store level 100 pokemon and shiny pokemon. I decided to get both games because they are on the 3DS and I want to give them a try.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  16. Genos

Genos Warmind

Moon Version for me. Don't care for the exclusives. That's what trading is for.

17. Gohankuten

Gohankuten Well-Known Member

I'm getting both with one of em being physical and other being digital lol. Haven't decided which I will get as the physical copy yet though. And not sure which one I will start plying first that will depend on the exclusives.

18. Wryteous

Wryteous Rogue Trainer

Far too early for me to decide. I find both Legendary pokemon appealing. I'm hoping a few Pokemon that are version exclusive are revealed, they might make my decision

19. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Both. I'll get Sun first and Moon after a couple of months.

20. Doomdour

Doomdour Color Ball Collector

Both. Physical copies. Start two games up and use 2/3 starters early. Trading with myself hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.