• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 210 30.9%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 236 34.7%
  • Both versions

Votes: 232 34.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will eventually get both so that's what I voted, however for pre-ordering I'm only getting moon. The lion legendary looks cool but I've always had an affinity towards the moon and lunar cycles, ever since majora's mask and probably earlier in my camping days.

I proposed to my fiancee during a blood moon eclipse and we always go out to the country whenever there is a cool looking moon going to happen (super moons or eclipses) so I had to get moon first.

Also I offer celestial event breeding in my trade shop although no one has requested any yet. I did some for myself and bred a 6/6 IV Vulpix HA in a dream ball with 4 egg moves and reset my 3DS on the day of a solar eclipse to hatch it on that day, I hatched it in the radiant chamber which is an obscure hatching location. It ended up getting the E4 ribbon because it is the room right before the xy champion but that doesn't bother me too much. For a lunar eclipse pokemon I did teddyursa in a moon ball and reset my cartridge to a lunar eclipse date. He came out 6/6 IV also and I hatched him in the dark abyss or whatever the dark cave is in XY.

Long story short I've always enjoyed hatching pokemon on certain days like lunar eclipses and solar eclipses so I was very happy to hear about the themes of the new pokemon games! I definitely lean more towards moon thought so that's what I pre-ordered. The gamestop where I ordered it from is going to have a midnight release party so I will get to make some new friends and do some battling and trading!

*edit*

oh yea and I will get physical copies because I like box art.

My Gamestop is having the same event. They will even be playing old pokémon movies.

Chouru

Member of Black Ice
I fully plan on buying the dual pack. I have a 20% off coupon for game stop so it will be even cheaper. Aside from that its value is incredible anyway. And then I don't have to worry about any exclusives.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Moon version. Because i like playing at night in game, also most versions i played are the secondary ones, blue silver saphire and y

I'm getting Sun, I usually play late, so it will be the same experience most of the time. Yup, that final climactic event which includes the one that devours the sun is totally going to happen at midnight realtime.. -.-

I fully plan on buying the dual pack. I have a 20% off coupon for game stop so it will be even cheaper. Aside from that its value is incredible anyway. And then I don't have to worry about any exclusives.

You can just trade for version exclusives.. I usually saw this as a problem until I got Y and people traded me starters and version exclusives without problems. I'm not spending another 40'- if one of the reasons for that are the version exclusives. The only reason I'd ever buy a second version of something is if I want to do multiple runs.

I'm getting Sun, I usually play late, so it will be the same experience most of the time.

That'll be the case for me too. I think night usually looks cooler in-game, so it's actually better to pick Sun for me since I too get to play games mostly after dinner. Although I would've picked Sun either way.

canadiandragon

I've been trying to keep myself in the dark a bit about some of the details of Sun and Moon, so until reading this thread I had no idea there was a time shift between the two games! I was planning on getting Moon anyway, but now that I know it'll be night-time during the day, my mind is made up. I love how the Pokemon games look at night, everything's so pretty.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Definitely playing Sun first.
No annoying messed up time factor
Better exclusives, you can catch the cooler Lycanroc in the wild anyways. So the only "exclusive" Moon has I like is Sandslash.... and the Beauty UB

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
I'm getting Sun, my partner gets Moon. We might switch last-minute, but either way we'll both have access to all 'mons.

I'm pretty happy about some details concerning version-exclusives, too.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I might find myself getting both if I'm able, just for the full experience. Until then, I'm sticking with Moon.

If I do get both, it will be the first time I had both versions of a generation since Diamond & Pearl.

FireChick

I'm definitely getting both, but I'm picking Sun first this Friday since it has more exclusives that I like. Then, my mom's gonna get me Moon for Christmas. Sorry, Lunala! I love you but Sun has more of what I like!

Autobot N

I'm getting Sun. Midday Lycanroc, Solgaleo, and UB-02 Absorption just look so much cooler than their counterparts.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I'd begun debating a switch to Moon, due to an older gen exclusive Moon gets that is in my Top Six, but I recently got back in touch with an old friend of mine. We got to talking about gen VII and we'll go pick up our games together. She just texted me that she's switched to Moon, so I'm back on the Sun-train!

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I've preordered Moon - and the reviews so far have left me slightly more hopeful than I was before. I'll give it a shot and see if I like it (though I've heard the lag is pretty bad on the old 3ds so I am a little concerned if it means having to buy a better model), if so, then I'll get Sun at a later date too.

future.newyorker

I preorder both, but since I am a broke college student, I can't actually afford both at the moment. So I'm getting Sun for myself and selling Moon to my friend (we've had this deal worked out for ages, where I buy his copy of Pokémon and he pays me for it, he doesn't like going in GameStop and having people know that he likes Pokémon). But I'm going to ask for Moon for Christmas.

damion

Dragon Trainer
really put some thought into that question, i remember when silver and gold first came out i thought it was awesome that there was a day and night time and remembered how much i loved playing at night. With that I'm getting moon, I've already downloaded it now i just wait

ShinyKay

I was going to start off with Sun version anyway, but now that I get a closer look at the exclusives, I see that my choice was not wasted. It's got FREAKIN' TURTONATOR, what more could you ask for!?

Bowlbasaur

I chose Moon simply for that glorious beast Lunala.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Getting both, mostly because when I asked which one I should get (to 2 separate people) they both responded in the same way unintentionally- "Just get both since you're just going to get whichever one you don't get eventually anyways"
Since that's what I did with X and Alpha Sapphire :s
and it's true. I would have anyways ._.
Physical for both, I always love having physical more. I love having the box, and I love seeing cartridges and stuff. Sure digital is the "way of the future" but until its forced i'm going to be going with cartridges whenever I can. My girlfriend always goes digital because she lives out in the sticks and getting anything on release day means an hour of driving. Why do that when you can download it in half that time? *coughs because I live in the city and theres like 20 gamestops on my front porch cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.