• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 210 30.9%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 236 34.7%
  • Both versions

Votes: 232 34.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
When I saw the mascots I was like "Definitely Moon", but now "Solgaleo" has been growing on me to the point it is 51/49 now (though still leaning towards Moon).

Well, guess I'll have to wait for the exclusives.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
After seeing the legendaries, I'm heavily leaning for the Sun. Exclusives may change my mind. If Litten does go full tiger mode, and if I can get a bear (new or one of the previous three), I won't be able to resist. Lions and tigers and bears oh my.

I doubt I'll go for both. I did that for ORAS and it was a mistake. I just don't play them enough to warrant both, and I haven't traded for over a decade.

Kalosian

So long
I'm going to get both of them as I do that with every pair. I will get one of them before the other though, but I have not yet decided which I will start with. In the past, I have started with one over the other based on several different factors. Those were: the color I liked better (Blue, Silver), letting a friend choose and starting with the other myself (Ruby, as my friend picked Sapphire), based my choice on which version exclusives I like better (Pearl, Black) or which cover legend I like better (X). But this time, I'm not sure how I'll do. I don't think I will get to know the version exclusives before the release (and I don't want to spoil myself for them to be honest). Then I don't really prefer either legend over the other when it comes to design. So I'm not sure which game I will start with. I'm a little more biased towards Moon at this point due to influences from other media, but still... haven't fully decided yet. I have more than half a year left to make my decision though, so it isn't that bad. I'll know sooner or later.

I'm definitely getting both games as physical copies because I prefer having a physical copy of all my games. Never tried a digital copy and I fear the time it takes for them to download might be too long for my tastes.

Jackjaw

I've always gotten both versions whenever a new gen comes out, so I'm not going to be changing anything there.

However, I think Sun version is going to be my main version.

Sour Monster

Sun first, will probably end up getting Moon later. :3

UmbreonRanger

Pokemon Theorist
I'm gonna get both because by then I will be in college, so I'll be able to buy both!

Before they revealed the mascots, I was sure on getting Moon but now I'm kind of indecisive. I like Sun's mascot more but I don't like the color scheme of Sun version (orange/red), I prefer Moon's colors (purple/blue). Also if there are any version exclusive areas like in Gen 5 I'm guessing Moon will have more areas to my taste.

So I will probably wait a few days before buying the games to see if there are any version exclusive areas and decide based on that because right now it's 50/50.

Before they revealed the mascots, I was sure on getting Moon but now I'm kind of indecisive. I like Sun's mascot more but I don't like the color scheme of Sun version (orange/red), I prefer Moon's colors (purple/blue). Also if there are any version exclusive areas like in Gen 5 I'm guessing Moon will have more areas to my taste.

So I will probably wait a few days before buying the games to see if there are any version exclusive areas and decide based on that because right now it's 50/50.

I hope you mean a few months rather than days!:)

LambzGoHard

The legendaries have never made me buy one over the other because I end up buying both anyways so I know that i'll eventually catch both anyways. I always tend to pick the 'blue' game if that makes sense. I bought Blue in Gen 1 then when I got back into Pokémon like 2 years ago I bought Soul Silver. I've Pokémon X & AS as these are my completionist games and I play the other version for the exclusives anyways. I might actually buy Sun first this time around though as I basically love when it's hot! I tan easily and love wearing shorts!

I hope you mean a few months rather than days!:)
I could be wrong, but I think they meant a few days after the games are released/once we know everything there is to know re: version-exclusive areas, Pokémon, etc. Usually people have finished playthroughs by then and shared their findings online (if not sooner, due to street date violations/leaks.)

I could be wrong, but I think they meant a few days after the games are released/once we know everything there is to know re: version-exclusive areas, Pokémon, etc. Usually people have finished playthroughs by then and shared their findings online (if not sooner, due to street date violations/leaks.)

Oh right
if they live in Europe they don't have to wait, just watch everyone else play the game five days before you...

Missingno.Fan

I plan on getting Moon the day it comes out and then put Sun on my birthday/Christmas list. And I'm getting physical copies.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I'll be getting Sun on either my birthday or Christmas. (Birthday is the same month, but comes first) However, I also want the new Kirby game and if I don't have that before December, I'll have to choose between it and Pokemon for which is on my birthday and which is Christmas. If I'm lucky, I might get both on my birthday. Also, my brother is getting Moon and most likely for Christmas.

Shadow XD001

Getting Moon, because my brother is getting Sun. Although I happen to like the Sun legendary a bit more, the Moon one looks alright.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Pokemon Sun, I want my fire lion (and yes I know there is Entei and Pyroar, I meant the newest fire lion)

My older brother is planning on getting Pokemon Moon

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm getting Sun simply based on Solgaleo's design, which I like much more than Lunaala's design. Tho of course I might change my mind in a few months and just get both. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.