• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 210 30.9%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 236 34.7%
  • Both versions

Votes: 232 34.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm getting moon. Going to trade with my brother for the sun exclusives and then probably use gamefly for a copy of sun for the box legendary.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Both because I always have, one is my blind play through and the other is after I've slogged through the first one so I know what to look for. At least until I get the guidebook.

Snoo

Work Hard, Play Hard
I'm getting both physical copies of Pokémon Sun and Moon.

I'll probably wait to see the version exclusives before deciding which version to start with. As of right now, I'm leaning towards Pokémon Sun, love the legendary mascot. :)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Both, so I can trade evolve between games. Can't wait until they come out :).

ebevan91

Initially I will get Sun. With ORAS, I got Omega Ruby on release day and eventually bought Alpha Sapphire some months later, so I might do the same thing with Moon.

I could be wrong, but I think they meant a few days after the games are released/once we know everything there is to know re: version-exclusive areas, Pokémon, etc. Usually people have finished playthroughs by then and shared their findings online (if not sooner, due to street date violations/leaks.)

Oh right
if they live in Europe they don't have to wait, just watch everyone else play the game five days before you...

Yeah, that's what I meant. But I also live in Europe so you are right too... xD

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'd love to say both versions, I truly would. But based upon the last couple of days, if you're not Pokémon Sunning with Rowlet, you're Pokémoning wrong.

(I'm sure there's plenty of people who love Popplio, Litten, and the bat-curtain-thing. Just for lulz.)

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anywhere, but anyways I'm getting both versions. I'm hoping to pre-order Moon, since it's going to be my main game, and get Sun for Christmas.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I have no doubt that I'll be getting both. Sun is going to be my main probably, continuing my unintentional pattern of always using the 'red' version as my main.

DreamShield

I'm getting Moon for sure. I was hoping the Sun Legendary would be likable I also always seem to prefer the game in one certain line (Blue, Sapphire, SoulSilver, White/2, Y and AS, I got both Gold and Silver as my first games and I meant to get Pearl but I accidentally got Diamond way back when I preordered...) so I was hoping something would make me switch it up. But nope, I don't dislike the Lion, I just love the way they used the Moon concept more. I love bats, I love it's colours, and I love how they used the colours.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I plan on getting both, but Sun will be my primary game. I'll be using Moon for version exclusives and to transfer over the other 2 starters with help from Pokemon Bank.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I always get both. I will download Moon digitally at midnight, and I will get the physical copy of Sun on my birthday, which is november 30th.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'll probably eventually wind up with both, but to start I will be getting Moon. My mom is getting Sun and I like being outside during the nighttime.

Metagross8

Ribbon Maniac
I'll be getting both. However, my "primary" version will be Moon. I like subdued tones more than bright ones.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Can't decide yet, I want to know a bit more about those legendaries before I choose - mainly the typing as I'm not yet sold on either.

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
I will be getting both, though if I only get one at a time it's probably going to be Moon first for the simple fact that all the people I know who play, want Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.