• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 210 30.9%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 236 34.7%
  • Both versions

Votes: 232 34.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
Moon.

I always pick the "blue-aligned" version because of the mascots - and they always (more often than not) have an element of elegance or grace to their designs: Lugia, Kyogre, Dialga, Xerneas, Lunaala.

That being said, I always buy both versions and give one to someone so I have a trading partner.

Rsr57

I still don´t know. When the names were revealed, i clearly wanted Moon (i have a tendency to pick the "blue" version), but i wanted to see the legendaries just in case i really liked the Sun one. After watching the legendaries, i still have doubts. Right now, i like Solgaleo better, but Lunaala is slowly growing in me. I´ll have to wait to see their typings, abilities and signature moves to decide.

And maybe there will be other relevant differences between the games that will help me decide.

Right now i´m for Moon 70-30. And i always pick the physical version, that is 100% sure.

PsychoIncarnate

Whichever one is I pick as my main game is probably going to depend on if there are any exclusives I want. If not, I'll probably get Moon

Kronus09

I'm only picking the better looking cover for my collection of games and in my opinion the winner for this gen is Moon. Will be getting version exclusive Pokemon on the GTS, anyway.

Rhinne

I was leaning towards moon, but I'm really fond of Solgaleo so now I'm not sure. Probably still Moon and if I like game I sometimes buy the other version about a year later?

Creyk

who on earth came onto a primarily Pokémon forum and voted to not get either game?

Probably kids who can't afford the games and their parents don't buy it for them, and they can only play on emulators.

I'll most likely get Sun. The lion looks incredibly amazing while the moon bat is a horrid design.

UmbreonRanger

Pokemon Theorist
I'm gonna get both since I'll be in college once they come out.

Faunaat

Moon! It's logo looks like the Rebels's logo in Star Wars. <3
And now I'm even more happy with the bat legend being revealed. I like bat Pokemon. :)

Outburstz

Which ever is least popular so trading pokemon will be easier I hate Legendary pokemon so it doesn't matter.

Professor Maple

Pokemon prof.
Both. moon for me and sun for m brother

Andrew13112001

I'll get a physical copy(although later than most people cause Nintendo still doesn't like Europe), and probabily Moon. I like both legendary, but I just seem to lean more towards the Moon legendary.

I'm also trying to get blind into this(all I want to know is the starters final evolutions), so I'm gonna try to stay away from new Pokemon that aren't the legendaries or the starters, so I won't know the exclusives, so I guess it all comes down to the legendary.

who on earth came onto a primarily Pokémon forum and voted to not get either game?

Maybe that person doesn't have a 3DS, but is still involved with the fandom. Basicly me during XY's release.

EDIT: I just added a profile picture. Why doesn't it show up?

Last edited:

sheld999

ill get sun 1st from my local on the 18th then order moon from uk few weeks after since its cheaper and in my local dollar

gjdickie1992

I always end up getting both. No one in my friend circle really plays since school and I know there's online trading and stuff now but tradition seems to have stuck XD If I had to choose it would be quite hard I think these are my favourite mascots so far, but I would have to wait until all the information is released so I know about exclusives etc. Which is too long and the excitement overtook me and I pre-ordered both XD

Cancelling my Amazon pre-order for day one delivery.

Europe gets it on a Wednesday, I'd be better off picking it up myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.