• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 210 30.9%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 236 34.7%
  • Both versions

Votes: 232 34.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Found out my brother preordered both with that case thing for my birthday this weekend :D
Super happy! Now I don't have to decide between the two, except for which one to start first!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Found out my brother preordered both with that case thing for my birthday this weekend :D
Super happy! Now I don't have to decide between the two, except for which one to start first!

Haha! I just found out less than 24 hours ago that my stepdad preordered Sun for me for my own birthday XD
I'll eventually have both games, but in the meantime I guess I'm starting with Sun :)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
My most reliably Pokemon-playing friend said he was obviously going Sun because Solgaleo is obviously cooler, but thankfully, I disagree! :p I love Lunala's design, so unless there are some version exclusives I reeaally want on Sun, I'll be going Moon. Although, with said friend going Sun, version exclusives aren't so much of an issue, as long as he has money to get it when it is first released, as I most certainly will be.

BlitzGirl41

My most reliably Pokemon-playing friend said he was obviously going Sun because Solgaleo is obviously cooler, but thankfully, I disagree! :p I love Lunala's design, so unless there are some version exclusives I reeaally want on Sun, I'll be going Moon. Although, with said friend going Sun, version exclusives aren't so much of an issue, as long as he has money to get it when it is first released, as I most certainly will be.

Yep, agreed. I am leaning more towards Lunala, but version-exclusive Pokemon may make or break it for me. Want to have the most enjoyable team I can get!

Electric_Eye

Pokémon Maniac
I'm planning to do some insane spending for this games, where I live (DR), games take a long time to arrive with very unfriendly prices, but this time I'm willing to burn some cash, taking into account that I seem to be unable in the matter of avoiding spoilers, in order to prevent myself from seeing the whole game in youtube and other places of the internet, I will add funds to my 3DS account to download a digital version of Sun on the 18th and play on release date, and that same day I will order from amazon Moon or Both versions for the collection along with the games of three or four of my friends. (that will take about a week to arrive, enough time for me and my lack of self control to know every detail of the game if I don't get the digital copy).

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I have until now been averse to the idea of having a game solely as a digital copy. I've always liked the security that if I did manage to lose my DS, at least I would only lose one game, and have my Pokes safe on the others. However, I must admit that after downloading the Blue rerelease, I have enjoyed how much more convenient it is to not be fiddling around with those little cartridges whenever I want to switch games. So this time, I may well give the digital purchase a go. I suppose it means no paying for postage too!

Pacman

I will get both. Thought I dunno which one will be my 'main' game. I'm thinking Sun, because I like the Legendary for that one. I like the Legendary for Moon to, but I think I like the Sun one a little bit more.

Lux-Argorok

Both, but I'll be using Sun as the main game for now. Me being me, I'll probably crack open the strategy guide and go to the back to find out what the version exclusives are to determine which one I do a speed run of.

Cutty

Forever now
For now, I'll stand w/ both versions.
I like Lunala better but I have to see the version exclusives first.

It's now been finalised within my little IRL Pokémon friend group that I'm one of the three getting Moon whilst the three others get Sun, and I've already preordered the sweet steel book from GAME so I can also get the Lunala figure.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Either Pokemon Moon, or both.

I love the moon as it is the pinnacle of the tranquil night sky.

I've always been a lunatic.

Enjolras

Master of the House
I'll be playing Moon, as my brother has chosen Sun (he thinks Solgaleo is cooler than Lunala).

kanrasan

moon cause im edgy

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
For me, I usually choose one with cooler box art legendary. However, in situation like this where both legendaries are epic and beautiful, it usually depends on version exlusive pokemon. But they haven't been shown yet, so that decision still needs to wait.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
For me, I usually choose one with cooler box art legendary. However, in situation like this where both legendaries are epic and beautiful, it usually depends on version exlusive pokemon. But they haven't been shown yet, so that decision still needs to wait.

I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to the "blue" versions ( I played Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, and X first (also White and White 2, which I'm not sure how you'd classify), and now I'm going to start Gen 7 off with Moon. I just realized that I followed that pattern, too. Huh.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
me too. except I chose firered over leafgreen, 'cause i like charizard better than venasaur. But for the others, I played soulsilver, diamond, white two, x, and I would've picked alpha sapphire had I done one of those sets.

Last edited:

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Definitely Pokemon Sun for me. Solgaleo is too cool of a Lion not to be associated with. Plus, my username says it all too!

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I'm leaning towards Sun but I have to see the exclusives first. If there are any fairy exclusives I'll pick that game.

Also, I'd be so down for trading with anyone from moon (aside from legendaries).

Status
Not open for further replies.