• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 210 30.9%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 236 34.7%
  • Both versions

Votes: 232 34.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmethystLeslie

Man, did i make quite the choice for preordering Moon. Can't wait to see how it goes with that 12 hour difference.

BlitzGirl41

Man, did i make quite the choice for preordering Moon. Can't wait to see how it goes with that 12 hour difference.

I'll probably try my copy of Moon out as-is at first, then later try changing my DS's clock if perma-night gets boring (since I only play in the daytime hours).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I wonder how 'permanent night' (so to speak) is gonna affect the purchases for Moon. I don't expect much change, but knowing that I would mostly play at night if I was leaning towards Moon, I would definitely consider changing copy.
It's a cool concept, but I don't think I could really bring myself to like the fact that I play in annoying darkness most of the time.

ronpweasy

Uh, just kidding, I change my answer. After seeing the trailer today, I'll definitely be getting Pokemon Sun over Moon. Say no to Totem Alolan Raticate and inverted day/night cycles.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm getting both, but i'll probably get Moon first.

I was always going to get it first, but the "night at 8am" thing seems interesting. Also, Totem Alolan Raticate is awesome.

Will get Sun for Christmas after i finish Moon.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Already settled on Sun because I like Solgaleo a lot more than Lunaala and now I am really not regretting that decision because I prefer playing in the daytime as opposed to nighttime.

Cowterpie

Uncool Trainer
I pre-ordered both back when they became available on amazon, just to have one copy to replay whenever, but now moon has inverted day/night to sun I'm looking forward to playing it as its own experience instead of just being used purely to replay the game. I usually play in the daytime and then maybe a few hours in the evening so it'll be nice to experience the Alola region in a different light.

Mind the pun.

BlitzGirl41

I wonder how 'permanent night' (so to speak) is gonna affect the purchases for Moon. I don't expect much change, but knowing that I would mostly play at night if I was leaning towards Moon, I would definitely consider changing copy.
It's a cool concept, but I don't think I could really bring myself to like the fact that I play in annoying darkness most of the time.

I feel the same way, but sadly I will be keeping my pre-order as-is and get Moon. That way I can trade with my friend who is getting Sun. If worst comes to worst, we can always change our 3DS clocks!

And in regards to the dislike of A-Raticate as a Totem Pokemon...you can just have your dislike fuel your desire to defeat it. Throw in a Fighting-type and BAM. KO.

Julia Artemis

I guess I'll get Moon. But I would like to see more info on version exclusive Pokemon, but the more interesting game seems to be Moon so I'll probably pick that and Lunala seems way more compelling than Solgaleo

.Aerodactyl.

I feel the same way, but sadly I will be keeping my pre-order as-is and get Moon. That way I can trade with my friend who is getting Sun. If worst comes to worst, we can always change our 3DS clocks!

And in regards to the dislike of A-Raticate as a Totem Pokemon...you can just have your dislike fuel your desire to defeat it. Throw in a Fighting-type and BAM. KO.

Depending how awesome this story is, I might even get both to have a main copy and re-playable one (this would be a first for me!) I might very well end up doing this, as this game is shaping up to be incredible.

I'm keeping my pre-order of sun, but I actually have the opposite problem XD. Playing moon would be nice for me, cause I usually end up playing in the evening after work, so I'm usually playing in the dark. Only the weekends would really show the difference to me. At least these games are GORGEOUS no matter what time it is :D

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm insisting on playing Moon as my main game, although I will buy both versions. Hope the time cycle would've worked in a way that daytime lasts longer in Sun and night time lasts longer in Moon. But, oh well.

BlitzGirl41

Alright I made up my mind. I'm getting Moon! Hopefully the version exclusives will be better than last game

Yeah, there really were not many version exclusives in X/Y. Just the box mascots, one or two new Pokemon, and Megas. By the sounds of it, Alolan-forms may be exclusives, and that's all I really know right now (example: A-Raticate is the Totem Pokemon in Moon whereas Gumshoos is in Sun. I know it doesn't prove that A-forms are version exclusives, but it's a possibility).

Julia Artemis

The only real useful version exclusives was Clauncher and Dragalge, so it was super disappointing, but hoping they fix this in this game. I want like 4-5 version exclusive new Pokemon

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Originally I only ever get a single version of a game. And this Time I was going to only get Moon (which I've pre-ordered). However I think this gen may be the first where I buy buy versions. I want Moon as my main game, then I'll buy sun after I've completed Moon as my Nuzlocke and mess around game. So I'll have one for serious and one for fun.

20th Anniversary and all - and being the massive Pokémon fan that I am and always have been - has pretty much coaxed me into pre-ordering both Sun and Moon (I considered the Fan Edition steelbook, but it doesn't look at all an improvement on the standard case). I've never purchased both games upon the start of a generation before - and only did so in the summer with my purchases of Y and Alpha Sapphire to bring myself back up to speed without heading over to Bulbapedia.

I've also pre-ordered that New 3DS XL with Solgaleo and Lunala print - I mean, I played Gen VI on a 2DS, but considering the graphics and the size of my hands now as opposed to then, I wouldn't feel like I'd be getting the most out of the Pokémon game/s I've seemingly always wanted (without knowing it).

Shame us Europeans have to wait another 5 days without a clear reason though...

Relax

20th Anniversary and all - and being the massive Pokémon fan that I am and always have been - has pretty much coaxed me into pre-ordering both Sun and Moon (I considered the Fan Edition steelbook, but it doesn't look at all an improvement on the standard case). I've never purchased both games upon the start of a generation before - and only did so in the summer with my purchases of Y and Alpha Sapphire to bring myself back up to speed without heading over to Bulbapedia.

I've also pre-ordered that New 3DS XL with Solgaleo and Lunala print - I mean, I played Gen VI on a 2DS, but considering the graphics and the size of my hands now as opposed to then, I wouldn't feel like I'd be getting the most out of the Pokémon game/s I've seemingly always wanted (without knowing it).

Shame us Europeans have to wait another 5 days without a clear reason though...

I have a question for you tho, what is the big difference between 2d and 3d ds XL. I know screen is bigger of the 3d ds XL but does 3d really make that big of a difference? Because I can't see the 3d.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I was set with Moon since the games were announced because I started with Blue and then for no reason I kept going with the "cold" versions (Silver, Sapphire, White...)

But with this 12 hours thing, I think I will break the cycle and go to Sun. Even though I have more time to play at night and I prefer games set during the day (so Moon would fit better), I think I will immerse easier in the game if I go with the version that mirrors the real life time.

Navarch

Not sure what version I want now. I always go with the "cold" game like Diamond, X, Blue, etc. but now I may get Sun because I'm not a fan of the switched day/night cycle. Seems a little strange. I'll decide closer to release after we get version exclusives and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.