• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 210 30.9%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 236 34.7%
  • Both versions

Votes: 232 34.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have changed my mind. I'm now getting both versions, which will be a first for me. Initially I was Sun only but after seeing the latest video I want to play Moon also. (If I can afford them that is!)

I have a question for you tho, what is the big difference between 2d and 3d ds XL. I know screen is bigger of the 3d ds XL but does 3d really make that big of a difference? Because I can't see the 3d.

Well, the difference between 2DS and the original 3DS XL is really just the 3D and the proportions of everything. I'm personally not getting the New 3DS XL - which can exhibit it's 3D prowess much smoother at different angles to the original 3DS incarnations - for 3D, but rather the larger screen, smoother running and download time, and, perhaps the foremost reason: ergonomics. My hands have massively outgrown my 2DS.

I feel like a Snorlax holding a Tynamo.

BlitzGirl41

Well, the difference between 2DS and the original 3DS XL is really just the 3D and the proportions of everything. I'm personally not getting the New 3DS XL - which can exhibit it's 3D prowess much smoother at different angles to the original 3DS incarnations - for 3D, but rather the larger screen, smoother running and download time, and, perhaps the foremost reason: ergonomics. My hands have massively outgrown my 2DS.

I feel like a Snorlax holding a Tynamo.

I will never invest money in "XL" versions of anything because I have TINY hands. XD I still have my original 3DS, though it does have a case on it which makes it a bit easier to hold.

M.P.

Retired
Moon, because I like Lunala more than Solgaleo. Other exclusives might change my mind, though.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
IDC, getting both eventually. My first version depends on version exclusives, currently leaning towards Sun though.

Relax

I will never invest money in "XL" versions of anything because I have TINY hands. XD I still have my original 3DS, though it does have a case on it which makes it a bit easier to hold.

But I wonder is 3ds much better\usefull then 2ds?

On topic: I am gonna buy Sun and my brother is gonna buy Moon

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer

For myself, the 2DS all the way. It's just cheaper, and I can't see 3D anyways (the movie/game gimmick, not literally).

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

It depends. If Sun/Moon comes with N3DS-enhanced, like how BW was for DSi, then it may affect the received performance a little between both consoles. However, considering S/M already announced 2DS bundle, I don't think that would be the case.

I prefer 3DS XL, simply because I find it more enjoyable to play in a 90% larger screen compared to 2DS and 3DS, and less eye-tiring.

seafoodlover

I thought Pokemon Sun was cooler at first but now I'm leaning toward Moon. I kind of regret getting Pokemon Y over X or red edition over blue edition. I think I should just stick to the blue team from now on cause I really enjoy Sapphire.

Phillies

I will be getting both. I will play Moon and then use Sun to soft reset for shiny starters. After I get all 3 starter I will then play Sun.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm gonna have to change my decision and get Sun now. The game clock change in Moon really puts me off.

Oh well there's always trading here.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I'm sticking to my guns and going for moon, it looks really interesting, although I might have to change my clock if I ever plan to use skymin.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I have been leaning towards Sun since the start, but with me being a lover of fairies and fairies being associated with the Moon, I hope I don't get screwed over and lose out on some fairies.

BlitzGirl41

I'm sticking to my guns and going for moon, it looks really interesting, although I might have to change my clock if I ever plan to use skymin.

Yeah, I also am sticking with Moon despite my reservations over the clock and Rockruff's night evo. I may just change my 3DS clock if I feel the need to.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Ok I finally preordered both off of Amazon today. Also ordered one of my roommates a copy of Moon, as he doesn't have prime. So it's definitely both for me, as I predicted it would be a few months ago.

Ertix

Definetely I prefer Pokemon Moon, cause:
• Sun as a symbole symbolizes a masculinity, activism, agressiveness, day, and happiness - the character traits which I don't identify with. Moon symbolizes romantism, night, suffering, gentleness and feminism, the traits which I do more identify with.
• Sun causes skin cancer. :p
• Lunaala is more attractive for me than Solgaleo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.