• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun team that counters weather!

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Electrivire @Choice Scarf
Adamant
Motor Drive
252 Attack/252 Speed/4Hp
Moveset
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

This is my lead as it takes out pretty much everything. Ice Punch takes out most things that use stealth rock (ex Aredactyl) Thunder Punch for Politoad. Earthquake for Ninetails. Cross Chop takes out Tyranitar in 1 hit.

Ninetails @Passho Berry/Leftovers
Modest
Drought
252 Hp/252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDef
Moveset
-Flamethrower
-Confuse Ray
-Energy Ball
-Calm Mind/Toxic

Basically all he does is get there and put up sun he might Toxic a Pokemon or two but really is just for the sun.

Suicune @Leftovers
Relaxed
Pressure
252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpDef
Moveset
Ice Beam/Air Slash
Toxic
Aqua Ring
Calm Mind

I love to switch this thing on Physical Pokemon. If they can poisoned and don't do more than 25% Health its an easy stall with PP and Toxic.

Cressila @Leftovers
Calm
Levitate
252 Hp/252 SpDef/ 4 Def
Moveset
-SolarBeam
-Thunder Wave
-Moonlight
-Calm Mind/Attract

Mainly my SpDef wall. Moonlight gets a huge boost in the sun. Calm Mind so SolarBeam will do a lot more. Thunder Wave ruins a lot of Pokemon, Attract is mess up Male pokemon which I tend to see a lot.

Rhyperior @Leftovers/Choice Band
Adamant
Solid Rock
252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def
Moveset
-Rock Polish/ Hammer Arm
-Rock Wrecker
-Mega Horn
-Earthquake

Really with Solid Rock its hard to OHKO this. Rock Wrecker destorys Salamence and Scizor. Rock Polish is for Boosting up speed and possibly sweeping. While Hammer Arm is for dealing extra damage against other Rock-types (Not to mention Ferrothorn aswell). Leftovers goes with Rock Polish Choice Band goes with Hammer Arm.

Magmortar @Choice Scarf/Focus Sash
Modest
Flame Body
252 Speed/252 SpAtk/4 Hp
Moveset
-Physic
-SolarBeam
-Hidden Power Ice
-Flamethrower

I really like this one. Physic gets rid of Gengar (goes with Focus Band so it can take a Shadow Ball). SolarBeam rips though Waters. HP Ice takes out Dragons. Flamethrower for Basic STAB.

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

Wait, is this an OU team? Because if you simply take out Ninetales, you get a UU team. You may as well, the sun hardly does anything for your team.

If you want a Sun OU team, then you're barking up the wrong tree, try adding some sun sweepers such as Venusaur or Volcarona and some other common sun pokemon like Dugtrio.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Wait, is this an OU team? Because if you simply take out Ninetales, you get a UU team. You may as well, the sun hardly does anything for your team.

If you want a Sun OU team, then you're barking up the wrong tree, try adding some sun sweepers such as Venusaur or Volcarona and some other common sun pokemon like Dugtrio.
I'm not really going for common but i see how Volcarona could replace Magmortar.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Electrivire @Choice Scarf
Adamant
Motor Drive
252 Attack/252 Speed/4Hp
Moveset
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch I'd use Wild Charge.
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

This is my lead as it takes out pretty much everything. Ice Punch takes out most things that use stealth rock (ex Aerodactyl) Thunder Punch for Politoed. Earthquake for Ninetales. Cross Chop takes out Tyranitar in 1 hit.

Ninetales@Passho Berry/Leftovers
Modest
Drought
252 Hp/252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDef
Moveset
-Flamethrower
-Confuse Ray
-Energy Ball
-Calm Mind/Toxic

Basically all he does is get there and put up sun. he might use Toxic a Pokemon or two but really is just for the sun.

Suicune @Leftovers
Relaxed
Pressure
252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpDef
Moveset
Ice Beam/Air Slash Use Ice Beam.
Toxic
Aqua Ring
Calm Mind

I love to switch this thing on Physical Pokemon. If they can be poisoned and don't do more than 25% Health its an easy stall with PP and Toxic.

Cresselia @Leftovers
Calm
Levitate
252 Hp/252 SpDef/ 4 Def
Moveset
-SolarBeam I'd use Ice Beam or Psychic, even in the sun. SolarBeam doesn't really get coverage.
-Thunder Wave
-Moonlight
-Calm Mind/Attract Whaaaaat??? Attract?? No, definitely use Calm Mind.

Mainly my SpDef wall. Moonlight gets a huge boost in the sun. Calm Mind so SolarBeam will do a lot more. Thunder Wave ruins a lot of Pokemon, Attract will mess up Male pokemon which I tend to see a lot. BUT! Once you use Attract, opposing genders will ALWAYS switch out. This is why it's so useless.

Rhyperior @Leftovers/Choice Band Go with Leftovers.
Adamant
Solid Rock
252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def
Moveset
-Rock Polish/ Hammer Arm
-Rock Wrecker WHAT?! Definitely replace it with Stone Edge.
-Megahorn
-Earthquake

Really with Solid Rock its hard to OHKO this. Rock Wrecker destroys Salamence and Scizor. LOL. Rock Wrecker is useless. The turn of recharge clearly explains this. Rock Polish is for Boosting up speed and possibly sweeping. While Hammer Arm is for dealing extra damage against other Rock-types (Not to mention Ferrothorn as well). Leftovers goes with Rock Polish, Choice Band goes with Hammer Arm.

Magmortar @Choice Scarf/Focus Sash
Modest
Flame Body
252 Speed/252 SpAtk/4 Hp
Moveset
-Psychic
-SolarBeam
-Hidden Power Ice
-Flamethrower

I really like this one. Psychic gets rid of Gengar (goes with Focus Sash so thatit can take a Shadow Ball). SolarBeam rips though Waters. HP Ice takes out Dragons. Flamethrower for Basic STAB.

I'd suggest you use better grammar and spelling. Note: 6.5/10

Ilan

This team is not so good, you got 4 ground weak pokemons, attract which is gimmick and trollish, you rely on solar beam for damage when you opponent can just use their weather inducer again (switching DUH) or just use something that resist grass IDK heatran maybe..
rock wrecker is a giga impact variant so don't use it...

cresselia's psychic do more damage than solar beam because of STAB and you got nothing to deal with heatran after rhyperior is KOed

suicune- you switch on physical attacker then they boost with SD and KO suicune

confuse ray is unrealible ninetales set isn't that good

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Your Electivire isn't OHKO'ing Defensive Toed, man! You should replace Thunder Punch with Wild Charge and maybe even your Scarf 4 an Expert Belt seeing as Electivire IS one the items prime candidates and it could ensure the KO. 'Sides, an incoming Scald/Hypnosis could really screw your Electivire up. :0

Also, an immediate flaw on your team would be your choice of Rock Wrecker on Rhyperior. Opt 4 Stone Edge 4 consistent use and power or Rock Blast 2 break through any subs you might've allowed your opponent 2 set up.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
This doesnt look like a sun team at all honestly. Replace Rhyperior all together for Agility Metagross,use ice beam and dont use attract on cresselia(or just use Porygon2). Magmortar definetley needs to go,totally outclassed by volcarona and Heatran. Get Electivire out of the lead position immediatley,use expert belt and Wild charge. you could even use Politoad instead of ninetales as he benefits the team better (at least the one i pretty much built for you). You can keep Suicune or preferably go for Vaporeon and make a psuedo GyaraVire combo. also consider running a mixed Vire with Thunder if you take my advice and switch this to a rain team. As is this team will get murdered.

You know,i might just make this team ^ inspiration ftw

Last edited:

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
This doesnt look like a sun team at all honesty.

That's probably because NeoHopeSTF is trying to counter any other weather effects that come up and spoil Drought,which is a difficult thing to do.

Trying to counter weather teams however couldn't be simpler-Use a Pokemon who can learn Cloud Nine(Psyduck,DW Swablu and DW lickytung lines).Give it a lagging tail for the guaranteed weather clearance.
-Well,that might work-you could try it with Ninetales-just to see if you're ever outspeed anyone.

Then,they'll probably try to reactivate it by switching out and back in again,so you could use a good Pursuit user for that(Scizor or Absol might be useful here).
Alternatively you could lock them in with Arena Trap,Mean Look,Spider Web...
you get the idea.

But for this team: you need to think WEATHER.
If raining,Electivire could use 100% Thunder to counter opponents.
Suicune could really use STAB water moves for it to really shine,especially if it's under rain.
You have plenty of Solar Beam users,so fingers crossed Drought works properly.
The only problem I can possibly see is Tyranitar and Sandstorms.
Yes,you've got Cross Chop,but Tyranitar could easily just switch out-and pursuit isn't going to help you here.

Any team can work well-yours just needs tweaking before you can call it a weather countering one.

Best of luck!

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I say on the Rhyperior, Leftovers over Choice Band, and go with with moveset: Stone Edge, EQ, Hammer Arm, and Rock Polish.