• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

sunny day

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!

^ I love this guy. Would there be a better move instead of Shock Wave or is that just for gyarados?

Just for Gyarados.

And I like the Exeggutor instead of Shiftry 8D. Unique and people wont immediately expect it to be a Sunny Day team and rather think you're an idiot (which really is actually a good thing).

I personally like having knock off on tangrowth. If you have access to it, morning sun is a good option.

I agree about the Morning Sun, but it is really hard to get a good Tangela with Morning Sun.

Alzi

Toon link
Should i go with the set Conquistador showed me or do you think i should go with the standard set that has knock off etc?

I could be an Idiot in some way. XD

Edit: And how do you get a Tangela with morning sun?

Last edited:

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
With my idea, naturally. xP.

Sure its Knock Off is handy, but your using Tangrowth's inferior Attack to Special Attack and people say it's a "Gyarados counter" whereas the Bold set works better.

Plus, you can still have Knock Off just for the effect if absolutely necessary.

Alzi

Toon link

- Shock Wave
- Sunny Day
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hmm should i replace Hidden Power ice for Knock off or maybe shock wave? Since i can Revenge kill Gyara with infernape's thunderpunch?

Edit: Also Hidden Power [Electric] on Heatren.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Yes, that could work.

Also, in general, the Impish standard is probably better, but in a Sunny Day team the Bold variant is preferable, in my oppinion.

Alzi

Toon link
But most of the sunny day Tangrowths run Modest ?

I might just go with the average standard impish set.

Are there any other comments like is it good team or bad team?

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Lol, someone's been looking at the Smogon Analysis page.

Modest = Sweeper

Impish = Wall

Bold = Just as good of a wall but with sweeping ability too.

It's your choice, though.

Alzi

Toon link

Lol yes i know what modest, bold and impish mean i am not stupid. Basically modest since that is what most Tangrowths are in sunny day team sweepers. I'll just go with impish and the average set since i'm a little low on walls.

Edited first post now hows the team?

Alzi

Toon link
*Bump to make every one see it on the first page*

So is this team good or not?
I think it's a good sunny day team i don't see any weakness but maybe others can see them i'm not sure. But does any one see anything wrong with the team?

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!

Lol yes i know what modest, bold and impish mean i am not stupid. Basically modest since that is what most Tangrowths are in sunny day team sweepers. I'll just go with impish and the average set since i'm a little low on walls.

Edited first post now hows the team?

Lol, I didn't post that to hint that you didn't know what they were xP. I know that you know. I was just outlining the fact that a Bold one is just as good of a wall and yet has relatively good offensive capabilities too. :p

Alzi

Toon link
Lol, I didn't post that to hint that you didn't know what they were xP. I know that you know. I was just outlining the fact that a Bold one is just as good of a wall and yet has relatively good offensive capabilities too. :p

Oh i thought you where trying to teach me. :p

So is the team good do i need any more changes to it?
And also we are never getting the Australian club back anymore.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Lol, how do you know?

And on the team, I think it's fine now. 'Cept for that fact that it should be my Bold Tangrowth instead of the Impish one in my oppinion xP.

Alzi

Toon link
Lol, how do you know?

And on the team, I think it's fine now. 'Cept for that fact that it should be my Bold Tangrowth instead of the Impish one in my oppinion xP.

I think impish is good but anyway thanks for everys help. And i also relised that fighting master hasn't rated my team for the first time! lol.

I know because i pm'ed the mod who closed it and asked her if she could open it again but she didn't since it was a 3rd time being bad and the club will just get filled with spam again.