• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

sunny day

Alzi

Toon link
Welcome this is my sunny day team and my goal is to make allot of teams such as rain dance / sandstorm teams.

103.png

Exeggutor@Hot Rock / Lum Berry / leftovers / Focus Sash Which one?
Trait: Chlorophyll
Modest152 atk / 100 spd / 252 sp.atk
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Sleep powder
-EXPLOSION

I took out Shiftry for this.
My new lead sets up sunny day for my team. Hmm but i'm not too sure on what item to use any suggestions?

485.png

Heatran@Choice Specs
Modest 252 sp.atk / 200 spd / 56 hp
-Earthpower
-Flamethrower
-EXPLOSION / Hidden Power [Electric]
-Dragon Pulse

I’ve never really used one of these but I find it useful on a sunny day team. Dragon pulse for annoying dragon types. Flamethrower is lovely since you get stab and it gets powered up by sunny day. Explosion for when I get bored but I might go with Hidden Power electric to take down Gyarados.

465.png

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
Impish 252 hp / 28 spd / 228 def
-SleepPowder / Hidden Power [Fire]
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Knock Off

Knock off so i can knock off the foes item. Since i already have a pokemon with sleep powder i might go with hidden power fire. Leech seed since it will be nice and speedy in the sun.

242.png

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold 252 hp / 252 def / 6 sp.atk
-Ice Beam
-Seismic toss
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy

OMG it’s a Blissey. We all know how it works.

229.png

Houndoom@Leftovers / Heat Rock which one?
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid 252 sp.atk / 216 spd / 40 hp
-Hidden Power [Fight]
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

This thing can get beastly. My team needed more pokemon with the move sunny day so I gave it sunny day instead of the hidden powers.

392.png

Infernape@Expertbelt
Jolly 252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp
-Close Combat
-Sword Dance
-Flare blitz
-Thunder Punch

Last but not least. INFERNAPE. I went expert belt since I only have one life orb in the game so yeah. I went with the physical set because I don’t want my team too special based.

Hope it’s a good team and hope you can rate it and fix it better. Thanks to poke beach for pictures. And only post if you know what you are saying.

Alzi

Last edited:

Megamiz

Neverchanging Avvie
1) You might want Focus Sash on your lead, to many other leads kill it before it can set up.

2) Is your Infernaped hacked?!?! It has >510 EVs lol.

3) And opposing Blissey will be a pain paralyzing your whole team since it walls over half of it if you decide to go Cress > Bliss.

Alzi

Toon link
Sunny day teams are a little o.0 because it takes time to organise a good team for it.

Hahaha i never payed atention to that infernape. :p I'll fix it now.

I might go focus sash on Shiftry. Hey is there any better leads that i can go with that can sunny day well?

And yeah i'll stick with blissey for now.

Thanks are there any other suggestions?

Keaton

Custom User Title
Venusaur is pretty bulky and can learn Sunny Day (and benefit from it) concider him to lead. ie.

Venusaur@Leftovers/Heat Rock
Nature: Bold
Ability: Overgrow
EV: 252 HP/ 126 DEF/ 126 SdEF/ 4 SaTK
---Sunny Day
---Solarbeam
---Synthesis
---Leech Seed

Alzi

Toon link
It's to slow to lead and get's eaten by common leads just as shiftry does. And i already have somthing to leech seed with..

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
in a sunnyday team you should seriously consider a moonlight cresilia

Alzi

Toon link

That could be an option since it would recover 100% of my health. But then Blissey can thunder wave my whole team as Megamiz said and i coudn't fix it up. But if i have Blissey then aromatherapy helps. And sleep talk cresselia works just as well since it can take status.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Cool that you try a sunny day team, you don't see that weather effect much. Sadly the team has the most awful Heatran weakness ever, it can switch into almost anything, get his boost & will lurk sunny day. Other common team breakers like Gyarados and Heracross give you major problems too.

Weezing/Dusknoir over Tangrowth can handle this two, but Heatran is a much bigger problem.

Bizziler

On my Sunny Day team, I use a Cress, and a Roserade for Aromatherapy. It's worked surprisingly well :p Not to mention that Bliss gets nothing from the sun at all. Blissey isn't the only cleric in the game, try experimenting with others.

Megamiz

Neverchanging Avvie
Cool that you try a sunny day team, you don't see that weather effect much. Sadly the team has the most awful Heatran weakness ever, it can switch into almost anything, get his boost & will lurk sunny day. Other common team breakers like Gyarados and Heracross give you major problems too.

Weezing/Dusknoir over Tangrowth can handle this two, but Heatran is a much bigger problem.

Tangrowth handles Gyara well enough. Just don't use Leech Seed off the bat Alzi, in case it tries to taunt you.

Houndoom beats Heatran despite the weather boost.

On my Sunny Day team, I use a Cress, and a Roserade for Aromatherapy. It's worked surprisingly well :p Not to mention that Bliss gets nothing from the sun at all. Blissey isn't the only cleric in the game, try experimenting with others.

Good idea, but Bliss is a more stable cleric, which he needs. Alzi's Bliss needs to come in on opponent Bliss and cure his team of status.

Alzi

Toon link
This is why i like my rain dance team better. It's so much easier to make one. I could go with sleep talking Dusknoir with T-punch and fire punch. But is there any more advice that i should know from people? Right now i think it's pretty stable for a sunny day team?

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Any bulky water ruins heatrans day but they dont really fit in well ina sunny day team...

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Houndoom beats Heatran despite the weather boost.

How can Houndoom savely switch into Earthpower from Heatran? And even if he could how will he ever OHKO it with moves heatran resists, if he isn't outspeed by choicescarf users anyway.

Alzi

Toon link
Heres someone else to concider:

Espeon@Life Orb
Nature: Modest/Timid
Ability: Synch
EV: 252 Satk 252 Spd 6 HP
---Psychic
---Shadow Ball
---HP Fire
---Morning Sun

Hmm i'm really not a espeon fan but i'll need other people's suggestions on this?

Megamiz

Neverchanging Avvie
How can Houndoom savely switch into Earthpower from Heatran? And even if he could how will he ever OHKO it with moves heatran resists, if he isn't outspeed by choicescarf users anyway.

Houndoom only comes in when Heatran uses a Sunny Day powered Overheat (which will do >50% on Blissey.). Since most are Specs/Scarf, it'll have to switch out. Otherwise, Blissey is his special wall and will absorb Heatran's special attacks.

Note to OT: giving Houndoom HP [Fight/ Ground] could off Heatran should it decide to switch in. Something to consider.

Last edited:

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Moltres
- Fire Blast
- Hp Ground
- Air Slash / Will-o-Wisp
- Morning Sun / Roost

Something that can attempt to switch into Heatran.

Alzi

Toon link
Migz i gave sunny day instead of hidden power fight / ground on Houndoom since i need at least 2 pokemon that are sunny daying on my team.

I like that Moltres nooblet what should i replace it with?