• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sunny Team

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
My team is very flawed, but ohh well... I'm not perfect, and I'm always willing to learn and take advice :)
Please though, dont suggest ferrothorn or heatran.... or any of the more common pokemon... I also like to use gimmicks; if you have any useful gimmicks, please do share :)

ninetails.jpg
Accelgor.jpg
Donphan.jpg

Hydreigon.jpg
gengar.jpg
sawsbuck.jpg
;038;Ninetails@ Choice Scarf
4hp 252 spAtk 252 spd
Timid
Drought
- FireBlast
- Solarbeam/energy ball
- Hidden Power Ice/Ground
- Dark Pulse
Ninetails has always been one of my favorite pokemon; too bad that he has lackluster stats. Gen V atleast gave him a huge niche as the sunny-setter-upper. My fox comes with a surprising twist; he is a fashion fox. I have him scarfed + dark pulse because im deathly afraid of chandelure (and especially when he gets his DW ability). Solarbeam/energy ball are for bulky waters, but it might not do as much dmg, although it does grab surprise Kos on Terrakion. I’m torn between hidden power ice and ground; with scarf it surprise Kos the litter of 4x weak dragons, and it still does decent dmg on Lati@s, but ground hits key members such as chandelure, heatran, and opposing fire types (the only reason I’m weary to use it is because of air balloon).

Accelgor @ focus sash
252hp 252 spd 4 deg
Jolly/Timid
Hydration
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
- Rain Dance
- Rest
A true suicide lead; set up spikes (with sash I get atleast two layers if no weather is present and Ive not been hit). If an undecirable weather inducer has been bough to the plain field, I set up rain dance, heal dmg next turn with rest, and attempt to set up more layers. Then my final attack is Final Gambit, which takes into account the remaining HP I have; if I have full Hp, it will do 364 dmg to the opponent (usually I get Kos on offensive TTar and offensive Toads. If I don’t get the KO (usually 11% is left) I come back in with donphan and set up stealth rocks to assure their death during the switch.

;232;Donphan @ Red Card
252 hp 188 Atk 68 Def
Impish
Sturdy
- Stealth Rock
- Ice shard
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
My second lead. Stealth rock is a crowd favorite; everyone has one, and if you don’t have it then you are missing out! Ice shard is for pesky dragons, or even thundurus/tornadus. Earthquake is standard; it hits hits hits…. Baring levitators and flyers. Rapid spin to take away opposing entry hazards. Red Card might seem like an odd item, but it helps with phasing (the only down side is that its only one time use) in the case I decide not to use Donphan right away as a lead.

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
252 SpAtk 252 speed 4hp
Modest
Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
Hydreigon is one of my new favorite pokemons because of his design, and I like the typing as I like dark pokemons. Focus Blast deals with Normal/Rock/Steel/Ice, especially one of my arch nemesis, Heatran. Dark Pulse is secondary stab and usually OHKO reiniclus or TWOHKO after he has one calm mind, but I have to weary of his own focus blast. Fire Blast is a pseudo-stab, and Im a sucker for fire type moves; I just like using them!

;094;Gengar @ Life Orb
4hp 252SpAtk 252spd
Timid
Levivate
- Shadow Ball
- ThunderBolt
- Giga Drain/Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
Shadow Ball is for stab. Pseudo-Boltbeam is for coverage. Giga drain is a surprise attack that lets me gain HP back. However, Focus Blast catches better coverage combined with shadow ball while hitting blissey and tyranitar harder.

Sawsbuck @ life orb
252speed 252atk 4 hp
Adamant
Chlorophyll
- Return/Double Edge/Retaliate
- Horn Leech
- Wild Bolt
- Jump Kick/Nature Power
Return is a reliable stab move, but Double Edge does immense dmg (the only downside is the recoil and life orb recoil. Also, I have Retaliate as an option, but I'm not sure if its a one time use for the double power or is it for the remainder of the time that i stay in battle. Horn Leech is its secondary stab, and it grabs a nice chunk of hp back. Wild Bolt, depending on my luck could TWOHKO a skarmory, but it def gets an OHKO on Gyarados. Jump Kick hits hard on opposing Hydreigons, and hits hard on everything that is weak to it. Nature Power on the otherhand is Earthquake in wifi rooms, but im still terrified of balloons! Lol. It has max speed because in the sun, combined with chlorophyll, it still outruns Cloyster after one shell smash.

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned but I believe in having one dedicated lead and giving the others their own jobs. Such as making Accelgor your lead and then bringing in Ninetails or Donphan. But I never take advantage of the team view in 5th gen.

I know how powerful Accelgor is but I've never used him as a lead so I don't really know how he'll fair. It seem a pretty solid set, but does rest really work for you? I always thought he as a bit too frail for it.

So far you're biggest weakness seems to be Volcarona or any other specially powerful bug. If you can take them out fast with Ninetails or Gengar you're in the clear but otherwise they seem to harm you.

I know none of this was actually telling you what to use but it looks pretty solid other than what I pointed out.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
yeah, volcarona COULD hurt, but he has pokemon that resist its moves, so he is pretty good there.

JASP01

Illust. Grand Master
Retaliate for Sawsbuck and Focus "Miss" for Gengar for sure. Retaliate has decent base power, and you won't be usually using normal-type moves anyways. Focus "Miss" because it provides good coverage, and Gengar is too frail for Giga Drain.

JinMo92

you need a wall pokemon. They are mostly straight up sweepers and weak defense and a Conkledurr will pretty much destroy your pokemon team.

Last edited:

Purpleturtle

Shiny hunter
Uh, Accelgor doesn't exactly 'fit' this team, imo. Having Rain Dance is counter-poductive to your team as a whole. Replace Rain Dance and Rest with Recover and Bug Buzz or Substitute.

algae5

I am with you on the dark pulse drought ninetales being awesome, but unfortunately it is illegal. (drought is 5th gen only and dark pulse is only learnable via 4th gen TM).
Otherwise I just support the earlier comments about the accelgor setting up rain dance. Instead I would use either spikes/recover/final gambit/acid spray or spikes/bug buzz/focus blast/acid spray. Acid spray is an awesome move for a lead because it halves the enemies sp def, and then if you send out ninetales, hydreigon or gengar they have to switch out or get creamed, giving you a free set up or switch in atk.
Now, in light of the ninetales move set change and accelgor's acid spray, I would change ninetales into a nsty plotter with either leftovers or life orb running: nsty plot/solarbeam/fire blast/ either psyshock to kill walls or HP [ground]. This set will switch in after accelgor acid sprays, nsty plots while they switch expecting a choicetales, and then you proceed to pseudo-sweep.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
I am with you on the dark pulse drought ninetales being awesome, but unfortunately it is illegal. (drought is 5th gen only and dark pulse is only learnable via 4th gen TM).
Otherwise I just support the earlier comments about the accelgor setting up rain dance. Instead I would use either spikes/recover/final gambit/acid spray or spikes/bug buzz/focus blast/acid spray. Acid spray is an awesome move for a lead because it halves the enemies sp def, and then if you send out ninetales, hydreigon or gengar they have to switch out or get creamed, giving you a free set up or switch in atk.
Now, in light of the ninetales move set change and accelgor's acid spray, I would change ninetales into a nsty plotter with either leftovers or life orb running: nsty plot/solarbeam/fire blast/ either psyshock to kill walls or HP [ground]. This set will switch in after accelgor acid sprays, nsty plots while they switch expecting a choicetales, and then you proceed to pseudo-sweep.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldattacks.shtml
Drought vulpix comes with dark pulse; so it is legal :)
and im afraid of Terrakion coming in on the switch, and using rockpolish as i switch out....

Victorii

You truly don't abuse the sun boost at all. Only ninetails (who's frail) and sawsbuck are having fun from the sun. Oh, a fire boosted attack from hydreigon. Anyway, its not the way to go with sun. I just created a sun team myself and I have 5 pokemon who actually use the sun (while not completely depending on it). You will get crushed by opposing sun teams if ur "sun abusers" are dead meat.

Even though you have a spinner, you still shouldnt make ninetails this frail! Make it more of an annoyer. I use mine for toxic, will o wisp, flamethrower and substitue with sp. def and speed evs. Good luck! Dont have time to write more now sorry.

Shining Fire

A little rusty
I'd put Lickilicky SOMEWHERE on your team, because I have seen some really smart SandStorm teams that are awesome. They have Tyranitar and Hippowdon. Lickilicky would render their weather useless until you could switch back out to Ninetales.

Last edited:

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
I'd put Lickilicky SOMEWHERE on your team, because I have seen some really smart SandStorm teams that are awesome. They have Tyranitar and Hippowdon. Lickilicky would render their weather useless until you could switch back out to Ninetales.

i dont like lickilicky's design :(

thank you for the suggestion far; any other ideas to improve my team?