• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sunset Colosseum (Haters Welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazor100

I just like that colosseum beacause of the backgroun,but your right it actually sucks!!!!

BadIntent

MSankey
Whenever I have to restart my file (due to a new Wii, lost SD cart, etc.), I use this Colosseum as an example to show to my friends how horribly Genious Sonority screwed single player mode. Why would they purposefully torture customers like this??

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I can imagine it would be more fun when you get to higher ranks, but who would really have the patience to do so? It really is a rediculous concept, and I think it and many others were only put in play to stop players from ravaging through the whole thing with powerful custom pass pokemon.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I didn't find the colloseum too hard. Anything with Dragon Rage was broken in that colloseum. And Bronzor was a really big help against Dusty with his Rock Tomb resolving the speed ties. This Colloseum is like the Battle Factory, but expanded. I do wish it was a bit better, though.

Hato

Candy?!
I didn't find the colloseum too hard. Anything with Dragon Rage was broken in that colloseum. And Bronzor was a really big help against Dusty with his Rock Tomb resolving the speed ties. This Colloseum is like the Battle Factory, but expanded. I do wish it was a bit better, though.

Indeed. Though I must admit, I actually find this Colloseum to be a good test of your skills with any variety of PokeMon and moves given to you.

I have to wonder...how many people got frustrated over the fact that THIS was the Colloseum you needed to beat to get the Lucario Outfit? Lol

Lukef555

† Budding RNGer†
I hated that one too, it took me the longest. They key is to keep only 1 or 2 good pokemon on your pass.

SteveShmo

My grandma's a troll
As previously stated, this stadium wasn't too hard, but it was slightly annoying at some points. I guess they put it in there so they could mix things up a bit.

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
and i also think it could have been single battle when you go through it on the first time. although this could just be my preference? but regardless i hate this collesium with every fiber of my being

BeatsTehShiz

I <3 Silver
I as well hate this stadium. The fact that it's done in double battles AND with crappy Pokemon bugs me. If the Pokemon had some decent moves, I wouldn't hate it so much.

The limited Pokemon choice is probably to test a players' ability, to see if they can actually win with any Pokemon. After all, most people just use ubers and what not to blast through the stadiums.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
If they were more like pokemon stadium pokemon it wouldn't bug me as much but it's a double battle with very little to no strategy and mostly luck on what pokemon you get and what your opponent uses.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
lol, it does suck first time around, but lv. 50, rank 5, it gets fun, since powerful and actually strategic pokemon sets appear(not like victreebel with swords dance and no physical attack). i personally hate neon more than sunset, though. it sucks to get swept by your own pokemon.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
lol, it does suck first time around, but lv. 50, rank 5, it gets fun, since powerful and actually strategic pokemon sets appear(not like victreebel with swords dance and no physical attack). i personally hate neon more than sunset, though. it sucks to get swept by your own pokemon.

xVeteranChampx

The God of War
Well, Sunset Colosseum certainly isn't my favorite but personally I hate Neon Colosseum and Courtyard Colosseum moreso. Here's why- In Neon your opponent can actually get and use some of your pokemon, which can be worse than Sunset's setup, which is further sucky by the fact that their pokemon usually suck on a massive scale with little to no type coverage. In Courtyard, there's the presence of the ever-annoying Fog condition which is a pain in the accuracy, forcing you to either use a weather change of your own each and every battle through RD, SD, SS, H, or Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, the likes of which I am sick of seeing in PBR on Wifi because online is littered with people lacking any sort of skill or creativity and all I see are the exact same teams and 3 strategies over...and over...and over...That's my PBR spiel :)

bookist

This one I dislike since you pretty much need to rely a bit on luck since one critical can ruin you (it did for me). Also, it is a good concept, but the pokemon they give have no concrete strategy and appear to just be there for torture.

Bugfan-Eric

Beginning BugTrainer
The sunset colosseum is fun when you want to test you skills but, what I hate about that place is that if the pokemon too chose from will have a OHKO move the AI will choose it and get lucky knocking out your hole team or even use moves that would hit all the time but if I used it I would miss... and then lose. That's just the only thing that bugs me about that place other then that its ok.

Last edited:

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Well, the place took me many long days to get through, but I don't hate it.

It did, however, teach me to never listen to guide books. That Riolu get's KOed WAY too fast to be any help. I repeatedly wonder if the book writers ever actually played the game (Seriously, they go the effect of Sturdy wrong? 0_o)

Anyway, I find it interesting. It flings you from the familiarity of your custom brought-up pokemon, and makes you use the same pokemon as your opponent. Really, it just requires you to use your brain. And the double-battle format makes it easy to double team a dangerous opponent. Reminds me of how happy I was when I finally won with an avalance-using Bastiodon...

I hate that place. It's so hard because all of the Pokemon pretty much suck. Took me a looong time to beat.

Tinelli

Mmmhmmmm
I like how you can use legendaries later on in the ranks. But then luck hax takes over and then it's just plain annoying.
Like this one time I used some accuracy reducing move three times on an Articuno and it still hit with Sheer Cold. e_e

I just don't get why when you go up in the ranks you get two Roserade and the Elekid evolution line.

Status
Not open for further replies.