• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sunshine and Steel-Killers: OU Sun Team

silverangel

Metal Fairy
You know what? I was about to rate this team, but as you keep flaming every other rater, I'm going to avoid that. Really, as everyone keeps saying, Swords Dance Scizor and Heatran rape this team. Also, you may win, but on Showdown, you go up against opponents with a similar rating. I other words, if you lose a lot, you will go up against the same idiots who can't play pokemon again and again. Keep that in mind.......

@Blue Harvest- 75% win ratio? Gosh, that's harsh. You must make the top 100 quite often if that is your standards. I keep hanging around the 1550 range with about a 50-60% win ratio if I'm lucky(most of it through trolling alone, seriously, did you see my troll team?). Do you mind if you rate my sun team or any of my other teams? I hardly get any rates....

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?593270-Trainer-used-Troll!-The-opponent-rage-quit!

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh ... Kay? Not flaming at all. And, in my previous post, I agreed to everything Blue Harvest said at the bottom of it. I rated your team ... Though you posted on my RMT and didn't rate, just kind of mini-moded pretty much. So that wasn't fun.

Anyways, Blue Harvest your team (for me) is amazing! LOL - I should've listened to you from the start! Thank you soooooooooooo much!!! And, I have a war in my guild right now, and as a co-leader this team will be amazing! XD XD Thank you!

You know what? I was about to rate this team, but as you keep flaming every other rater, I'm going to avoid that. Really, as everyone keeps saying, Swords Dance Scizor and Heatran rape this team. Also, you may win, but on Showdown, you go up against opponents with a similar rating. I other words, if you lose a lot, you will go up against the same idiots who can't play pokemon again and again. Keep that in mind.......

@Blue Harvest- 75% win ratio? Gosh, that's harsh. You must make the top 100 quite often if that is your standards. I keep hanging around the 1550 range with about a 50-60% win ratio if I'm lucky(most of it through trolling alone, seriously, did you see my troll team?). Do you mind if you rate my sun team or any of my other teams? I hardly get any rates....

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?593270-Trainer-used-Troll!-The-opponent-rage-quit!

He never flamed anyone, and please don't advertise your team on other peoples threads. I'll rate your team eventually!

Glad the changes worked out for you CoC!

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Okay then, here's my rate.

Focus Sash Ninetales isn't a very good option, as Heatran leads are very common (I see them quite often, actually, mainly to scare off Ferrothorn. I even used a Heatran lead in my stall team.) and Ninetales can't do anything to them. I used a SubDisable set purely for troll reasons. However, this set seems good enough.

I actually got nothing for Scizor. Swords Dance Scizor has also worked fine for me. However, I used Life Orb over Leftovers for the extra power. As if Scizor is going to survive a fire type hit...

Leech Seed and Sleep Powder on the same set? I'd go for Growth/Sleep Powder/Earthquake/Giga Drain to allow Venusaur to set up and sweep. At this point, no one can stop it, save for Choice Scarf Latios, Mamoswine, and Weavile.

To take some weight off of Ninetales's chest, why not use Sunny Day over Substitute on Rotom Wash? You can annoy Politoed and Tyrannitar like this. Also, use Volt Switch over Discharge.

Sorry, but Jirachi is almost better in every way compared to Metagross. Better speed, movepool, and arguably ability helps it a lot. Doom Desire, while unreliable, can dissuade a Tyrannitar from switching in on Ninetales. It's wish-passing ability also helps a lot in a team that doesn't have much healing. It can even provide Stealth Rock for you. I would use a set with Stealth Rock/Iron Head/Elemental Punch/Healing Wish. Healing Wish is a great asset to the team. Can you imagine the opponent's face when they think they won the weather war and you having a 1HP, paralyzed Ninetales in the bench, only to see Jirachi using Healing Wish to completely restore Ninetales, HP, status, and all, and Ninetales doesn't even have to take entry hazard damage until it is fully healed!

You need Shell Smash Cloyster, period. Also, no Toxic Spikes, especially when your team utilizes the art of setting-up-and-bashing-opponents-till-they-faint. The residual damage won't do much for them. As you already have two set-up sweepers, why not a revenge killer. A Choice Scarf Starmie with Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Psyshock/Rapid Spin could help out the team a lot.

Your main threats are Heatran and Swords Dance Scizor. I think a Zoroark can counter both, but not when Scizor is at +2. However, Zoroark's Focus Blast and Flamethrower can take both of them. Even better is that you can masquerade Zoroark as another one of your pokemon. Take Venusaur for example. The guy is taken down by Choice Scarf Latios. Send in Venusaur, the opponent switches in Latios, and bang, Latios is Sucker Punched to the afterlife. You could also disguise Zoroark as Ninetales when the sun is up. When Tyrannitar switches in, boom, Focus Blast to the face. I know you might not like Zoroark, but it might work out for you. It's hard to use, but it can play mind games on your opponents.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Thanks very much. I don't prepare for SD Scizor because of Ninetails. Though, if she dies, I have to be prepared for a swepp. Venusaur used to have HPFire, but that was replaced by EQ. I like your Zoroark idea, but Scizor will probably have U-Turn or BugBite. Then of cousre, Sunny Day Rotom could work. I am thinking that Discharge is better because of his SubSplit thing. Though, I don't have him on the original team. Not the new one.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Do you mind changing up your original post so that it is updated? I based my rating off of the original.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I will tomorrow. GTG now. If you want to rate right now, you can use Blue Harvest's. That is my team excactly. Thanks, I appreciate the rates.

Also, I think I will try Zoroark on the team. He might work.

Edit: One thing, though. Ninetails works better as my original, so don't change that. :D

Last edited: