• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Doubles Battle Subway Team

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Yet another battle subway team that isn't doing very well despite the strategy. The four that I'm using: :604: :530: ;171; :547:

Electross (Hasty)
@ Choice scarf
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk/252 spd/4 HP
-Discharge
-Grass knot
-flamethrower
-U-turn

Believe it or not, this guy outspeeds almost everyting, not including some of the fastest pokemon like crobat and gengar. Discharge hits both opponents but doesn't effect Excadrill and it heals Lanturn due to volt absorb, and it has the nice added effect of 30% chance of paralysis. U-turn for times when it would be better to get out of there and leave it to someone else. The other two moves are just type coverage.

Excadrill (Jolly)
@Ground gem
Ability: Sand rush
EV's: 252 atk/252 spd/4 HP
-Earthquake
-rock slide
-X-scissor
-protect

Excadrill pairs up perfectly with Electross as leads. I can use both discharge and earthquake at the same time. Rock slide for quake edge coverage, X-scissor for coverage, protect because this is doubles. The ground gem is just to increase earthquake's power (that, and lanturn has my life orb)

Lanturn (Modest)
@life orb
Ability: volt absorb
EV's: 252 HP/252 Sp. atk/4 spd
-scald
-thunderbolt
-ice beam
-protect

Works great with electross. Discharge from Electross heals Lanturn, essentially eliminating the life orb recoil. Scald for STAB and because it is better than surf in doubles, thunderbolt for STAB, ice beam for boltbeam, protect because it is good in doubles, especially if Excadrill needs to use earthquake when Lanturn is out.

Whimsicott (Docile, poor nature, but I lost my patience after every one of the 30 eggs I hatched that had the ability I wanted had worse natures, so I had to make do with neutral. Forgive the rant)
@focus sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/128 def/128 sp. def
-giga drain
-encore
-taunt
-protect

This guy is a troll (heck, I even nicknamed it Troll). Taunt completely ruins a lot of the pokemon in the battle subway, especially the ones that only have non attacking moves. I like using protect, and if the opponent used a non attacking move, I'll use taunt, and then encore, locking it into struggle for a turn. This would work better if I had switcheroo and a choice item, but unfortunately, that requires a 4th gen pokemon to breed it on, and I don't have a second DS (I wanted to use switcheroo though). Either way, encore can still screw the opponent over, which is good enough for me. The EV spread makes it suprisingly bulky, but I have a focus sash on it, just in case.

Unfortunately, this team isn't getting very far.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Well, lanturn could try this.
Modest zoom lens
Volt absorb
Aqua ring
Blizzard
Hydro pump
Thunder
Well, an tactic tht eleminates the accurary drop.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Well, lanturn could try this.
Modest zoom lens
Volt absorb
Aqua ring
Blizzard
Hydro pump
Thunder
Well, an tactic tht eleminates the accurary drop.

Interesting idea. I might try it. Protect stays though. What happens when Lanturn outspeeds things due to discharge paralyzing the oponent though? It happens enough for this to be a legit concern

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
hm... not a bad team, but I think there could be some better choices than Whimsicott. You got great coverage, but mainly, electric and ground are resisted by, at least, Water/ground.

Hm... I don't know who to suggest in place of Whimsicott.

(now, just thinking for a moment)

Eel has no weaknesses
Mole is weak to Fighting, Fire, Water, Ground
Lanturn is weak to Grass, Ground

so, I say go with someone with a Grass move, at least. As for strategy wise, can't think of the idea person yet...

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Well, you could go whith a +satk -speed nature to ensure the hit a bit better.
And a grass you definately need so how bout
Amoongus Black sludge
Calm Effect spore
Double team
Toxic
Rage powder
Giga drain
Amoonguss could double team, then rage powder to make the Giga drain point at Amoonguss, Which wont do any or much damage. If it gets hit(and for taunters) Giga drain is back to save the day. Synthesis is an option, but then you might be rain or taunt bait, so stick whith leeching. Toxic is to stall. I personally thinks most people say its uu but then its a hell of an uu. I took it whith to show you its true potential. Doubles.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Well, you could go whith a +satk -speed nature to ensure the hit a bit better.
And a grass you definately need so how bout
Amoongus Black sludge
Calm Effect spore
Double team
Toxic
Rage powder
Giga drain
Amoonguss could double team, then rage powder to make the Giga drain point at Amoonguss, Which wont do any or much damage. If it gets hit(and for taunters) Giga drain is back to save the day. Synthesis is an option, but then you might be rain or taunt bait, so stick whith leeching. Toxic is to stall. I personally thinks most people say its uu but then its a hell of an uu. I took it whith to show you its true potential. Doubles.

Your description of the moveset is a bit confusing. Could you give me an EV spread for the Amoongus?

Yeah, Amoongus is good, my brother uses one on Pokemon Online and it wins a lot.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Maybe 252 def 212 spdef 44 satk?
Look, Double team lessens the risk of getting hit by something. And rage powder guarantees that amonguss will be attacked. the attacks will either miss or be puny due to the mushrooms huge def and spdef. stall whith toxic, get health whith giga drain. hope you got it now.

Whimsicott @Leftovers
Prankster <not sure about ev's....
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Taunt
-Hurricane/HP Rock/Energy Ball

A very annoying Whimsicott. Set up Leech Seed, then the Substitute. Taunt is useful against sweepers and stallers. Last slot is so Whimsicott is locked into a Taunt itself it that should happen.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Whimsicott @Leftovers
Prankster <not sure about ev's....
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Taunt
-Hurricane/HP Rock/Energy Ball

A very annoying Whimsicott. Set up Leech Seed, then the Substitute. Taunt is useful against sweepers and stallers. Last slot is so Whimsicott is locked into a Taunt itself it that should happen.

To be perfectly honest, I've never used substitute before, and don't know if it's any good in doubles. Protect stays no matter what though. Nice moveset, I might try it. That'll require me to breed a new one since I'm not ditching encore on the one I already have trained.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm just about ready to give up on the battle subway altogether because I've tried about six different teams and I keep losing. :(

Protect would be better for doubles than Substitute. I knew I forgot something, it was ENCORE D: Maybe replace Taunt with Encore, you don't want to have Whimsicott be taunted by ANOTHER Whimsicott and have no damaging moves

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I kind of feel like taunt would be better than encore because taunt wrecks a lot of subway pokemon. Eh, I'm open to any suggestions you guys can give me. I can just breed a new one and give it a different moveset and see what happens. That is, assuming I don't completely give up first D: Someone please smack me and get me out of this slump (not really).

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
I really play whith your lanturn....
Lanturn lefties (life orb to excadrill)
Evs spdf 252 satk 50 rest >hp nature modest
Aqua ring
Protct/icy wind
Charge beam
Scald
Aqua ring + lefties + volt absorb= very defensive guy. Protect to cancel excas earthqake and to get health.
Or icy wind (if u have plt, hg or ss) as this is doubles, were wind is better than beam. As lanturn is defensive, it can charge beam to boost its attack to. Scald for stab, and to burn (which is why it has no def evs).

You might get overblown whith lanturn ideas, but its so versatile. I have also an idea for whimi, trick room. Lanturn would be bulky, good to attack whith, AND sweepy! But it aint good for the rest of the team, which is its main drawback.