• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Doubles Team

Kalosian

So long
After trying the Super Singles in the Subway, I need to try Doubles as well. Decided to go with a Rain Team as these seem pretty successful.

186.png

Politoed @ Absorb Bulb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.att / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Protect

Sets up rain, has Surf for a reliable STAB move, Ice Beam for Grass and Dragon-types, HP Grass for opposing Water-types. Protect when it needs to shelter itself from Kingdra's Surfs. Absorb Bulb allows it to get a boost after getting hit by Kingdras Surf, it gives the same boost as Choice Specs but doesn't make it locked to just one move.

230.png

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 62 Att / 252 Sp.att / 196 Spd
Nature: Mild
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Waterfall

Another sweeper, Surf and Dragon Pulse for powerful STAB moves, Ice beam for Grass types or Dragons with a 4x weakness. Waterfall is for Blissey and other special sponges. Swift Swim doubles its speed in rain and the given EVs allows it to outspeed everything in the Subway except for a few opposing Swift Swim users.

135.png

Jolteon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.att / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Signal Beam
- Protect

Can switch in on any Electric move that targets Politoed and absorb the hit. Thunder is a powerful STAB move which gets 100% accuracy in rain, it also gets perfect coverage together with HP Water and Signal Beam. HP Water was chosen over HP Ice since it gets boosted by the rain, giving it a psuedo-STAB. Protect for when teaming up with Politoed or Kingdra and they need to get off a Surf without hurting Jolteon. Expert Belt gives a little more power to its moves when they are Super effective.

212.png

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 86 HP / 252 Att / 174 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower / Brick Break / Swords Dance
- Roost

Physical sweeper, Bullet Punch for STAB+priority, Bug Bite for more STAB and lastly Superpower/Brick Break for coverage, eventually Swords Dance to boost its Attack. Roost in order to recover HP. Life Orb gives an extra boost to its moves, the HP loss can always be recovered with Roost.

Again, any suggestions for how this team can improve are appreciated!

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I'd use a Physical Kingdra.

Kingdra @Leftovers
] Adamant l Swift Swim [
] 252 Atk l 252 Speed l 4 HP [
• Dragon Dance
• Substitute
• Outrage
• Waterfall

It might be overused , but it works. Usually after setting up you'll want to use Waterfall on the first foe , and if necessary alternate to Outrage.

Modest is fine on Jolteon. It has plenty of Speed already.

In the long run you'll want Brick Break > Superpower on Scizor. I'd go with Roost > Protect and Swords Dance > Bug Bite. At + 6 (if you reach it) you'll be able to handle anything that comes your way.

Kalosian

So long
I'd use a Physical Kingdra.

Kingdra @Leftovers
] Adamant l Swift Swim [
] 252 Atk l 252 Speed l 4 HP [
• Dragon Dance
• Substitute
• Outrage
• Waterfall

It might be overused , but it works. Usually after setting up you'll want to use Waterfall on the first foe , and if necessary alternate to Outrage.

Modest is fine on Jolteon. It has plenty of Speed already.

In the long run you'll want Brick Break > Superpower on Scizor. I'd go with Roost > Protect and Swords Dance > Bug Bite. At + 6 (if you reach it) you'll be able to handle anything that comes your way.
I'll go with Physical Kingdra, but does it really need max Speed when it has both Dragon Dance and Swift Swim to increase its Speed?
Modest for Jolteon, fine. I'll go with Brick Break and Roost on Scizor, but I'm not sure about Swords Dance, guess I'll start with Bug Bite and eventually swap it later on if it should be necessary. With these changes, I guess a few changes on Politoed might be necessary as well.
Either way, thanks for the advice!

EptyK

I can reduse the amount of pokemon you can't hit to just ferrothorn put signal beam instead of shadow ball so you get more coverage plus a chance to confuse the opponent even though you lose base power (5) you can hit dark and grass type pokemon and get neutral damage on ferrothorn. the only problem is you lose the ghost type advantage. and instead of life orb use expert belt because he get widdled down by toxic, life orb and if someone is running a different weather jolteon is just getting slapped around.

Last edited:

Pidj

I'll go with Physical Kingdra, but does it really need max Speed when it has both Dragon Dance and Swift Swim to increase its Speed?
Modest for Jolteon, fine. I'll go with Brick Break and Roost on Scizor, but I'm not sure about Swords Dance, guess I'll start with Bug Bite and eventually swap it later on if it should be necessary. With these changes, I guess a few changes on Politoed might be necessary as well.
Either way, thanks for the advice!

You're right about Kingdra - you don't need to run full speed if you're running drizzle/swift swim and DD. I can't remember exactly but I think 96 speed ev's might be the magic number with swift swim and on DD, but you might want to check that. EDIT - I've had a check through some older RMT threads as I knew I'd seen this before. 84 is the magic number. In the rain with 84 speed EV's you outspeed everything but Scarf Terrakion, Scarf Entei and Scarf Manectric (and some other swift swimmers), which makes you faster than Scarf Garchomp, your biggest threat. After 1 DD you'll obviously outspeed the subway

To be honest I think I'd stick to your mixed set for a doubles team. Here's why - it can be very tough to set up in doubles. Even if you use a focus sash, if both of the opponents pokes target kingdra it could be goodbye kingdra before you even get to attack.

Also on the scizor changes - if you have no means of getting another gen 4 scizor I'd test out losing superpower and bug bite in the battle factory.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
On Politoed , Hypnosis can be quite handy if you like. You can go with it > Focus Miss. If you do that , switch to somthing like Wise Glasses or Lum Berry.

If you aren't switching to Swords Dance for sure , Rock Smash can surprisingly work on Scizor in the earlier rounds. It gets boosted by Technician and has a 50% chance of lowering the Defense.

chap196

For Scizor
Scizor really need Sword Dance if you are using Bullet Punch since it will make Scizor has high Attack and it will nearly always Attack first because of Bullet Punch.

Kalosian

So long
I can reduse the amount of pokemon you can't hit to just ferrothorn put signal beam instead of shadow ball so you get more coverage plus a chance to confuse the opponent even though you lose base power (5) you can hit dark and grass type pokemon and get neutral damage on ferrothorn. the only problem is you lose the ghost type advantage. and instead of life orb use expert belt because he get widdled down by toxic, life orb and if someone is running a different weather jolteon is just getting slapped around.
Good point, but now that I take a closer look, Ferrothorn takes neutral damage from Signal Beam, so I'll be able to hit everything with Thunder+HP Water+Signal Beam. I do have Bug Bite on Scizor, but I think I'll still go with Signal Beam over Shadow Ball anyway, and Expert Belt over Life Orb, guess this means Scizor can get the Life Orb instead.

You're right about Kingdra - you don't need to run full speed if you're running drizzle/swift swim and DD. I can't remember exactly but I think 96 speed ev's might be the magic number with swift swim and on DD, but you might want to check that. EDIT - I've had a check through some older RMT threads as I knew I'd seen this before. 84 is the magic number. In the rain with 84 speed EV's you outspeed everything but Scarf Terrakion, Scarf Entei and Scarf Manectric (and some other swift swimmers), which makes you faster than Scarf Garchomp, your biggest threat. After 1 DD you'll obviously outspeed the subway

To be honest I think I'd stick to your mixed set for a doubles team. Here's why - it can be very tough to set up in doubles. Even if you use a focus sash, if both of the opponents pokes target kingdra it could be goodbye kingdra before you even get to attack.

Also on the scizor changes - if you have no means of getting another gen 4 scizor I'd test out losing superpower and bug bite in the battle factory.
I don't have very much experience in Doubles, but I think you are right about that it can be hard to set up, that's why I didn't want to use Swords Dance on Scizor. I'll use my original mixed set on Kingdra, this also means that Politoed can go back to its original set.
As for Scizor, I have an untouched 4th gen Scyther that I had planned to train and use, how do you mean with testing it in the Battle Factory?

On Politoed , Hypnosis can be quite handy if you like. You can go with it > Focus Miss. If you do that , switch to somthing like Wise Glasses or Lum Berry.

If you aren't switching to Swords Dance for sure , Rock Smash can surprisingly work on Scizor in the earlier rounds. It gets boosted by Technician and has a 50% chance of lowering the Defense.
I'd rather not use Hypnosis since it has even worse accuracy than Focus Miss. Rock Smash seems like an interesting idea on Scizor, but I think I'll start with Brick Break and see how it goes.

For Scizor
Scizor really need Sword Dance if you are using Bullet Punch since it will make Scizor has high Attack and it will nearly always Attack first because of Bullet Punch.
As said above, I'll avoid moves like Swords Dance since they can be hard to set up.

Pidj

I don't have very much experience in Doubles, but I think you are right about that it can be hard to set up, that's why I didn't want to use Swords Dance on Scizor. I'll use my original mixed set on Kingdra, this also means that Politoed can go back to its original set.
As for Scizor, I have an untouched 4th gen Scyther that I had planned to train and use, how do you mean with testing it in the Battle Factory?

Sorry I meant battle institute. It's next to the pokemon centre in Nimbasa. You don't have to save to enter it, so you can make changes to your team try it out over 5 battles, see what you think and if you don't like the changes you made you can just reset your game.

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
Well, Technician Scizor rarely cares with high attack, but don't expect Scizor to deal with Things like Ferrothor n or with Above Average Defense. Scizor doesn't need Swords Dance, but since you are using a Drizzle Politoed and A Kingdra (They both together made your team nearly IMPOSSIBLE to be revenge killed), you can pretty much use SD Scizor. If something harms Scizor, you can pretty much switch to Kingdra and Revenge Kill. But you also would need a backup plan if you want to go far. I would suggest a Fire type that can handle Ferrothorn, since none of your team members can really counter it ;)
But I would Say: Electivire>>>>Jolteon. Electivire deals with Ferrothorn and Waters Types, More precisely Jellicent, very well. Both of them can't switch on Electivire. If you wish to use Electivire i would give a Set. :)

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ I agree. Electivire does deal with more things than Jolteon does , but it has lower Speed and has more rounded Attack Stats.

Electivire @Expert Belt
] Jolly l Motor Drive [
] 252 Atk. l 252 Speed l 4 HP [
• Wild Charge / Thunderpunch
• Earthquake
• Cross Chop / Brick Break
• Ice Punch

A really fun thing to use. It hits 13 / 17 Types for SE damage , so Expert Belt is for obvious reasons. It also makes a nice counter to ther Electric Types ; if you think that there may be an Eletric Type move headed Politoed's way , you can switch into Electivire and get the boost. You can use T-Punch if you don't like the recoil , and Brick Break if you don't like Cross Chop's accuracy.

Kalosian

So long
Sorry I meant battle institute. It's next to the pokemon centre in Nimbasa. You don't have to save to enter it, so you can make changes to your team try it out over 5 battles, see what you think and if you don't like the changes you made you can just reset your game.
I see. Haven't tried battling in the Battle Institute yet, might take a look at it to test Scizor. Guess this means I can just start with Superpower and switch it for Brick Break or Swords Dance if Superpower leaves disappointing results.

Well, Technician Scizor rarely cares with high attack, but don't expect Scizor to deal with Things like Ferrothor n or with Above Average Defense. Scizor doesn't need Swords Dance, but since you are using a Drizzle Politoed and A Kingdra (They both together made your team nearly IMPOSSIBLE to be revenge killed), you can pretty much use SD Scizor. If something harms Scizor, you can pretty much switch to Kingdra and Revenge Kill. But you also would need a backup plan if you want to go far. I would suggest a Fire type that can handle Ferrothorn, since none of your team members can really counter it ;)
But I would Say: Electivire>>>>Jolteon. Electivire deals with Ferrothorn and Waters Types, More precisely Jellicent, very well. Both of them can't switch on Electivire. If you wish to use Electivire i would give a Set. :)
Good point, I guess that means Swords Dance isn't completely useless after all. But I don't think a Fire type is a good idea on a rain team. As for Electivire... see below.

^ I agree. Electivire does deal with more things than Jolteon does , but it has lower Speed and has more rounded Attack Stats.

Electivire @Expert Belt
] Jolly l Motor Drive [
] 252 Atk. l 252 Speed l 4 HP [
• Wild Charge / Thunderpunch
• Earthquake
• Cross Chop / Brick Break
• Ice Punch

A really fun thing to use. It hits 13 / 17 Types for SE damage , so Expert Belt is for obvious reasons. It also makes a nice counter to ther Electric Types ; if you think that there may be an Eletric Type move headed Politoed's way , you can switch into Electivire and get the boost. You can use T-Punch if you don't like the recoil , and Brick Break if you don't like Cross Chop's accuracy.
Doesn't look bad, but I'll go with Jolteon first, if it doesn't work that well, I can give Electivire a try. The major reason I want to try Jolteon first is that Electivire doesn't get any real help from the Rain, while Jolteon does. Either way, might give it a try.

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
^
Well, it wasn't that of what i was thinking. Another physical sweeper wouldn't do anything special, it also would be outclassed by Kingdra :p
I was thinking of That 'Vire.
Electivire@Life orb
Hasty Nature
252S Speed/252 Sp Atk
~Thunder
~Flamethrower
~Earthquake/Cross chop/Brick break
~Ice punch/Stone Edge/Rock Slide
'Vire doesn't have many options. But all of his options can work amazingly well.
He can be Mixed, allowing you to Sweep on anything it might come. Physically based, hitting 13 for SE Damage, it should have the great set that Logan posted. Or be all Special, hitting those bit**s that focuses on Physical defense
But now we need to see: What set fits well for this team?
Physical Electivire
My Opinion: You already have 2 Physical Sweepers, so why bother with another one? Well, that depends. Physical 'Vire hits most things for SE Damage. But he aren't doing any other thing on this team. Not to mention that Kingdra will do the Job better.
Special Electivire
My opinion: You only have Politoed as Special Sweeper. And he aren't the best Sweper, that's a true. He's only duty is to summon Drizzle, and so support Kingdra? But why don't help Electivire. Thunder is amazing all alone, now count a STAB, plus perfect accuracy on Rain?! Yay! It's amazing! And with Electivire Acceptable Special Attack...Yeah! But he does have problem with Special walls.
Mixed Electivire
My opinion: It simply does the job better IMO. Amazing STAB, that with rain have Perfect Accuracy. Hitting in both sides of the spectrum. Doesn't get really walled. Man...he simply is The Guy for your team.

That's it! Hope this helped ^^

Kalosian

So long
^
Well, it wasn't that of what i was thinking. Another physical sweeper wouldn't do anything special, it also would be outclassed by Kingdra :p
I was thinking of That 'Vire.
Electivire@Life orb
Hasty Nature
252S Speed/252 Sp Atk
~Thunder
~Flamethrower
~Earthquake/Cross chop/Brick break
~Ice punch/Stone Edge/Rock Slide
'Vire doesn't have many options. But all of his options can work amazingly well.
He can be Mixed, allowing you to Sweep on anything it might come. Physically based, hitting 13 for SE Damage, it should have the great set that Logan posted. Or be all Special, hitting those bit**s that focuses on Physical defense
But now we need to see: What set fits well for this team?
Physical Electivire
My Opinion: You already have 2 Physical Sweepers, so why bother with another one? Well, that depends. Physical 'Vire hits most things for SE Damage. But he aren't doing any other thing on this team. Not to mention that Kingdra will do the Job better.
Special Electivire
My opinion: You only have Politoed as Special Sweeper. And he aren't the best Sweper, that's a true. He's only duty is to summon Drizzle, and so support Kingdra? But why don't help Electivire. Thunder is amazing all alone, now count a STAB, plus perfect accuracy on Rain?! Yay! It's amazing! And with Electivire Acceptable Special Attack...Yeah! But he does have problem with Special walls.
Mixed Electivire
My opinion: It simply does the job better IMO. Amazing STAB, that with rain have Perfect Accuracy. Hitting in both sides of the spectrum. Doesn't get really walled. Man...he simply is The Guy for your team.

That's it! Hope this helped ^^
Okay, I see. But I'm honestly not very convinced about mixed Electivire. Flamethrower on a rain team is just no, and while it can hit hard with Thunder, Jolteon does that much better as it has higher Special Attack. Jolteon is also much faster (unless Electivire gets a Motor Drive boost). I'm not extremely sure about using two mixed sweepers either, I already have Kingdra for mixed and Scizor for pure Physical, so I'd rather let my final team member go all-out Special. I also already bred an Eevee to be used as a Jolteon yesterday. So I'll skip Electivire, thanks for the analysis post though.