• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Draft Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Super Draft Bros.

Welcome to another competitive Smash Bros tournament here on SPPf. Smash Wii U has been out for awhile now and with the holidays even more people have the game than before. This tournament will test your ability to play multiple characters, as well as resourcefulness as characters you don't normally play.

Rules

• This will be a Wii U tournament. Not everyone has both versions of the game so to avoid unplayable matchups don't sign up if you don't have Smash Wii U for this tournament, sorry.
  • This tournament will follow the tournament format rules and stages which can be found here.
  • Characters will function similar to a draft and no character will be played more than once. If someone picks a character in the first round they can only play that character during that round. Furthermore nobody can else can pick that character in that round or any subsequent rounds.
  • Characters in the first round will be chosen as you sign up in a first come, first serve basis. In future rounds as less characters become available, I will randomize an order of who gets to pick first to try to give people a fair chance when selecting their characters.

Sign-Ups

Please use the following format when signing up so that I can more easily add you to the list:

Code:
Serebii Username (NNID) Time Zone

Sign-ups will be open until we reach 16 participants. This won't be increased but you can still sign up as a substitute in case someone disappears or needs to drop out. If you're one of the first 16 to sign up, state which character you will be using for the first round so that I can cross it off the list of available characters.

1. Zachmac (Absolblade) GMT -7
2. Excitable Boy (DoctorWyrm) GMT -5
3. woot21 (btodaa) GMT -5
4. GhostAnime (GhostAnime) GMT -5
5. FullMoon (INFullMoon) GMT -2
6. Shayminslicker (Shadowshaymin) GMT -5
7. EpicSquirtle (EpicSquirtle) GMT -7
8. spyclone138 (Spyclone) GMT -7
9. AuraChannelerChris (Au.C.Chris) GMT -7
10. Savvao (Donutgreat) GMT -8

Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ike
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Olimar
R.O.B.
Sonic
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Greninja
Lucina
Robin
Palutena
Dark Pit
Little Mac
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Duck Hunt
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Mii Gunner
Mii Brawler
Mii Swordfighter

Bracket

pv0js9yf.png

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
woot21
btodaa
EST
Wario

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
GhostAnime
GhostAnime
EST
Mario

FullMoon

FullMoon

INFullMoon

GMT-3 (-2 now because of Daylight Saving Time)

I use Greninja.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Interesting. I've always wanted to play competitive smash in my own home on a stage that's not only FD all the time.

Serebii Username: Shayminslicker
NNID: Shadowshaymin
EST

I'll use Pikachu

spyclone138

I need healing
Serebii Username: spyclone138
(NNID): Spyclone
Time Zone: GMT -7
Since two of my characters are gone I'll go: Princess Peach

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright, everyone who's posted so far has been added. 8/16 people joined so far so we're halfway there.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright, it's been basically a week since anyone has posted and we're still at 9 participants. If we don't get to 16 soon I'll probably just start as we are now and we'll have a double elimination bracket rather than single.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright, I guess we'll just get started with 10 people. Since we didn't get many people this will be a double elimination tournament, so you aren't out of the tournament unless you lose twice. As such when selecting characters in future round, people in the winners bracket will get priority over those in the losers bracket. In addition, four people will have to play an extra round at the start so to try and even things out a bit you can play the same character in your second game. This only applies to GhostAnime, Epic Squirtle, AuraChannelerChris and Zachmac.

pv0js9yf.png

Good luck!

The bracket has been slightly edited to account for a temporary absence, GhostAnime, you'll be playing an extra round instead of Excitable Boy. This of course means you'll be able to use your character in your second matchup.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Interesting.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Defeated epicsquirtle 2-0

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright, nice that those games are out of the way now. Remember that the 4 of you that have played already can still use the same character in your next games, but after that we'll be selecting new characters for future rounds. As such try not to play games too far ahead into the bracket so that the players in the losers bracket do have some chance to choose a character. Obviously people in the winner's bracket get priority to pick over those that have lost, though.

woot21

super noob
AuraChannlerChris won 2-0 against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.