• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Maker

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In anticipation of Super Mario Maker's release in a week, I figured that we could use a place to talk about it, share level ideas, and discuss cool and interesting levels that we find online.

I'm curious what other people are thinking about making. The first thing I want to do is create an entire Mario game. I'll try to make it as realistic as possible while also adding my own flair that could only be done in Mario Maker. Hopefully I'll get enough stars so I can upload them all. What do you guys want to make?

EpicSquirtle

No looking back
I want to make a ton of cool boss fights that you'd never see in other Mario games :). Not necessarily hard, but lots of fun! I'm also planning on making themed levels using amiibo costumes. I might also make the Super Mario Bros 1-1 stage in Super Mario World, with my own little twist :)

Torpoleon

I'd like to do some sort of tribute to Iwata, which will probably be easier to create when I unlock all the tools. Maybe something based off of Balloon Fight could be possible. In any case, I'm excited for the release of this game this coming Friday!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Definitely hyped for this game, if I could find my Gamepad charger, I'll be having a blast with making levels.

So am I! I'm feeling like a kid right now. Like I did when I first started playing Mario. Just watching some of the vids that are out there of people making levels (IGN, etc.) are making me that much more excited about it. Cannot wait to start building.

From what I saw it looks like we'll be playing via Game Pad. But I'm wondering if I can play levels via Game Pad, since right now my tv's controller is dead (not my AT&T one, but the one that came with the tv) and I'm not able to change to the channel I need to in order to use the Wii U via my tv for now :(. Still can play games on my Game Pad thankfully though.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The game looks really great and fun, but unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it, thanks to not having enough money for a Wii U... *sigh*

But I think a lot more improvements could be done with it. Like incorporating art styles that are not necessarily Mario-like (I think they stated it back when the game was first announced), or being able to change the scenery or upload your own custom music. Hopefully Nintendo updates the game often with new tools to use every so often.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
You should see the people on Serenes for bashing the game for not having slopes

I can't wait for this game to come out! There are so many levels I want to make. Like a Pokemon one. And if I ever get a FE amiibo, a FE one.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The game looks really great and fun, but unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it, thanks to not having enough money for a Wii U... *sigh*

But I think a lot more improvements could be done with it. Like incorporating art styles that are not necessarily Mario-like (I think they stated it back when the game was first announced), or being able to change the scenery or upload your own custom music. Hopefully Nintendo updates the game often with new tools to use every so often.

I feel like that would kind of ruin the point of the game. It's Super Mario Maker, so it really should be Mario-like. Otherwise it's just some generic platformer creator.

You should see the people on Serenes for bashing the game for not having slopes

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people complaining about what this game doesn't have. Either they don't realize how much stuff actually is in this game, or they don't want to admit that the Wii U has a good game, and are looking for any reason to justify the game as a failure.

Anyways, I am beyond psyched for this game. In all honesty, I'm more excited for it than I was for Smash Bros. or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I recently had a random stroke of genius and have decided that the first level I'll make will be called "A Mario to the Past" and involve using Warp Pipes to travel between the Ground Stage "Light World" and the Cave Stage "Dark World," solving puzzles as you go, and having to travel back and forth to find the right path.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I feel like that would kind of ruin the point of the game. It's Super Mario Maker, so it really should be Mario-like. Otherwise it's just some generic platformer creator.

The art style can change a bit, but all the other Mario things can remain. It will still feel Mario. That's what I meant.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The art style can change a bit, but all the other Mario things can remain. It will still feel Mario. That's what I meant.

But the art style (and the music, which you mentioned as well) is part of what makes it Mario. I don't know, it just seems a little out there to me.

woot21

super noob
So, do they have anything to replicate Megaman's disappearing blocks? I really can't think of anything that would work other than donut lifts, but not the best choice.

woot21 out dawgs

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, do they have anything to replicate Megaman's disappearing blocks? I really can't think of anything that would work other than donut lifts, but not the best choice.

woot21 out dawgs

I don't know anything about Megaman, but if your talking about blocks that disappear when you step on them, doughnut blocks are about the only choice. There is also blue moving platforms (which you get by shaking normal moving platforms). Like doughnut blocks, they fall out underneath you as well.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
In anticipation of Super Mario Maker's release in a week, I figured that we could use a place to talk about it, share level ideas, and discuss cool and interesting levels that we find online.

I'm curious what other people are thinking about making. The first thing I want to do is create an entire Mario game. I'll try to make it as realistic as possible while also adding my own flair that could only be done in Mario Maker. Hopefully I'll get enough stars so I can upload them all. What do you guys want to make?
Dat release date tho.

Super Dystopian Mario World is what I will make.

I can already imagine the many unfair Mario levels people with sick twisted minds will only think of.

-A level with nothing but spikes
-A level with nothing but invisible spikes
-A level with Bob-ombs and invisible Bob-ombs, Bullet Bills and invisible Bullet bills etc... you people get the drift.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Dat release date tho.

I can already imagine the many unfair Mario levels people with sick twisted minds will only think of.

-A level with Bob-ombs and invisible Bob-ombs, Bullet Bills and invisible Bullet bills etc... you people get the drift.

I think that in order for you to be able to upload it, it has to have been beaten by somebody, probably you or someone playing your console since, from what I've heard, impossible levels can't be uploaded.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
CROSSOVERS GALORE!

lol But really, there is so much I want to do with this game. I do hope we can create whole worlds, because if so I'm going all out. I'm doing a Metroid-like world, a LoZ-like world, a Pokémon-like world, and I'll even try for Mega Man. Plus, I do hope Peach is in this game, because I'll create a whole world just for her.

Wow, I finally have a reason to buy a Wii U.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Dat release date tho.

Thankfully, the only things you can make invisible are question blocks.

Or so I've heard.

woot21

super noob
I don't know anything about Megaman, but if your talking about blocks that disappear when you step on them, doughnut blocks are about the only choice. There is also blue moving platforms (which you get by shaking normal moving platforms). Like doughnut blocks, they fall out underneath you as well.
No they are blocks that disappear and reappear in a set pattern.

woot21 out dawgs

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
No they are blocks that disappear and reappear in a set pattern.

woot21 out dawgs

Yeah, there's not really anything that fits that description, sorry. You could attach platforms to a track, and have them move in and out of sight in a pattern, but I know that's not the best solution.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I think that in order for you to be able to upload it, it has to have been beaten by somebody, probably you or someone playing your console since, from what I've heard, impossible levels can't be uploaded.

Oh, well that's good news I suppose, the more you know.