• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Maker

Ascended Dialga

Last major update launches on the 22nd. Frankly, this update is incredible. SMB2 is getting representation, you can make your own world map, and you can include the Koopalings and many power-ups not previously in Super Mario Maker.

Going on a tangent here... with the dungeon editor mode in the Link's Awakening remake and Nintendo willing to go as far as putting a world map editor in SMM2, I feel like Legend of Zelda Maker is a possibility in the future. I sure hope it happens.

R_N

It is so incredibly obvious this is them pulling all their plans for continued updates for this game and just shoving everything out at once. There has never been an update in either game as big as this one and I am 1000% convinced the Phanto key and SMB2 mushroom are repurposed remnants of a SMB2 theme that they're pulling the plug on due to covid19 and probably general reception of the game

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is amazing. This update is one the greatest free updates to a game I've ever seen. It adds almost everything I could imagine them adding, leaving really only new game styles and level themes out. It adds so much, that it even has me wondering if they decided not to do a Mario Maker 3.

And for people like me, who like to make an entire Mario game in Mario Maker, the world builder is one of the single greatest features they could add. I stoked for it. Though, I do got to admit, I'm a little worried about it's limitations. My game was mostly composed of eight worlds of five levels each, which fits in the parameters, but my final world had eight levels, and then I had two bonus worlds. And since the maps seem to be automatically named Super [maker name] World, that seems to imply each person can only make one, meaning I can't even put my extra levels into a second level. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem promising. Still, it's amazing to have.

Anyways, there's so much stuff here, it gives me so many level ideas to add to my game as an "additional DLC level pack." I'm not sure how I'm going to make the time for this. Looks like I might have to play less Animal Crossing...

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I almost want this game because of the Koopalings, myself.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It is so incredibly obvious this is them pulling all their plans for continued updates for this game and just shoving everything out at once. There has never been an update in either game as big as this one and I am 1000% convinced the Phanto key and SMB2 mushroom are repurposed remnants of a SMB2 theme that they're pulling the plug on due to covid19 and probably general reception of the game
Why do you think that? MM2 still seems like a pretty popular game, apart from fans being disappointed about lack of amiibo compatibility. That said, it could very well be them pushing things out, given covid, like you said. Don't really view it as a negative thing to be honest. Better to be safe than sorry.

R_N

Why do you think that? MM2 still seems like a pretty popular game, apart from fans being disappointed about lack of amiibo compatibility. That said, it could very well be them pushing things out, given covid, like you said. Don't really view it as a negative thing to be honest. Better to be safe than sorry.
While it didn't do badly by any means and people obviously still play it, there was (in many of the communities I saw) disappointment in how support was handeled and what oculd have been. While Super Mario Maker 1 only had about 4 "big" updates they supplemented this with frequent event courses and costumes and spread them out further. IT always felt like something was happening to keep general interest high.
SMM2 kind of didnt have that. It went with a "we will only update this with big stuff" approach and although there was only about 3 months between this update & the last one, the silence of it all was noticable and people were wondering if the game's support was just silently cancelled. And no one really cared about Ninji Speedruns the same way Event Courses had general buzz.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
While it didn't do badly by any means and people obviously still play it, there was (in many of the communities I saw) disappointment in how support was handeled and what oculd have been. While Super Mario Maker 1 only had about 4 "big" updates they supplemented this with frequent event courses and costumes and spread them out further. IT always felt like something was happening to keep general interest high.
SMM2 kind of didnt have that. It went with a "we will only update this with big stuff" approach and although there was only about 3 months between this update & the last one, the silence of it all was noticable and people were wondering if the game's support was just silently cancelled. And no one really cared about Ninji Speedruns the same way Event Courses had general buzz.
Maybe. And the costumes were and are fun to use.

Ah. Good point there. But I'm wondering if covid played into it too, given no new speed runs and what not.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Went live while I was playing Animal Crossing, and I didn't even know it was out until half an hour ago, so I didn't really get a chance to do anything with it. But the little bit of playing around I did with the map builder seems very promising. It's very simple, and a couple of things that I wished worked a little bit different (like being able to end a world with an airship instead of a castle), but for the most part seems like a very versatile tool. The best part is, it looks like you can have more than one map, so I'll be able to put my game into three separate maps in order to accommodate its scope.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, gotten a chance to play around with the map builder now. This is pretty cool. Only real problem is that while you can save up to six worlds, you can only upload one. Not really sure what the point of that is, but oh well. Anyways, had a lot of fun building a relatively creative map for my game. Unfortunately, the space allotted is on the smaller side, so you can't do to much in the way of creativity, but you can do some stuff.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in playing my game, Super Mario Continuum, my maker code is LKX-HBQ-GTG. Unfortunately, the map only features a part of my game, cutting off right before the final boss fight, so you'll have to finish the game and play the bonus levels by going through the levels individually from my profile.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I managed to upload three more courses as a total of 82 courses and created a Super World map from the new 3.0 update. I managed to use some of the content from the 3.0 update such as SMB2 Mushroom, Koopalings, Mechakoopas, Frog Suit, and Power Balloon.

Koopalings' Spike Airship ID: XST-MGP-DWF
The Auto Castle 5 ID: D87-VWG-MJF
Frog Suit Swimming Adventure ID: 063-YSW-J5G

My Super World map is the same one from the Proflie ID: JDD-BYN-9RF

Edit from May 4th: I managed to upload three more courses as a total of 85 courses. I managed to use another content from the 3.0 update such as the new Masks, Super Acorn, and Cursed Key.

Mario: Masters of Disguise ID: WTV-CJ7-PYG
Super Acorn Gliding with Style ID: 5S5-NPW-TTG
Find a way to beat Time! 8 ID: RTM-5KG-4LF

Edit from May 10th: I managed to upload two more courses as a total of 87 courses. The two of them are sequel courses with the content from the 3.0 update.

Dash Block run through P-Blocks 2 ID: TB1-208-W4G
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 8 ID: BJG-F46-M6G

Edit from May 19th: I managed to upload three more courses as a total of 90 courses. I have about 10 empty slots left before finishing up completing 100 of them.

Race against Bowser 3 ID: QG2-M37-JYG
The Skewer Castle 2 ID: 0P3-HHD-BWG
Don't let Thwomp hit P-Switches 3 ID: D9S-N03-8XF

Edit from June 3rd: I managed to upload 3 more courses that makes it a total of 93 courses as of right now. I have about 7 Course Upload Slots left in SMM2 and I'm still planning on finishing up the big ones that I was working on.

James Clark's Adventure Mobile App ID: QGL-P6S-14G
Claw Castle Sky 5 ID: LGR-7QG-BYF
Shoot the POW Blocks 3 ID: R49-1P0-BDG

Edit from June 22nd: I managed to upload 4 more courses that makes it a total of 97 courses as of right now. I have about 3 Course Upload Slots left in SMM2.

Round 1-1 (Bonk's Adventure NES) ID: W84-SJ3-L4G
Stage 1 (Ghouls 'n' Ghosts) ID: YYL-L48-VHG
DarkJake13's Chaos Tower Mobile App ID: 0NY-V6H-6JF
Survival Dash through Thwomps 6 ID: 2RL-S25-KYF

Edit from June 28th: I managed to upload a 98th course in SMM2. It's a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate related theme that has a Classic Mode style that it's a route for Mike Jones from StarTropics if he joins in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC Fighter.

Mike for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate ID: G7Y-PK0-TTF

Edit from July 4th: I managed to upload a 99th course and it's kinda a late 4th of July course and this is a food related theme course based off from Winchell's Donut House. Mario is going to Winchell's Donut House.

Mario at Winchell's Donut House ID: GW9-S4C-NRF

Edit from July 26th: I managed to upload the final 100th course in SMM2. I have no more upload slots in SMM2. It's the same TurboGrafx-16 course that I was working on, but I had to reduce it to 3 stages from the 3 TurboGrafx-16 games. The 1st part is Zone 1 from The Legendary Axe, 2nd part is Stage 1 from Cadash, but I had to shrink it due to too much stuff going on in the entire course, and last part was Stage 6 from Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, but I had to make it as one boss battle which is Shaft instead of 4 because I have no idea how to get it cooperate the other bosses showing up.

TurboGrafx-16 (3 Games) ID: C7S-N4R-LGG

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
Ooh I am LITERALLY in the middle of creating mine. So far I have 4 worlds that I completed each with 4 courses and a castle course.

W1: Mushroom Kingdom
W2: Arid Kingdom
W3: Frigid Kingdom
W4: Under Kingdom
and working on
W5: Higher Kingdom

So far, so good.

But I am definitely going to play yours soon since I am in a bit of a creator's block.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well color me surprised (sorry about the longer bump)... just was getting ready to work on a Mario Maker level in the first Mario Maker game and saw that there was an update.

Hoping to get the level done and uploaded today.

And... now I have to start it again. As my WD My Book Passport Ultra drive has died.

Bumping this up for adding new levels.

Just played this level in Mario Maker 1 last night.

Nature Is Cool (Easy)

ID: 28CA-0000-0423-8E3C

By: Monster

These are all from Mario Maker 2.

Here's some of the good levels :

mario mania: KLV 0MK 1HG

Koopa Hills: FGY L54 BBG

Super Mario Bros Movie Part 1-1: 7PL XS4 VDF

1hi2die 3!!!!: WKY 7HP P1G

Random Japanese level: KGX 8DX T0G

Another random Japanese level: M13 CB5 XHF

NewerSMBW 1-4 Remake Part 1: TD3 7C9 LSF

Mysterious [?] Block: MW4 94Y T0G

Snow Bowling: RC1 B3R VXG

This next one is a bit tough since you have to be precise with jumps, but it is doable - Japanese level: JQG RB3 8MF

Me VS My Bro: 340 P90 X1H

Sky jumps: W5P 4S8 2XG (this level is very hard, I haven't beaten it yet but it is well made)

Cats & Hammers: J8R YYR NGG

W1 Japanese level: FN8 BCG TDF

A creative Japanese level: BW8 QX8 4XG

into the mines: Y65 0GR DVF

Jungle Trek!: X2R 4P6 RLF

ZELDA RPG -A New Journy- (Japanese level): FBP MPR VMF

Master Sword Forest Wood!: 5XV 832 6HF

parkour en el cielo ll: BM4 JC5 6QF (rather tough level, need to have good timing but level is well made)

Sawblade Platforms: 889 7DL SJG (very tough level, still haven't beaten it yet, but it's a well made level)

Adventure of Link: Prolog: 3JX 2Q2 6MF

Pokey Desert: WL5 CCN HFG

Some other levels.

New level that I just put up on Mario Maker:

Spaghetti and Trouble

ID: 710A-0000-0425-6193

RIP Mario Maker servers. Can't access any bookmarked levels and can't upload. They (Nintendo) shut down via Japan time. While other parts of the world were still on the 30th of March. Couldn't upload a level that I was really proud of. Not even sure if I'll try to recreate it. I'm that disappointed and drained.

Last edited: