• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Maker

Nyter

Island Challenger
I play Mario games with my family so Super Mario Make 2, on my switch, will definitively make it infinite for us to play on our down time. We beat Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe together already. We are currently playing Super Luigi Bros. U to finish the hard copy completely.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Is there a stylus for the Switch because I don't want to smear fingerprints all across my screen playing Super Mario Maker 2 and there was not one in the Special Edition of the game in North America.

R_N

Is there a stylus for the Switch because I don't want to smear fingerprints all across my screen playing Super Mario Maker 2 and there was not one in the Special Edition of the game in North America.
FWIW the stylus that the other countries get kind of sucks

Any capactitative stylus will work but I got this Digiroot stylus https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JY98QL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't gotten deep into level creating but it's high rated, responsive and pretty cheap for what your'e getting. I'd definitely recommend it

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So how's everyone enjoying Mario Maker 2? I hope to purchase it soon. I had loads of fun with the first game. It's fun playing on other players stages. Making these Mario Maker games was a brilliant idea on Nintendo's part.

R_N

The story mode is really fun, I just saw the credits earlier. The levels are a big step up from the first game and give a good set of ideas for how things can be used.

The levels I've seen in Endless have also been pretty nice.

I've only messed around with the course creation a little bit, but I gotta say: definitely try to make levels on the touch scren if possible. It's just really awkward with a controller, way more than I thought it would be.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I have currently made 6 Levels in Mario Maker 2 enjoy them, please :)
D-w03OsU8AEZT5t.jpg

D-w03OuU8AIUVQ_.jpg

D-w03OuU8AEDXCs.jpg

D-w03OlUIAAlNO7.jpg

D-xD2NQUwAErGff.jpg

D-0wDmoU4AUcvBk.jpg
I am not as sadistic as other course makers although at least two of them are challenging

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just got to rent Super Mario Maker 2. Love it so far.

Found some nice levels last night and today.

Africa by Toto by mixwell

Course ID: 3XL - CK5 - T8G

bonzai bill road . by ConMan2013

Course ID: H2B - WH3 - KFG

Super Castlevania Bros by Nocturnowl

Course ID: 5WW - 0MF - TMF

Take on Me by Gidgewish (haven't beaten this one yet, but it's good)

Course ID: 17X - 76N -QWG

1-3 Snake block castle by PhilMaker

Course ID: DDB - D7Q - 4KF

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I've made my first course in Super Mario Maker 2. It's called Super Mario Bros. Invasion by Mew^2.

Its Course ID: N0B-8FH-8FG.

One thing to note is that when the message to take the pipe comes up during the first pipe, take it. Battling the Boom Boom brigade won't be easy with both the Dry Bones and the Boos to contend with as well, but they're beatable if you need to. But don't get too bogged down trying to beat the Boom Booms that you lose your power-up. You'll want at least one for the final stretch. Oh, and going the long way is sadistically difficult given the dearth of useful power-ups in the level, especially if you stay on the surface.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just finished my first course...

To Shell or Not to Shell

Maker ID: SG2 - TYF - RVF

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I just finished and uploaded four other courses. They are:

Underground Infiltration
Course ID: 92D-WPB-MPF

Mario takes to the sky.
Course ID: FNL-GH4-MSG

Airship Raid!!!
Course ID: Y23-W24-K6G

USS Enterprise NCC 1701
Course ID: W5F-P9T-W8G

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Arby's made a level.

https://www.thegamer.com/arbys-super-mario-maker-2-level/

Wendy's made a world full of them.

Sources: the gamer and youtube

How to make backwards levels in Mario Maker 2: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/07/12/how-to-make-backwards-level-in-super-mario-maker-2

Source: gameinformer

Played through some of those before... it's fun :p.

Just got done trying this level in Mario Maker 1 that's pretty tough. It may be considered a Normal level, but it takes precise jumps, speed and timing to get far in it. Still haven't beaten it yet. :p Got farther than I thought I would though.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/7F47-0000-03A7-6F10

The maker is called Ade.

Really like how he designed it too.

Last edited:

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
My courses thus far:

Goomba stompin’:- 23N-8NS-3DG

Deep sea diving: GPQ-0H1-MGF

Gotta go fast!!: J8P-RP4-DLG

Fun with gravity: N67-K7M-Q9G

Cacophony: XQC-24P-NCG

Dry bones castle: GF4-KRY-SGG

Wrecking crew: RWY-3RH-9DG

Pipes o’ plenty: M7X-HTB-7JG

The ground is lava: PQY-VVL-CMG

Beep beep beep: RF4-0Q5-L7G

Boom boom brigade: VSR-RXT-FVF

Bouncy bouncy!!: JHK-KSC-WJG

solarhorse

I've made five courses so far.

Circuitboard Shenanigans: WLQ-NNS-CMF

RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE: 2V4-LJC-5XF

Can you cross the threshold? 9NP-5GN-GLF

Coin hunting in the bayou: JD7-WPH-3KG

One Screen Puzzle, Hamster Cage: KY5-04T-YJG

I have currently made 6 Levels in Mario Maker 2 enjoy them, please
I played underground battle and triple threat. If you don't mind me being blunt, these levels feel like they were made too quickly with tons of enemies dotted about everywhere that I can easily get past, that's not very fun.

I've made my first course in Super Mario Maker 2. It's called Super Mario Bros. Invasion by Mew^2.

Its Course ID: N0B-8FH-8FG.

I liked the idea of this level and it was fun at times, but without checkpoints it feels like it drags on too much.

To Shell or Not to Shell

Maker ID: SG2 - TYF - RVF
It feels too easy to get lost in this level, I got to the end by drifting from area to area aimlessly until I came to the checkpoint. It needs a better sense of progression.

My courses thus far:

Goomba stompin’:- 23N-8NS-3DG

This one was fun, quick but effective. I tried some of your other levels, like Fun With Gravity and Bouncy Bouncy, but they felt a bit too repetitive for me to want to see them through to the end.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

I played underground battle and triple threat. If you don't mind me being blunt, these levels feel like they were made too quickly with tons of enemies dotted about everywhere that I can easily get past, that's not very fun.

I liked the idea of this level and it was fun at times, but without checkpoints it feels like it drags on too much.

It feels too easy to get lost in this level, I got to the end by drifting from area to area aimlessly until I came to the checkpoint. It needs a better sense of progression.

This one was fun, quick but effective. I tried some of your other levels, like Fun With Gravity and Bouncy Bouncy, but they felt a bit too repetitive for me to want to see them through to the end.
Yeah I just went nuts with no real fore thought I was trying to make my levels look crazy

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Made it that way for a reason. So people will have to wander their way through it and take their time.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I managed to made around 36 courses as of right now when I got Super Mario Maker 2 at launch day. Most of them are recreations from other games and some of them are sequel courses from the first Super Mario Maker game that I uploaded years ago.

World 1-1 4th of July Remix (Super Mario Bros.) ID: L27-0QM-GXG
Goomba Run Over Car ID: 20D-KBP-M9G
StarTropics Mobile App ID: FMR-KMW-NTF
Find a way to beat Time! 4 ID: TT9-SVH-CNF
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 3 ID: 191-YGC-5PG
Dinner of Flames (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) ID: 113-VTV-PJF
Claw Castle Sky ID: F3R-5KB-GKG
GameXplain’s Warehouse Mobile App ID: Q7C-9QX-YWF
Crypt 1 (Neutopia) ID: BFW-85T-4SF
Survival Dash through Thwomps 2 ID: XV1-2W3-D9G
Nintendo Switch Lite ID: G7W-4JL-Q5G
Survive the Thwomps & On/Off Switches ID: 5QH-F0V-1GF
The Two Screens Challenges 2 ID: YG9-PFP-6PG
Survival Dash through Bob-ombs 2 ID: Y88-SSL-53G
Donkey Kong Jr. ID: KV2-WBN-GGF
Dry Bones Shell Lava Castle Ride ID: Q6H-9Y7-RGF
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 4 ID: 4R4-5YL-9WF
The Clockwork Challenge Castle ID: JY8-HKL-JVG
Find a way to beat Time! 5 ID: NWS-DFK-NHG
The Poison water Tower ID: 035-XGQ-14G
One Screen Grinder Wall-Jump ID: SK6-S2T-0DG
Survival Dash through Thwomps 3 ID: F1T-LRJ-4RG
World 1-1 Night Remix (Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels) ID: HDB-SC3-F4G
Piranha Creeper Escape ID: 30M-D8S-DMG
The Angry Sun Castle ID: CQD-J0R-Q3G
Superball vs. Magic ID: 194-NF7-0QG
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 5 ID: 1M9-64X-S4G
The Poison Water Tower ID: 25D-K8C-6DF
The Auto Castle 2 ID: JNJ-R1T-GYF
Goomba Jumps & Pow the Munchers 2 ID: 0XL-D9C-25G
Act I (Ninja Gaiden) ID: 80B-L0S-TWG
Shoot the POW Blocks 2 ID: 6RJ-MGR-J7G
World 1-1 Twist Remix (SMB3) ID: 65K-6TM-LHG
Banzai Bills Survival Jump ID: NXT-6WY-MMG
Claw Castle Sky 2 ID: L5D-T1V-2MG
Stop the Labor Day Robbers ID: S25-H38-KSG

Super Mario Maker 2 Profile ID: JJD-BYN-9RF

I currently got around 6,830 Maker Points as of right now. Does those medals can actually boost up the Maker Points by the way, I only got the Bronze Medal for Course Uploads (All-Time) as of right now?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Anyone else running into joycon disconnection issues after playing this for an extended period of time? I've run into this issue twice.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I managed to upload a 37th course in Super Mario Maker 2. You need to use the On/Off Switches for the Conveyor Belts and Blocks in order to get the Bob-ombs not touch the Burner Flames. This course only has about 4 rooms.

Bob-ombs and On/Off Switches ID: HPP-FR0-GVG

Edit from September 10th: I managed to upload a 38th course in Super Mario Maker 2.

Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 6 ID: 711-TQ3-SLF

Edit from September 21st: I managed to upload a 39th course.

The Dark Rooms ID: CMT-16P-4LG

Edit from September 24th: I managed to upload a 40th course.

The Two Screens Challenge 3 ID: CRY-439-TWF

Edit from October 7th: I managed to upload a 41st course and it's an another sequel course from SMM1. It's an actual hard course.

Survive the Super Stars & Traps 2 ID: 4T8-JWH-80H

Last edited: