• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Maker

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I just wish they could make an update where you can edit your courses that have already been uploaded, without having to upload a second one. Some of the new updates look like cool ideas I'd want to test out in some courses I've already uploaded.

Yeah, I know how you feel on that. Even if the stars aren't subtracted from your Star Count, it's a shame to have the level itself lose the stars.

Rakurai

Considering that I tend to finish Expert mode with 60-80 lives left, I think I might be ready for Super Expert.

I imagine most of the stages are just going to be the ridiculously trollish sort that require finding some obscure secret only the developer would realistically be able to locate, though, rather then things that are legitimately difficult.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Considering that I tend to finish Expert mode with 60-80 lives left, I think I might be ready for Super Expert.

You are apparently far better at Mario than I could ever hope to be. I'm absolutely hopeless on Expert Mode.

Rakurai

Super Expert isn't quite as bad as I was expecting.

I've run into a surprisingly large amount of fair and well-constructed levels.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well...I am actually very disappointed right now. I finally got access to my Wii U again and got right on Mario Maker to update one of my levels using Red Coins and keys. It's an adventure/exploration level so I wanted to hide red coins throughout the level and require them all to be found for the level to be completed. I found out that while a checkpoint does save any red coins you have found up to that point, if you find them all and then die, that is not saved by the checkpoints, meaning you actually have to go backwards in the level to find them all again. While my level does allow one to travel backwards, it certainly is going to be an annoyance for anyone playing. Very disappointing and something that really needs to be fixed. A lot of those great and creative possibilities I was thinking of before are no longer plausible. Very sad.

Last edited:

Thepowaofhax

Maybe he did something to tick them off.

That's not something really fair to do, as the employees he spoke with said there was nothing wrong (yes, even with the names of the levels).

Anyways, I'm getting SMM on the 30th and planning two levels in advanced. For the Ghost House level, should I use the gimmick of going back through time or make it more like a traditional Ghost House?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If anyone's interested, I've just published my entire 25 level Mario adventure, known as Super Mario Quest. It's an entire game's worth of realistic and creative levels. Check out my profile page to explore them.

Nintendo543

If anyone's interested, I've just published my entire 25 level Mario adventure, known as Super Mario Quest. It's an entire game's worth of realistic and creative levels. Check out my profile page to explore them.

Those levels look really good, I am going to try them out. I'm not the greatest at 2D Mario, but I'll give it a shot.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step

How has no-one starred half of these courses. When I next play I'll try these courses.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
How has no-one starred half of these courses. When I next play I'll try these courses.

Sadly there just aren't enough people playing Mario Maker anymore to get people playing. Thanks for your interest. Hope you enjoy them.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You know what could get them interested? A new theme. Super Mario Land would be a good example.

Let me remind you what Mario Land looked like:
SuperMarioLand-World1-1.jpg

I fail to see why this would be so appealing. It's one thing going back to the classic Mario games that are the fundamentals of the series, but to go to an even worse version with black and white graphics even lower quality than the original Mario Bros makes little sense to me, especially since Mario Land really isn't even considered to be a main series Mario game. Sorry, but what is the appeal?

Nintendo543

Ugh, I hate how the top levels are always the same few people making them. It's kinda irritating, tbh.

I am pretty sure that 99% of the levels in top are auto/keep running. Those type of levels aren't even fun.

Edit: just made a level today

Here is the Course ID: A910-0000-0218-6684

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I just checked my bookmark page to see if I've gotten any stars since I last checked and found that 12 of the 30 levels I had posted are now missing. What gives!? This is really annoying for me to because all my levels that were taken down were part of my Mario Adventure, and posted in a a specific order. Now if I repost them, they'll be out of order, not to mention I have to replay them all now in order to post them. This sucks.