• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Odyssey

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Can you really complain about a realistic dragon with all the realistic humans running around?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Look, if it's as far as you cared to go, that's up to you. But "as far as you cared to go" ended up being roughly the halfway point (of only t - kind of inaccurate to call that "the final boss," isn't it?

It does, to a degree, though? There is no shortage of first-person shooters on the market today, but if a Mario game suddenly segued into a realistic, blood-spurting, first-person shooter segment we wouldn't call that cliché. We'd ask "what the hell is going on here?" The Lord of Lightning battle isn't quite the same as that, but same principle. "There are far too many battles against dragons in video games" is something someone could argue, I guess? But it's novel when a realistic, scaly, lightning-breathing dragon that looks like it was pulled wholly from some other game appears in a cutesy platformer like Mario.

YOU may not, but I, honestly, would. No matter how much you say "but it's a realistic dragon IN A CUTE GAME!!!" it's STILL a generic dragon boss in a videogame.

And who cares? That was just one of my point, and isn't even the sole reason I dislike the game.

Can you really complain about a realistic dragon with all the realistic humans running around?

Cartoon humans in games suck and so do realistic ones, but that still doesn't make the dragon creative. I feel like there's so many great concepts still waiting to be invented as far as story and setting goes if we could just look past humans period.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Hey guys, in the Luncheon kingdom after you did the main quest, where are there goombas to impress Gombette? I only see Fire Bros. and Spinies in their place.

I'm past that point for right now, but I wonder how you can go back to that.

BCVM22

There should be just enough Goombas still running around the general area right in front of the Odyssey's landing point, to stack them up and then use the corncob roller to get to the Goombette ledge (boy, that's a sentence...).

Genos

TTYD
Beat the main story. Really great game overall. I wonder if Nintendo is going to keep supporting it (DLC!?).

I'm not completing this game 100% but I do want to reach 500 moons to get most of the outfits (I used my Luigi and Diddy Kong amiibo without spending).

R_N

Beat the main story. Really great game overall. I wonder if Nintendo is going to keep supporting it (DLC!?).

I'm not completing this game 100% but I do want to reach 500 moons to get most of the outfits (I used my Luigi and Diddy Kong amiibo without spending).

Doubt it, 3D World didn't get DLC either

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There should be just enough Goombas still running around the general area right in front of the Odyssey's landing point, to stack them up and then use the corncob roller to get to the Goombette ledge (boy, that's a sentence...).
I found it out. It turns out there are Goombas on a much higher platform that you need to wrangle. They aren't in the same area though, but they are already stacked.

R_N

i will say it would be nice if they added
Luigi & Peach as playable.

Luigi's exclusion in particular is strange. He wasn't in 64 or Sunshine, but 64DS, Galaxy 1 & 2, 3DL AND 3DW all had him.

Peach I want because, honestly, that kind of feels like it'd be a great post-game addition to her wanting to explore the worlds

KillerDraco

Luigi's exclusion in particular is strange. He wasn't in 64 or Sunshine, but 64DS, Galaxy 1 & 2, 3DL AND 3DW all had him.

Peach I want because, honestly, that kind of feels like it'd be a great post-game addition to her wanting to explore the worlds

Well...

I could see Peach being viable, given Tiara could function the same way as Cappy so that gameplay is not hindered in any way. It'd be somewhat... odd for Luigi to have capturing without it seeming forced. Like, it'd be odd for Cappy to just decide to go on his head instead (especially given he's functioning as a replacement hat for Mario given his hat was destroyed at the start), and it'd be odder still to just add in another cap person for Luigi to use.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Can Peach dress up with Mario's various outfits? We can make sure she has a shirt for one of them.

On a more serious note, I wish Luigi at least appear in the game. He could give Mario Moons for finding him or something like that.

R_N

Well...

I could see Peach being viable, given Tiara could function the same way as Cappy so that gameplay is not hindered in any way. It'd be somewhat... odd for Luigi to have capturing without it seeming forced. Like, it'd be odd for Cappy to just decide to go on his head instead (especially given he's functioning as a replacement hat for Mario given his hat was destroyed at the start), and it'd be odder still to just add in another cap person for Luigi to use.

It's not THAT weird. Some options:
-don't acknowledge it
-Mario loves his brother and Cappy comply because he's bffs with Mario
-Luigi just stays on the ship, then asks if he can go adventuring, cappy joins him without a word until you switch back. See also: galaxy 2

I mean Galaxy 1 didn't really acknowledge there being 2 luigis either so I think Cappy, a living creature who is buds with Mario, deciding to help out his brother is fine

KillerDraco

It's not THAT weird. Some options:
-don't acknowledge it
-Mario loves his brother and Cappy comply because he's bffs with Mario
-Luigi just stays on the ship, then asks if he can go adventuring, cappy joins him without a word until you switch back. See also: galaxy 2

I mean Galaxy 1 didn't really acknowledge there being 2 luigis either so I think Cappy, a living creature who is buds with Mario, deciding to help out his brother is fine

Opinions, I guess.

The more surprising thing for me though, was...

With the purple coins in the Moon Kingdom being freaking Star Bits, I expected some sort of Rosalina or Luma cameo. I mean... why not have a Hungry Luma or something be the shop keeper since you'd be giving them the purple coins/star bits?

R_N

Opinions, I guess.

The more surprising thing for me though, was...

With the purple coins in the Moon Kingdom being freaking Star Bits, I expected some sort of Rosalina or Luma cameo. I mean... why not have a Hungry Luma or something be the shop keeper since you'd be giving them the purple coins/star bits?

Yeah! That was super lame!!
So far as I know, the sole Rosaline reference is an 8 Bit sprite she gets in the dark side or darker side.
The fact diddy kong get a costume but rosalina and the lumas get nothing is baffling!

KillerDraco

So I did manage to overcome Jump Rope Hell last night to get the 100 needed. The one thing that helped for me was switching from Pro Controller to Joycons... The Joycons' buttons are smaller and lighter, so you can get by with a faster, lighter tap than with the Pro Controller. Or at least, that's how it felt.

Edit: Also ended up 100%'ing Odyssey today because wynaut

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Seems like a Galaxy 2 like a sequel would be better, especially since Switch is going to have a long lifespan as a handheld. A Luigi version can also work.

I would recommend DLC in the intermediate time, but next 2D mario will likely be released soon, so it would invalidate this.

R_N

^Seems like a Galaxy 2 like a sequel would be better, especially since Switch is going to have a long lifespan as a handheld. A Luigi version can also work.

I would recommend DLC in the intermediate time, but next 2D mario will likely be released soon, so it would invalidate this.

Hhhhow would a 2d mario invalidate 3D Mario dlc.
They're completely different

Pokemon Power

Luigi is coming to the game! He'll be the host of the new Balloon World mini-game. Also, there are new snapshot mode filters and three new costumes coming as well. They will all be available for free in February.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Ahahaha. I hate myself.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I wonder if they were planning this Balloon World thing all along, and that's why Luigi wasn't in the game in any way, or if it's the other way around and they just decided they needed to give Luigi something to do.