• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m going to start off with Sunshine. I have the DS version of 64 so I might play that one last even though I’m not that great getting enough stars to unlock doors.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
In a toss up between Sunshine as I never played that before or Galaxy as it's my 3rd favorite 3D Mario. Not much of a fan of the original SM64 but I'll eventually get to that

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I've started with 64, I've got 61 stars so far, but I really forgot how challenging the game can me at some points.

Then I'll do Sunshine and Galaxy. And finally I'll do Odyssey and hopefully finally find all the Moons.... Somehow

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Sunshine is starting to annoy me now. I can’t get past the Blooper Surfing task and the second encounter with Peter keeps getting me killed!

KillerDraco

Sunshine is starting to annoy me now. I can’t get past the Blooper Surfing task and the second encounter with Peter keeps getting me killed!

The secret to Blooper Surfing is picking the Green Blooper. That's it. Green has the best handling, while Pink has the worst, and yellow is in the middle. Considering you die if you collide with anything, the handling is important. But despite the better handling, the Green Blooper has the same top speed. The difference is Pink always goes at top speed, while Green you can control the speed by pressing up on the control stick to speed up.

If you're talking about Petey Piranha, dunno where you'd be dying because his attack patterns are pretty easy to avoid; he spits goo in the air but it's pretty telegraphed and easy to avoid. Suck up a Balloon Enemy, wait for him to stop moving, and then fire the Balloon at him between his attacks. He falls to the ground and then plays like the first encounter where you spray into his mouth until he's full and then ground Pound him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I did pick the green one. I wasted four hours trying to clear the stupid task and I keep failing. And with Petey I keep getting hit by every other enemy when trying to hit him with a balloon which keeps taking me twenty minutes just to hit Petey while he’s sleeping and then the stupid goop enemies keep hitting me during the fight and messing up my aiming while I wait for the mouth to open up.

KillerDraco

I hate to say it but the problem sounds like execution on your end, then. Sunshine's got some hard challenges and some janky mechanics but both Blooper Surfing and Petey Piranha are on the low end of the challenge spectrum. So sounds like you need to work on that or things like Pachinko, Lily Pad Ride, etc. will cause you endless suffering.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
With the initial blooper surfing, I find it useful to jump over that one area where you normally would turn sharp left then sharp right.

Edit: This video shows it at about the 1:08 mark.

I'm just mentioning this because one might make it more difficult for themselves if they actually try the sharp turns anyway.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Finished with 64, now on to Sunshine.

I find it uncomfortable to see the GameCube X button on the screen. They could've changed it to a Switch X button instead.
Irony is that the GameCube controller isn't compatible to play Sunshine.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I finally found a LEGO Super Mario Starter Kit and bought it along with the Pirana Plant Slide, Desert Pokey, And Mario’s House sets. I plan on getting Bowser’s Castle and the other sets that I can find locally in the next few months. It is pretty fun to put the sets together but my only complaint is that the one piece that moves the hammock seems to not be as smooth as it should and it barely moves when you turn the dial where as the other one moves freely.

KillerDraco

My physical copy from Target is arriving today.

Buuuuuuuuuut I may just not play the game for a while to see if they will fix a few of the things they need to iron out at least for Sunshine.

Such as? Aside from them changing the "timed challenge start" chime to something akin to a censor bleep (which is INCREDIBLY grating...), I can't see them changing/fixing much. Sunshine is, was, and always has been a janky mess, and the 3D All Stars port is a pretty faithful recreation of that.