• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Series

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Such as? Aside from them changing the "timed challenge start" chime to something akin to a censor bleep (which is INCREDIBLY grating...), I can't see them changing/fixing much. Sunshine is, was, and always has been a janky mess, and the 3D All Stars port is a pretty faithful recreation of that.
Hmm, to be honest, I kind of forgot what I thought needed to be ironed out. Eh, maybe I'll play it for real then.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Is the camera still a mess in Mario 64?

Was playing it yesterday on my N64 and i cant get the Chain Chomp in Bob-omb Battlefield. I feel the camera is part of that problem

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Is the camera still a mess in Mario 64?

Was playing it yesterday on my N64 and i cant get the Chain Chomp in Bob-omb Battlefield. I feel the camera is part of that problem
It still is lol. Moved it to the best position I could, more of a third person view, when I was taking down King Bob-Omb, and it seemed to help a bit.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
While I haven’t played Sunshine myself, seeing how janky some of the game is online is probably my favorite part about this game.

KillerDraco

Well, I finished 100%'ing Galaxy this weekend, which means that now all 3 games on Super Mario 3D All-Stars are at 100%. I think that now, having replayed Sunshine recently (as it was the game I hadn't played in the longest time), I can say my personal list for 3D Mario games I enjoyed the most, from most to least, would be:

1. Odyssey
2. Galaxy
3. 64
4. Galaxy 2
5. 3D World
6. 3D Land
7. Sunshine

I had forgotten how janky Sunshine's mechanics are, and the Blue Coin system is literally the worst thing ever conceived in a Mario game. Still a fun game and it has a unique charm, but it's definitely my least favorite of the 3D Mario games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The blue coins was the part I had trouble on in Sunshine when I played it a long while back for the Gamecube.

I got all the other Shine Sprites, and none of the levels were all that difficult for me.

Some of them are a bit challenging, but I could muster through them alright.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I managed to get 10 Star Shines so far after giving 10 Blue Coins for one of them and the others from the first two missions on the beach level. Took me ages to readjust the mirrors at the tower.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Finished Mario 64 and I'm amazed how much the game still holds up after 25 years, aside from some issues with the camera
My goodness, it is that old, isn't it? Wow... I somehow find that hard to believe.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I just finished watching a “Let’s Play” of Super Mario 64 and man do I want to play that game again.
I hope you are taking advantage of the Super Mario 3D All-Stars game.

That and I JUST NABBED 999 MOONS BABY! YEAH! Also forget Darker Side of the Moon. The Jump Rope challenge is where the real bullplop begins.
So I also completed all 999 moons on this game recently. And I was surprised I was able to complete the Jump rope challenge. But Darker Side was definitely a challenge fo me.

The game I am most excited about is Super Mario 3D World. It is absolutely one of my favorite games and I enjoy it even more when playing with my family. I usually do not like to get suckered into buying a potted game that I have already played but I tend to usually do so (as I did with Super Mario Bros. Deluxe)... Bowser's Fury looks to be promising. I hope the extension is vast and fun.

I still have to finish the bonus levels on Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. I find this game to be spectacular. I have the DLC content and everything and it is so fun to play. I am currently trying to beat "Mummy Me Forever"

So my last comment is regarding the main core series. I hope they make more as I truly do enjoy them and obviously there are more features in a main core series game then there is in making worlds on Super Mario Maker 2. I have a feeling that because of it, there will not be any more moving forward, which would bum me out.

KillerDraco

So my last comment is regarding the main core series. I hope they make more as I truly do enjoy them and obviously there are more features in a main core series game then there is in making worlds on Super Mario Maker 2. I have a feeling that because of it, there will not be any more moving forward, which would bum me out.

I can assure you that there are no plans for them to stop making Mario games. The series is one of the most profitable in the world and the games practically print money.

Captain Jigglypuff

I can assure you that there are no plans for them to stop making Mario games. The series is one of the most profitable in the world and the games practically print money.
Mario is definitely never leaving the market just like Pokémon. Both are the world’s most profitable video game franchises and will make easy money for Nintendo and Game Freak no matter how bad some of the games turned out. Mario Run? Money maker despite being a vacuum for micro transactions and very little to do after you finish story mode. Mario Early Learning on the SNES? Money maker for parents that wanted to keep their kids quiet and entertained without worrying about violence and other mature subjects. Pokémon Dash? Money maker despite it being a terrible game.

Nyter

Island Challenger
How are we feeling about this Super Mario Bros. 35?

I find it entertaining for about 15 mins, then it feels repetitive

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I like it ok. Repetitive sure, but I get a good laugh dying as Mario.

KillerDraco

I like it but it's the type of game I'll play for like, 30 minutes or less. It's not something I'd really marathon and play for hours, but Tetris 99 is kind of the same way so I'm okay with this.

I had a slow start because I'm a little rusty at 2D Mario but managed to get two first places tonight.

Captain Jigglypuff

I got as high as third place. Two Bowsers near the flag pole threw me off because I couldn’t jump over them that easily given their positioning and I ran out of time trying to get rid of one with fireballs.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer

After figuring out the controls i had fun. Just used to using the Joystick to move in games.

I got a game where i ended up on 1-1 every other course. Clearing enemies was easy with the hidden star

got Top 3 twice in about an hour of playing

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Kinda wish that Live Circuit would receive 10 to 12 chaarcters already. Even if you're not a RC/AR fan, these karts look dope to even own on a shelf ;)

Captain Jigglypuff

Kinda wish that Live Circuit would receive 10 to 12 chaarcters already. Even if you're not a RC/AR fan, these karts look dope to even own on a shelf ;)
They are neat but I won’t be getting a copy because I have very limited space and cannot set up a course that easily. The kart toys probably make it at least $15 more than buying a new Switch game at full price. I buy games to play them and to enjoy not keep them on a shelf.

MrJechgo

They are neat but I won’t be getting a copy because I have very limited space and cannot set up a course that easily. The kart toys probably make it at least $15 more than buying a new Switch game at full price. I buy games to play them and to enjoy not keep them on a shelf.
What do you think Amiibos now are, these days :p ?