• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Series

Nyter

Island Challenger
So let's sip some tea and talk...

It is quite the "open world" now added in there. And safe to say Bowser Jr. Is the additional playable/unlockable character... which I dig actually.

Those kitties are frckn adorable and maybe we will get some background as to why and how Cat Mario came to be.

I know people think The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild when the "open world" concept is put into any game but it definitely was that when Bowser grew giant and attacked. Reminded me of the final phase battle with Calamity Ganon.

But the end...
Not Super Saiyan Mario lol.

I am digging it all and am totally excited. This is my favorite Mario game of all time so far.

R_N

Bowser Jr kind of just seems like the "player 2" character, I'm not sure he's "actually" playable. He's constantly floating to the side or all around and only ever does things with Mario...feels more akin to the Luma in Galaxy 2 or Cappy in the 2P mode in Odyssey

Which is a shame since I'd like playable bowser jr...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Let me guess. Bowser wasn't invited to Mario Party again and he's tapping into dark steroids.

But he was invited to the last party! Super Mario Party had him in the roster from the start. I actually like the game and think the mini games are far less frustrating than some of the ones in past games.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Rosalina is the closest thing to God in Mario and no one has slayed her yet.

Captain Jigglypuff

I have been interested in the new game since it was announced but I am not sure how long before I can get it. I know digital is an option and it’s easier than dealing with physical carts but my SD card doesn’t have enough memory for such a game and I don’t want to delete the games I currently have on it.

R_N

And here's an overview trailer that goes over more new stuff

3D World portion changes:
-Everyone moves faster, its really obvious on Peach (who was the slowest iirc) and Toad (WHO IS NOW EVEN FASTER)
-Online multiplayer!
-Snapshot mode, like in Odyssey. Stamps are repurposesd for this mode and can be put on level geometry

Bowser's Fury:
-as I suspected, Bowser Jr is the "player 2" character, like Luma or Cappy, rather than a full character like Mario/Peach/Luigi/Toad/Rosalina
-The way they keep talking about it as its own game does sound like Fury will probably be longer than I expected
-Bowser's name is "Fury Bowser"
-Bowser will happen periodically, sounds like maybe on a real timer?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I have been interested in the new game since it was announced but I am not sure how long before I can get it. I know digital is an option and it’s easier than dealing with physical carts but my SD card doesn’t have enough memory for such a game and I don’t want to delete the games I currently have on it.
Are you able to get another SD card? Regular Sandisk cards aren't that expensive (non Nintendo branded ones). I generally go with the 128gb ones and they go for around $20 via Walmart. It's an SD XC one.

Captain Jigglypuff

Are you able to get another SD card? Regular Sandisk cards aren't that expensive (non Nintendo branded ones). I generally go with the 128gb ones and they go for around $20 via Walmart. It's an SD XC one.
I already have three of the 128 GB cards and they filled rather quickly and I would rather get one bigger than that. I’m also running out of room in my carrying case to hold any more SD cards without losing them or them getting damaged because they are loose in the zipper pouch where I also store the Joy Con straps.

R_N

I wont lie, its a bit shocking to hear that you have 3 128 GB cards and all of them are full

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I already have three of the 128 GB cards and they filled rather quickly and I would rather get one bigger than that. I’m also running out of room in my carrying case to hold any more SD cards without losing them or them getting damaged because they are loose in the zipper pouch where I also store the Joy Con straps.
Ah I see. Walmart has bigger ones too. I have a hard shell case that I keep my Switch in and it comes with a pair of plastic cases that I keep my SD cards in.

Captain Jigglypuff

I wont lie, its a bit shocking to hear that you have 3 128 GB cards and all of them are full
I have many games that use up a lot of space. Mortal Kombat 11 is around 20 GB, FF X is 40 GB, all of the Mega Men collections, among other games. Plus all three have Animal Crossing on them. Surprisingly the board game adaptations are at least 1 GB each and I have several of them.