• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Military disaster? That's an interesting way to put it. If we're counting spin-offs, I would say Super Paper Mario, as his entire army got brainwashed and stolen from him. If we're not counting spin-offs, then there's not really any clear-cut winner. I suppose one of the Galaxy games, because he loses his "strategic holdings" in many galaxies across the universe.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Military disaster? That's an interesting way to put it. If we're counting spin-offs, I would say Super Paper Mario, as his entire army got brainwashed and stolen from him. If we're not counting spin-offs, then there's not really any clear-cut winner. I suppose one of the Galaxy games, because he loses his "strategic holdings" in many galaxies across the universe.

Yes, spin-offs like the Paper Mario series and Mario & Luigi series do count for this.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I got Mario Maker 3D back in February and so far I've made two levels that were easy to design and yet can be challenging. The first has all these ? blocks and some have power ups and others have enemies and for those playing for the first time they don't know what too expect. The second is an airship full of coins but also a winged Thwomp and a Lakitu that tosses out Boos. The main goal is not to get greedy and collect all the coins as it will be your downfall. You enter a room and emerge near the flag in another area full of spikes, coins, and two Boos.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm thinking of playing paper mario 2 again. It's been along time and it's a real paper mario game after all =)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm thinking of playing paper mario 2 again. It's been along time and it's a real paper mario game after all =)

Thousand Year Door is the only Paper Mario game I haven't played (not counting Paper Jam), but I got a copy of it for Christmas last year. Now I've just got to wait until I get home from college for summer so I can play it.

R_N

So there's evidence of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX coming for the Switch? But I just started playing the game... o_O

There is 0 evidence for Switch.
The 3DS eshop was datamined and they found an icon and title listing "Bowser's Minions & Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX"
C-uLH9PVoAAQMXn.jpg

e: also file size. 550MB

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

There is 0 evidence for Switch.
The 3DS eshop was datamined and they found an icon and title listing "Bowser's Minions & Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX"
C-uLH9PVoAAQMXn.jpg

e: also file size. 550MB

So if it's real, it's probably still just the size of a GBA game.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I really really hope Odyssey isn't another 3D Land/World game. I finally want another Star based system with wide ranged areas like Sunshine.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really really hope Odyssey isn't another 3D Land/World game. I finally want another Star based system with wide ranged areas like Sunshine.

Given the depth and complexity of everything we saw in the initial trailer, there's no way this game will be anything like 3D Land or World. Nintendo themselves said that this was returning to sandbox/adventure format of 64/Sunshine (and Galaxy by extension). That doesn't automatically mean star-based I suppose, but it's definitely going to be closer to 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy than 3D Land and World. Areas are definitely wide-ranged though, based on the initial trailer alone. This is why I'm so excited.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I cannot wait for the gameplay of Odyssey.

If I get the chance to go to E3 again this will be my must play over there.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
So I finished Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga yesterday, the game was really enjoyable and I strugged till the Hoohoo Wooniversity but after that it became easier. The final boss sucked, however.

I had to kill the head and arms like 6 times to make the heart vulnerable even thoguh I spammed Bros. Attacks on the heart. I had to waste turns where the heart is vulnerable to use healing items because I screwed up on dodging the arm swing or fire ring attack. Both bros. have only two turns before the heart disappears. It took me a long time. Also, I had to restart the entire thing including the Bowletta fight before that because both bros. were at 1 HP when the fight started, and I screwed up countering and both bros. died.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
So I finished Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga yesterday, the game was really enjoyable and I strugged till the Hoohoo Wooniversity but after that it became easier. The final boss sucked, however.

I had to kill the head and arms like 6 times to make the heart vulnerable even thoguh I spammed Bros. Attacks on the heart. I had to waste turns where the heart is vulnerable to use healing items because I screwed up on dodging the arm swing or fire ring attack. Both bros. have only two turns before the heart disappears. It took me a long time. Also, I had to restart the entire thing including the Bowletta fight before that because both bros. were at 1 HP when the fight started, and I screwed up countering and both bros. died.

If you want to have a much easier time battling bosses and other enemies, use the Mush Badge AA and max out all of your Mushroom types. You'll become an irresistible force of destruction against your enemies. I've even one-shot bosses with that badge and mushroom combo. Just make sure you've got plenty of Nuts to heal both Bros if you have trouble avoiding any attacks if they survive your first strike so you won't have to use up Mushrooms to heal.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
If you want to have a much easier time battling bosses and other enemies, use the Mush Badge AA and max out all of your Mushroom types. You'll become an irresistible force of destruction against your enemies. I've even one-shot bosses with that badge and mushroom combo. Just make sure you've got plenty of Nuts to heal both Bros if you have trouble avoiding any attacks if they survive your first strike so you won't have to use up Mushrooms to heal.

I completely forgot about the mushroom equipment but doesn't that make the game too easy?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

I beat the game about two or three days ago. The final boss is difficult, but that makes it a worthy final boss. I initially beat it unintentionally with the pepper glitch, but then I beat it glitchless after a while.

R_N

The final boss in SSS is absolute garbage. There is no excuse to start the second phase of a final boss on 1 HP and force you to dodge several difficult attacks with kind of wonky depth perception before you can do anything, then follow up with a boss that requires getting rid of 3 other parts before you can do any real damage. THe boss takes forever, she does a ton of damage, and any time you do you have to go through the entire first phase again before trying.

I've replayed the game several times over the years and its still bad. The only reason I consider PiT's final boss worse is because of super inflated HP totals, a multi part boss phase with long unskippable cutscenes and of cousre the boss itself has a bunch of different parts that have to be destroyed before doing real damage.