• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Mario Tournaments!! (Super Mario Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m190049

Local psychopath
Uh... So... In an attempt to clear some of the hostility here...

What's your favorite game with Mario in it? (And I mean more than as a cameo!)
I'm stuck between the Super Smash Bros. series, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
Both are some of my favorite games of all time.

Skull13

An answer for the topic? Not likely.

What's your favorite game with Mario in it?
For me, that's a very tough question. There are so many games, I don't even know if I can pick just one.

m190049, thanks for helping me clear the hostility. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

mangaeyes

Lol

Super Mario Galaxy!! The ending was a bit depressing though...if not that then Super Mario Bros. for DS.

Also I don't mind what torunament we do first so just cast my vote to the majority.

Skull13

We have our first cups ready!

Lol

Super Mario Galaxy!! The ending was a bit depressing though...if not that then Super Mario Bros. for DS.

Also I don't mind what torunament we do first so just cast my vote to the majority.

So, it's either Super Mario Galaxy or New Super Mario Bros. Both good games, especially Super Mario Galaxy.

Now that we got your choice, we've got our first cups, with me breaking the tie for the first Brawl cup.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Block H: Pokemon Cup

Pikachu%27s_Skull_Bash_Move.jpg

Mario Kart Wii
Block G: The Angry Sun Cup

1849.jpg

However, we need at least eight members for Brawl and twelve players for MK Wii to be a part of the club before we can begin anything.

In the meantime, I'll explain how it's going to work for Brawl, as it's not going to simply be a "You lose, you're out!" type of game.

For Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it'll be eight players per ladder. Here's how the brackets will look like.

(Host) means that the player will be hosting the game. This will help avoid any confusion as to who's doing what. However, both players must still set their options according to the rules within the tournaments.

As to stages used, discuss that between each other through PMs or VMs.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Pokemon Cup

Preliminaries
Player 1 (Host) Vs. Player 2
Player 3 Vs. Player 4 (Host)
Player 5 (Host) Vs. Player 6
Player 7 Vs. Player 8 (Host)

After the preliminaries, the players get divided into two brackets.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Pokemon Cup

Semifinals
Player 1 (Host) Vs. Player 4
Player 5 Vs. Player 8 (Host)

Losers Bracket
Player 2 (Host) Vs. Player 3
Player 6 Vs. Player 7 (Host)

After the results, it goes into the final rounds.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Pokemon Cup

7th Place Match
Player 3 (Host) Vs. Player 6

5th Place Match
Player 2 Vs. Player 7 (Host)

3rd Place Match
Player 4 (Host) Vs. Player 5

Cup Victory Match
Player 1 Vs. Player 8 (Host)

After the results, I update the IDs and decide what happens next. Sometimes, players may have to do the cup more than once, but only if we don't have enough new members to try their luck on the cup.

This way, everybody gets to play the same amount of matches in the cups and have fun doing it.

When we get more members, I'll update the status of the tournaments.

Right Now! news and How To Advance & Win rules updated.

Last edited:
For me, It has to be Super Mario Galaxy; It had some really awesome music and soundtracks, and brilliant gameplay... although I also agree with the ending being a bit depressing, but the overall expierence of the game was EPIC.

Skull13

One more rule.

One more thing I forgot to mention.

Conversations that talk about getting online and brawling/racing other people are not allowed in the thread. Example phrases would be, "Okay, I'm ready to fight!", "What's taking you so long?", & "Hold on, I'm getting ready.". This stuff can be done through PMs & VMs.

Rules updated.

EDIT: Another thing to add. If there is more than one winner for the same cup, yet the players were in different tournaments, they will compete against each other in another tournament under the same cup until there's only one winner left standing.

TIEBREAKER RULES
In the event of players that have the same number of victories/points, those players will compete against each other in a singles wild-card match or Match Race. Those players will be allowed to choose their own rules and courses, but only on one stage or track. The winner of that match/race will advance. This will only be used if we have too many players to advance.

How To Advance & Win rules updated.

Last edited:

the wizard of up

king of randomness
hey can you add me to the members list? i want to participate in a tournament
mario kart wii

the wizard of up = mike = toad/yoshi/king boo
Friend Code = 3738-3632-2382
0 Wins
0 Losses

Skull13

You got it, man!

hey can you add me to the members list? i want to participate in a tournament
mario kart wii

the wizard of up = mike = toad/yoshi/king boo
Friend Code = 3738-3632-2382
0 Wins
0 Losses

You got it, man!

Member list updated.

the wizard of up

king of randomness
umm... i'm not sure if i have to do this for the tourneys
but i registered everyone's kart code..

Skull13

You can if you want to. Several more updates.

umm... i'm not sure if i have to do this for the tourneys
but i registered everyone's kart code..

You can if you want to. It's nice to do.

By the way, I've made several updates.

It'll be eight players per cup in Brawl and twelve players per cup in MK Wii. Don't worry, for everyone will get a chance to do a cup, and I may even have us do several cups simultaneously.

For example, take sixteen players who want to compete in Brawl. Place eight players in each tournament ladder and we're good, even if those tournament ladders are for the same cup. It's crazy, isn't it? But very good, too!

Member list & How To Advance & Win news updated.

Last edited:

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
so when are the tourneys starting so i can see whos in it(i dont care if i dont have wi-fi im only 12 and can still play the games)

Skull13

Sorry, but we're still not ready yet.

so when are the tourneys starting so i can see whos in it(i dont care if i dont have wi-fi im only 12 and can still play the games)

Unfortunately, we still have an insufficient amount of members to actually do anything.

Brawl Players

Players Needed
At least 8

MK Wii Players

Players Needed
At least 12

So, until then, there's not much we can do except issue open challenges.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
ok well i saw super mario 64 and mario kart 64 today in town in a shop but 1 problem:i only have 1 controller and my bro wants to play against me so i would have to buy another controller=[

Skull13

Passing the time until...

IDEA!

I'm thinking about doing an activity to pass the time until we get more members.

A Wi-Fi 3-Minute Multi-Man Brawl Contest.

super-smash-bros-team-multi-man-brawl-has-online-co-op.jpg

The rules are simple. It's a 3-minute Brawl, and you can pair up with another member of the club. Then, we find out which pair of players has the best chemistry with the most knockouts. You can also pair up with more than one partner and mark down how well you did with each player.

It's just for kicks, but it's better than nothing.

Well, who's in?

Last edited:

Skull13

The rules are simple.

I'm in, but I'm a bit confused on how we'd go about doing it...

Simple. You pick a partner and try your luck with him/her in a 3-minute Brawl. You mark down your best record. At that point, you either choose another partner and see if you can smash your old record with him/her or send me the results of your best record and with who and which characters (The best way to know is to save replays, and it's possible with this contest.).

Note: Records with partners from outside this club and Failure results in the game will not count in this contest.

First post updated.

Last edited:

Skull13

Thank you, lunar spirit1100!

I'l join as well, It seems like a good idea to pass the time, until we get more members.

Nice to know. Honestly, it was thanks to you that I came up with this idea (Remember last night?).

And this is only one idea. I've got several others, but they'll be mentioned as time goes by.

Current Side-Activity news updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.