1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Super Mario

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Pikachu78, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikachu78

Pikachu78 Spider-Dan

Ok guys this is just like my popular Legend of Zelda thread (if you haven't seen it look at it).So as it was popular and these two games were announced at the same time I thought I might open a Super Mario thread.What do you want the next mario game to be like.I had loads of great answers in my last one so I hope that this will have just as good answers

2. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

New Mario game.

But other than this, we also have Mario Power Tennis coming back for the Wii.

As for new games themselves, it's been a while since a Mario Party game came out; maybe we'll see the 9th installment (not counting handheld)

3. Pikachu78

Pikachu78 Spider-Dan

That is true.Bit I'n not a big fan of Mario Tennis.I find it a bit boring at times.

4. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

Nintendo should follow the success of Megaman 9 and release an 8-bit Super Mario 4 on WiiWare.

5. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

To suggest this indicates a distinct lack of understanding of the difference in sales and current notoriety between Mega Man and Mario. What reason does Nintendo have to distribute a watered-down product electronically for $10 when they can just have one of their many internal development teams create the product to take full advantage of the DS and sell it for $30?

Furthermore, what did you think New Super Mario Bros. was? Go paint a big "4" on the box and go play pretend.

6. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

I'm sorry you don't like my opinion? Way to ruin my fantasy with your seriousness :(

7. aaron-now

aaron-now Well-Known Member

I hope they make a Super Paper Mario (platformer-RPG) game for the DS. The one on the wii was fun, but imagine if they put in the touch screen capabilities.

8. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

It'd be worse, since all the stylus can do is click and drag, while the Wiimote can do that, twist, pull/push, and so forth?

9. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

But he was right new super Mario bros just really Super Mario bros 4 but with a different name.

10. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

Imo NSMB didn't live up to the legacy of 2D Mario. If they released a NSMB2 that was stayed true to the awesomeness of the old 8bit and 16bit Mario games then I guess that's swell too :)

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Well that's nice. So because you didn't think the game was what you think it should have been, it doesn't count, despite the fact the game was exactly what you're clamoring for?

Oh. Oh. Awesome. Alright. I need to hear this. You tell us what they left out of/didn't implement in NSMB that, had it been in, would have made the game "stay true to the awesomeness of the old 8bit and 16bit Mario games"?

12. Sonic Boom

It is a Super Mario Bros. 4. The only reason they named it New Super Mario Bros. was because of the massive time difference from Super Mario Bros. 3's release to NSMB's release. It is essentially the same: a side-scroller game where you have to get to the goal in under a certain time limit.

13. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

Okay, what's your problem with people? I wasn't trying to argue with anyone. I'm not trying to make my vision clear to your understanding. In fact, I don't care what you think. You're trying to stir the pot where it's unnecessary and I'm going to ignore your criticism and continue to flex my sense of fun (You should really try that imo) in imagining new Mario games and discussing Mario like this thread was intended. If you think that you know more than someone else, let them have fun in their ignorance. Internet doesn't have to be serious.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to M&L3. What kind of moves do you figure Bowser will have?

14. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

I thought it was due to Japan's numbering system, since there, World was called Bros. 4.

15. Sonic Boom

I must have missed that; I completely forgot about World.

But it is essentially comparable to 2D Mario still, so the argument....somewhat remains.

16. woot21

woot21 super noob

I say that the next Mario should involve Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser, then Mario has to go through a number of worlds, maybe collecting a certain number of some item, to finally reach Bowser for the final battle, after which Mario saves Peach and everything returns to normal.

woot21 out dawgs

17. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

In Japan "Super Mario World" was know as "Super Mario Bros 4". Therefore. NSMB is SMB5. But then BCVM22 would say otherwise.

Pimpkrow out ;430;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  18. CyberneticGlion

CyberneticGlion Pokemaniac10 revived

I don't care what the next Mario game has to offer, just as long as it doesn't suck.
    Whatever Woot21 post's said sounds pretty good.

Gliscor out...

19. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

Except it can't be 3-D graphics in a sidescroller setting, because that would just ruin the game.

>_> Oh, that logic is even worse when used in a real situation.

20. woot21

woot21 super noob

So you didn't even read my post? You just saw I posted it and assumed it was good? That isn't a good idea, especially if it is SSB related. That is what that sounds like anyways.

Couldn't agree with that first part more. That's why it must be 2-D graphics in a 3-D platformer setting. Imagine the uproar that would cause.

Seriously though I just want Nintendo to keep doing what they have been doing with Mario games. Making them be good, enjoyable games. Simple as that.

woot21 out dawgs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.