• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Meat Boy

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[IMG139]http://supermeatboy.com/_media/meatboy/cornerlogo.jpg[/IMG139]​
Most of you have probably heard of a Flash game called Meat Boy made by Edmund McMillen (Gish, Coil, Spewer, etc.) and Tommy Refenes. Super Meat Boy is the full-length game based off it.

Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux.

Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles. Sacrificing his own well being to save his damsel in distress. Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic NES titles like Mega Man 2, Ghost and Goblins and Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Japanese one) and stream lines them down to the essential no BS straight forward twitch reflex platforming.

- Ramping up in difficulty from hard to soul crushing SMB will drag Meat boy though haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself. And if 300+ single player levels weren't enough SMB also throws in epic boss fights, a level editor and tons of unlock able secrets, warp zones and hidden characters.
- Story mode, featuring over 300 levels spanning 5+ chapters
- Collectible Medals and Bandages
- Warp zones that will warp you into other games
- Over 20 unlockable and playable characters from popular indie titles such as, Flywrench, Bit.Trip, Jumper and Alien Hominid
- Epic Boss fights, like C.H.A.D.
- Full Level Editor (shortly after release)
- A story so moving you will cry yourself to sleep for the rest of your life

Official F.A.Q.
Question: When is this coming out on PS3?
Answer: Never.

Question: Why should I pay for this? It's free on Newgrounds!
Answer: It's not the same game idiot, die in a carpet fire.

Question: Where is the level editor?
Answer: Maybe.

Release Info:
Platforms: WiiWare, Windows + Mac, XBLA
Release Date: Out for XBLA!, November 30th for Windows (Pre-order on Steam now! Only $10 for a limited time!), TBA for WiiWare and Mac

XBLA Character Roster:
Who gives a ****.

PC Character Roster:
[IMG139]http://edmundm.com/teamsteam.png[/IMG139]

PC exclusive characters include Mr. Minecraft (from Minecraft), Captain Viridian (from VVVVVV), Josef (from Machinarium), a headcrab (from Half-Life), a Goo ball (from World of Goo), and RunMan (from RunMan: Race Around the World).

Cobalt_Latios

Lord, I want to get this!! My only query is that I want to know how you'd get this game for the PC outside of steam (because apparently, the Goo ball is only available outside that service).

Also, I just now noticed that the kid from "I Wanna Be The Guy" is in this. How fitting.

I'll probably wind up getting both PC versions... and maybe the XBLA version... and maybe the WiiWare version if it's ever released.

I saw some of my friends trying the demo of this game at school last week. I really want to give this a shot.

C_L

Dattebayo

Banned
I lol'd at the F.A.Q., and the fact that it'll be like MM2 makes it look promising, but then again, it did mentioned Lost Levels.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Lord, I want to get this!! My only query is that I want to know how you'd get this game for the PC outside of steam (because apparently, the Goo ball is only available outside that service).
They'll probably sell it from their site or something. The Steam version will also have the Goo ball by using a special code, so there's no reason not to buy it from Steam unless you absolutely hate it.

XBLA version has a good lineup, but it ain't no Headcrab.

Damn Headcrab...
Why is Gish XBLA-only.

WHY

Cobalt_Latios

They'll probably sell it from their site or something. The Steam version will also have the Goo ball by using a special code, so there's no reason not to buy it from Steam unless you absolutely hate it.
You'd better not be lying about this.

edit:
6. Tara Long and I have not set a date yet, but we are registered at Family Christian Stores. As a gift to her, from me, World of Goo ball will be playable in the Steam version via a special Cheat Code. (it was totally planned all along but this is gunna earn me some points).
YESS!!!

C_L

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
that "official faq" of his already gives me a reason to assume that we are not dealing with a very serious and ambitious creator. but hey, you guys can spend your money on walking meatballs and tampoons if it pleases you, i don't care.

Empoleon Bonaparte

that "official faq" of his already gives me a reason to assume that we are not dealing with a very serious and ambitious creator. but hey, you guys can spend your money on walking meatballs and tampoons if it pleases you, i don't care.

[IMG139]http://files.sharenator.com/Troll_Face_PS3_HAS_NO_GAMES_Forever_Alone_meme-s407x405-99909-535.jpg[/IMG139]