• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis?

Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis?

• Super Nintendo

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Sega Genesis

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

These two consoles are considered the best of each company and the best of the 16 bit generation. But which of them do you like more? For me, it is the Super Nintendo. This was the first Nintendo console that I got and I grew up with and has lots of great games including Super Mario World 1 and 2, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country Trilogy, Megaman X 1-3, Final Fantasy 4-6, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Starfox, Earthbound, F-Zero, and many more that I missed. So which 16 bit console do you like more?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The Genesis. A friend of mine let me play Sonic games with his and I have good memories from doing so.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Super nintendo, so many fun memories!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
For me it depends on the games that the consoles both have. I prefer the SNES version of Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 over the Genesis because that’s what I played as a kid and the Genesis version of Shaq Fu (which isn’t as bad as people claim once you remove Shaq). For exclusive games I definitely pick the SNES. The Genesis did have some really good exclusives like Comix Zone or the Sonic games but the SNES is more nostalgic for me as that is what I had as a kid.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
It's really hard to choose. Both consoles had some really good games and I have good memories of both. I'm gonna say Genesis because my favorite game of all time is a Genesis-era Sonic game.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Never had one. My only home consoles were Nintendo 64 and Game Boy. I owned a Playstation much much later.
But since i had those 2 systems that i mentioned... i'll go with Super Nintendo

Pokemon Power

I'm gonna choose the Super NES, because when you look at what happened during the life cycle of both systems, you can tell that, and this is just my opinion, Nintendo focused on making quality games with what they got, while Sega focused on competing with Nintendo, and as such, the quality of Genesis games slowly got less and less good. Another factor is that both companies had to have their Japanese and international branches get along and agree with certain actions, Nintendo did a very good job with that, Sega, not so much.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm gonna choose the Super NES, because when you look at what happened during the life cycle of both systems, you can tell that, and this is just my opinion, Nintendo focused on making quality games with what they got, while Sega focused on competing with Nintendo, and as such, the quality of Genesis games slowly got less and less good. Another factor is that both companies had to have their Japanese and international branches get along and agree with certain actions, Nintendo did a very good job with that, Sega, not so much.
That is true. Sega was too focused on making more money than Nintendo that they would put pressure on game designers to rush games to make their targeted release dates which didn’t leave much time for testing and debugging. Sonic 3 was somewhat lucky that it got split into two games with one making it out on the day it was supposed to be released while Sonic & Knuckles got a few extra months to be completed and to be a really good game that could act as a standalone game. My friend had Sonic & Knuckles and I didn’t even know it was the second half of Sonic 3 until a few years ago.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Let's be careful on what threads we bump please. We are being a little more flexible with the bumping rule, but a thread from February really didn't need bumped. Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.