• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Password

Twentington

Outta here!
...how well can you communicate with just one word?

Yes, Pyramid is pretty much dead. (Protip: if you're going to host a game, try and host a game that will hold your interest.)

In its' place, a game from the same guy who created that.

RULES:

Two teams compete (with usual contestant-celebrity configuration). The object of the game is for the clue-giving partner to get the receiving partner to guess a given word (the "password"). The celebrity on the first team offers a one word clue to their partner, and then the contestant gets to try to guess the word. If they're right, well, I'll explain that below. If they don't get the password, the other celebrity gives a clue to try to get their partner to guess the password. This alternates until one team gets the password, or each team has had three attempts to get the password.

Regardless, the word is then placed into the PASSWORD PUZZLE as one of five clues that can refer to pretty much anything. The contestant who guessed the word that was just put on the board has the chance to win that round by guessing what the PASSWORD PUZZLE is (the puzzle may not necessarily be one word e.g. SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE). If neither team got the previous password, the word is simply put on the board, nobody guesses, cue next password. If the clue giver, by chance, somehow says the password, the word is revealed, and the OTHER team's receiver guesses.

Once the final password of the round is revealed, if we need to go that far, the team that guessed it gets TWO shots to guess the password puzzle - one by the receiver, another by the person giving the clues. If neither of them get it, the opposing team gets two shots in the same manner. If neither of THEM get it right, we reveal the puzzle, and restart the round with a new puzzle. If nobody guesses the last password in the puzzle, same thing; reveal the puzzle and start over.

Roles alternate in each round: the celebrities give the clues in Round 1, 3, and (if necessary) 5. The contestants give the clues in Round 2, 4, and (if needed) 6.

Also, the contestants switch celebrity partners after CA$HWORD in each game.

Solving the password puzzle wins money in the following manner:

Round 1: $200
Round 2: $400 + CA$HWORD
Round 3: $600
Round 4 and up: $800

The first player to reach $1,000 plays SUPER PASSWORD.

CA$HWORD:

The team that solves the Round 2 puzzle plays this mini-game for an escalating mini-jackpot that starts at $2,000 and rises by $1,000 for each time it isn't won.

Before it's played, the team must decide who will give clues and who will receive clues.

The person who chooses to give clues in this case is shown a word and given three clues to get their partner to say the word. If that happens, simple, the contestant wins the money. If at any time an illegal clue is given (explained below), the CA$HWORD is forfeited.

SUPER PASSWORD:

Again, the team must decide who will give and who will receive. The team is given ten words starting with successive letters of the alphabet (such as A to J, B to K, etc.). The person who gives the clues MUST wait for their partner to guess or say 'CLUE' to give another clue - if they post two words in succession, that is considered an illegal clue and the word is forfeited. The clue-giver only goes through ONE WORD in the bonus round at a time. They can come back to words they're not sure about.

The team has 60 internet seconds to get all 10 words. The time will be treated as such: 1 second for each clue and response, and 48 hours without a response blows 5 seconds from your time.

An illegal clue does NOT forfeit the jackpot; instead, the pot is decreased by 20% for each illegal clue (e.g. if you give an illegal clue playing for $10,000, you're now playing for $8,000).

Winning this round wins a jackpot starting at $10,000 and increasing by $5,000 each time it's played until it's won. If you fail to get all ten words, it's a consolation prize of $250 a word.

ILLEGAL CLUES:

Be sure to give only ONE WORD CLUES. No hyphenated words, made-up words, or parenthetical descriptions of your voice (e.g. Dramatically). However, opposites and other inflections, such as ellipses, are perfectly fine.

Contestant limits are seven matches in this game, and as was planned with Pyramid, celebrities change from show to show.

I'll need two players and two celebrities. The first player that signs up will get to choose which celebrity they'd like to partner with.

Who wants in?

Last edited:

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
I'll be a contestant.

Twentington

Outta here!
That's one - we need two celebs and another contestant to get the ball rolling on this.

Twentington

Outta here!
We've filled the contestant spots; anyone interested in one of the celebrity spots?

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
(Commercial comes on) If you want to be a celebrity in Super Password, come to 777 Serebii Drive!

Twentington

Outta here!
How the hell did this get to page 3 so fast?

That aside, I still need 2 more people to join the game; is anyone interested?

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Hey all, Charlie Sheen here. WINNING! I would like to be on your show. No, that's not a statement, it's an answer.

(I'm sorry I'm bored and trying to study, I'd be interested but I'm not very good at impersonating people let alone celebs whom I don't know a lot about :p I may change my celeb identity if that's cool)

Twentington

Outta here!
(I don't mind at all.)

And there's one! Anyone want to take the last spot so we can get started?

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
I'm here and I'm ready. They're not. Bring it. (OOC: that's actually one of his quote, I thought it was somewhat fitting)

Twentington

Outta here!
So anybody interested in filling that last spot so I can start this sometime this weekend?

Twentington

Outta here!
If anyone wants to fill the last spot, I can start this later today!

Twentington

Outta here!
...Hello? Anyone? I'd really like to get this started by the weekend. We only need one person!

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Hello, it's me David Gilmour, and I'll gladly fill in this last spot here. Maybe I'll play some guitar while I'm at it.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Hey, play me some tunes dude. No, give me the guitar and I'll play. Have I ever played guitar before? No, but I already know how because I'm CHARLIE SHEEN B**CH.

(OOC: woot we can finally start. also like i said before i don't really know much about charlie sheen besides what i've seen on the internet so give me some leeway :p)

Twentington

Outta here!
(insert NBC ID here)

-------------

*THEME PLAYS*

Rich Fields: It's Password...

240px-SuperPassword.jpg

It's Super Password!

*cheers and applause*

Our guest stars today... from Anger Management, Charlie Sheen! And from music group Pink Floyd, David Gilmour! And the star of Super Password, Doctor Who!

*cheers and applause as I walk through the middle doors*

Hello, everybody! Now that you know we're back, let's just take a moment... guys, how are you today?!?