• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Rare Pokemon from each Generation

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
Each Pokemon game has a small cute legendary that's super rare, and can't be caught directly from the game. In Red/Blue it was Mew, Gold/Silver it was Celebi, Ruby/Sapphire it was Jirachi, but what about Diamond/Pearl? Was it Manaphy or Shaymin?

jaxonferz

i agree with togetic

AstralEon

The one and only.
Well Shaymin supposabley can be caught directly. Manaphy can only be caught over event or pokemon ranger.

So I say its Manaphy for 4th Gen.

antnie

<----- First Shiny
Since Drakai and Arceus are not cute I would have to say it is Manaphy since Shaymin can be caught in Platinum.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Since Drakai and Arceus are not cute I would have to say it is Manaphy since Shaymin can be caught in Platinum.

Uh, no it can't, where did you hear that.

While both Manaphy and Shaymin come into the cute event catagory, I would say shaymin is, because of Manaphy's breeding gimmick.

Well Shaymin supposabley can be caught directly. Manaphy can only be caught over event or pokemon ranger.

So I say its Manaphy for 4th Gen.

If I recall, your able to catch a wild Mew from a event in emerald...
You were also able to catch a wild Cerebii from a event in Gold/Silver/Crystal?

Nyx

TornWorld Tour Guide
Im gonna have to say manaphy because, its figure is similar to the original hidden pokemon of the previous games but that is just a standoff for a unknown question lol.

Shaymin is very cute though.......

Last edited:

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
It's Both (And Possibly Phione) There Is No Other Awnser :/

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I would say that its got to be Spiritomb, if you don't have any friends with a DS/who play pokemon or wifi access, or you live in a secluded place miles away from civilization, then you can never get a legit one, unless you own two DS's, which is way expensive.

Manaphy is easily got through pokemon ranger, which in turn gets you a phione, and theres websites/stores that'll deliver to anywhere in the world, as long as its on some kind of postal route or if you live on an island, then has some sort of post office.

Last edited:

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
I think:

RBY: Mew
GSC: Celebi
RSE: Feebas (yes,its hard ): )
DP: Spiritomb and feebas again.

mangaeyes

RBY: Mew
GSC: Celebi
RSE: Milotic is harder than Feebas...
DPP: Spiritomb if your a loner or have no wifi...

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
Each Pokemon game has a small cute legendary that's super rare, and can't be caught directly from the game. In Red/Blue it was Mew, Gold/Silver it was Celebi, Ruby/Sapphire it was Jirachi, but what about Diamond/Pearl? Was it Manaphy or Shaymin?

I say shaymin that is hard to get but in red/blue mew is in the wild when you do something, which is a cheat but I got mew without game shark

luckyporygon

praise helix fossil
yeah, you could get mew with something called the "Mew Glitch" but it wasn't oficial or anything and that's not the question. we all know that mew is the "super-cute uncatchable" pokemon of the first gen. and this is another example that 4th gen had too many legendarys! two "super-cute uncatchable" pokemon? that's not consistent... it's also not consistent that neither of the 4th gen "super-cute uncatchable" pokemon had psychic as one of there types. i really don't know which i think it is... but i think i've gotten my point across.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Both Manaphy and Shaymin would fit since you are talking about Pokemon with 100 in each of their base stats. Phione would not count for this reason.

Zaralt

4x Pokemon Master
It's Shaymin. Manaphy is clearly obtainable in another game, and not through any nintendo event, to add to that. All of Mew (excluding the newly introduced Pokemon Ranch), Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin all needed nintendo events to unlock them.

In addition, Manaphy has another form, well, not a form, but a spawn. This removes it from the previously stated category because this is an abnormality that the MC and J don't have. As far as power and stats go, that shouldn't be a concern, because the question is whether or not it belongs in the cute, super-legendary team in a formulaic pattern as the other three did. Also, with the news of a second Manaphy in the next Pokemon Ranch, this makes it even less likely to be seen as so rare.

You could argue that it's Manaphy simply by the fact that it retains similar proportions and shapes to the other three, but then, you'd have to consider Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf. Just because the body shape emulates the others doesn't mean they were put into that pattern.

The only major difference with Shaymin, as opposed to the other three, is that it's not at the end of the numbering sequence for that series, Arceus is. Truly, if we were going with this logic alone, Arceus would be the feesable choice. But, seeing as we've narrowed it to a "cute" pokemon, the answer is obvious.

Manaphy is much more obtainable and retains breeding abilities that are ultimately its own. For the reasons and more, I say Shaymin is the true super-rare, cute legendary for the fourth series. ;492;