• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Are the trainers in the secret base has their pokemon set to level 50 when you enter their base? If so, what happens if you you use that level up device thing?

Rakurai

The level release simply allows their Pokemon to be up to level 100.

cip

Does anyone have any idea why I can only get buzznav updates for secret bases like once every three days? Everyone I talk to gets them every 8 like clockwork. I'm not messing with my clock. I'm not staying in one spot when I connect. I just never get the buzznav updates.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
If one does double battle rules do you get four pokemon chosen or still three? I've got a rain team I'd like to use but i wonder how the team setups work.

Whatever battle rules are used, you will battle only three Pokémon. I know that because I did a Double Battle yesterday.

Jughu

Ace trainer
But i think the biggest feature is the jukebox which can play music
To fit your scenery on your secret base and the blissey exp farm is also good because this

This is my base qr code

image.jpg

Halkel

Experimentalist
I seem to get most of my Secret Bases online. A lot of people use the Primal Reversions and Cosplay Pikachu. I also enjoy the hunts for bases more than hunting Shiny pokemon (Still want my Shiny Reshiram). I'm only at 50 flags currently, but I'm getting bases often so yay XD

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Does anyone know where I can find some really good gyms?

I've been searching heavily for some legit gyms, those reminiscent of in-game gyms, but I haven't had much luck. If anyone knows of any really good gyms, please let me know. Thanks! :D

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
How many times do I have to go in the trickmasters house to get the tent for my base

NeoPhantos

Would it not be possible for players to make use of the secret bases as they did back in RSE to have Smeargle learn movesets? Particularly: moves that are not normally obtainable by normal gameplay in any way:

Celebrate - Birthday Pokecenter Gift
-Does nothing competitively

Hold Hands - Special Vivillion
-Makes the Pokemon happy in team battles

Happy Hour - Pokemon Center In may JPN event
-Doubles prize money (accumulates with Lucky Coin, Luck Incense, and Pay Day)

Hold Back - Event Beldum or Event Celeby
-Alternate False Swipe

V-Create - Victini or Event Rayquaza
-very powerful fire move

Doom Desire - Jirachi
-Steel type attack in two turns

Heart Swap - Manaphy
-exchanges status changes with target

Dark Void - Darkrai
-Puts multiple Pokemon to sleep

Seed Flare - Shaymin
-powerful grass type move that may lower SpDef

Judgment - Arceus
-strong attack whose type depends on equipped plate

Relic Song - Meloetta
-normal damage with chance to put to sleep all

TechnoBlast - Genesect
-strong attack dependent on the equipped Drive

Secret Sword - Keldeo
-Special attack that deals physical damage

Diamond Storm - Diancie
-deals damage and may raise PhDef

It would be interesting to have these moves available, even if their signature Pokemon are not, no?

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Does anyone know where I can find some really good gyms?

I've been searching heavily for some legit gyms, those reminiscent of in-game gyms, but I haven't had much luck. If anyone knows of any really good gyms, please let me know. Thanks! :D

I was thinking about hosting an electric type gym, with the 'minor' legends, i.e. Zapdos, Raikou and Thundurus, just need to be buy all the gear first. Your gym is very good.

Alternatively I was thinking of making the secret meadow into a new Pokemon league, with strong teams of minor legends.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I was thinking about hosting an electric type gym, with the 'minor' legends, i.e. Zapdos, Raikou and Thundurus, just need to be buy all the gear first. Your gym is very good.

Alternatively I was thinking of making the secret meadow into a new Pokemon league, with strong teams of minor legends.

Sweet, and thanks!

Since you plan to have an Electric-type gym, you should collect Guitarists as secret pals, since they have Electric teams. You can take my guy as a Secret Pal if you want.

Sweet, and thanks!

Since you plan to have an Electric-type gym, you should collect Guitarists as secret pals, since they have Electric teams. You can take my guy as a Secret Pal if you want.

You can also make me a secert pal too :) (I have 2 codes in the QR code theread)

Electric gyms would be cool since you have lots of decorations to work with (as long as you dont mind it being heavy on the pikachu line lol)

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Pretty sure the AI in your base use whatever Pokemon they picked when sharing their base. Not sure about whether if that person changes Pokemon, they get automatically updated on your base or you have to reshare the QR code...

Actually the AI have preset teams sadly. Which is somewhat of a bummer when the AI is using thing like Shroomish.

Actually the AI have preset teams sadly. Which is somewhat of a bummer when the AI is using thing like Shroomish.

Yea I wish each secret pal/grunt had 3 preset teams. That way you can switch from having easy baby pokemon, mid evolution pokemon, and fully evolved pokemon.

On another note: Its gonna take a long long time to get to 500 flags ._. (Im at 150 now)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Luckily, since I have a Ghost-type gym, it's not that bad. I collected Hex Maniacs to help authenticate the gym. I also have a Delinquent, which uses Dark types, but that's just to mix things up for the player.

Earlier today I saw a base with both the Red and Blue Tent, but from what I've seen that should be impossible. They also had all 3 Regi dolls, so I suspect they were hacked, but I can't help wondering what if they weren't? Is it possible to get both tents without cheating?

Luckily, since I have a Ghost-type gym, it's not that bad. I collected Hex Maniacs to help authenticate the gym. I also have a Delinquent, which uses Dark types, but that's just to mix things up for the player.

Lol I think we have the same set up (you should check out my base in the QR code thread :D). Ghost type gym with hex maniacs and female delinquents . Kinda wish I had picked May instead of Brendan that way I could be a hex maniac myself instead of a guitarist but oh well.

Im still in the middle of the delta episode so I have no relevant pokemon in my team yet but ill start catching and EV training my ghost team soon :)

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

Yeah that got me really good actually xD
Also found out that the Flags don't respawn after 24 hours, but rather at the START of each day (12 Midnight). So for those who thought you had to wait until 9:00PM the next day to collect flags again if that's when you picked them up the day before, just wait 3 hours untill midnight and they should be back :). Changing the clock obviously doesn't respawn them, and causes you to miss a day of flag gathering so don't do it! That is all. :p