• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

jjbean

Steel Master
I remember where my original secret base was. It was just outside fortree city under the bridge with kecleon and its going to be there in ORAS.

Unredemption

I agree. At this point I think we can assume that we aren't getting trainer customization.

I find it hard to believe they won't bring back character customization, especially seeing as there's many ways that could fit in well with ORAS - could even be part of Contests + acting as your unique avatar in Super Secret Bases, to name a few.

That aside, I do hope they've come up with many different ways to obtain the decorations. Expanding on the surprise Lilycove Rooftop Sale would be pretty awesome too.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I wonder how we'll determine the pokemon we use in our gym/base. Like, maybe it'll be a Battle Box thing?

jjbean

Steel Master
in the original ruby and sapphire when you created the base the pokemon you carried at the time were the ones used in the battles.

in the original ruby and sapphire when you created the base the pokemon you carried at the time were the ones used in the battles.

But we have better technology now. The Battle Box, as stated above, would be perfect imo.

Zoldakin

I wonder how we'll determine the pokemon we use in our gym/base. Like, maybe it'll be a Battle Box thing?

They might ask you which members you want to use and you'll be able to pick form your party and the battle box like at the maison.

koolacea

koolacea
The capture the flag will be much easier now. (from DP's underground bases) And with special battle rules and traps I can sot of create my own gym!

shadowF

I wonder if we have to choose a type in our gym or we can just do any pokemon?

thatdude53

My wish is for an azumarill and a tyranitar doll! Yes indeed!

MDS777

The name's Riley
I'm really looking forward to secret bases in ORAS. I never really messed around with the secret bases in the originals, but I quite enjoyed it.

The thing I'm really looking forward to about the secret bases is the connectivity features and, of course, the decorations.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My wish is for an azumarill and a tyranitar doll! Yes indeed!

I kind of hope that there are dolls of each Pokemon, but that would probably require a lot of data and space in the game cartridge. Alas. I guess a wider variety of Secret Base decorations in general would be sufficient.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
IIRC, we got Azurill and Marill Doll in R/S/E, so Azumarill Doll in OR/AS is quite likely.
Maybe we finally can complete the line this time :p

jjbean

Steel Master
Maybe they will do a combination of friend safari and secret bases where you go to a secret base have a battle and then can catch 3 different pokemon in the base similar to the friend safari.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I doubt they'd make it possible to Catch Pokemon in there, though it would be interesting, to say the least.
Dolls for each Pokemon sounds like an awesome idea! But as long as I get my Kanto starter-Dolls, I'm happy. It seems a bit much making over 700 different Dolls, imo.

I doubt they'd make it possible to Catch Pokemon in there, though it would be interesting, to say the least.

I agree: I don't think we'll see anything like that, but it's a nice idea. They could even do it through the decoration system, by making breakable rocks (for bases in caves), short/tall grass (for grass), and flowers (for trees) available.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Maybe they will do a combination of friend safari and secret bases where you go to a secret base have a battle and then can catch 3 different pokemon in the base similar to the friend safari.

That really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Secret Bases never had Pokemon, and even looking at them now there's no grass or anything.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
I wonder if we can set specific elements of our base, such as how light/dark it is? It'd be cool to have to use lamps to navigate a base!