• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

lavanda

Really feeling it
I wonder how good the AI would be for Gym battles of your Secret Base.
Likely regular NPC battle. Doubt they will implement Battle Facility level since the trainers there seem to be based on specific strategies rather than actual AI.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I can see videos of amazing teams for SSBasesgetting ruined by entrainment durant abuse due to the game terrible AI. Godbye to your awesome monitype gym bro the ai will make it worse than youngster joey. Where is your top percent rattata now?

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I'm interested to see if you can along side building your own gym, if you can challenge it too, not just a friends. Having the QR system is nice, but then that way you can constantly make new challenges for yourself, such as a Mono type gym, and you use the type(s) that are weak to it only. That would be kind of cool.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Too much? Majority of the features were the same as before:

- You can decorate your own base like before.
- Mixing Records were simply upgraded to utilize 3DS features. GBA had limited connectivity, but now you can connect worldwide with the help of StreetPass and QR Codes.
- Secret Pals, aren't technically new, since it's basically an equivalent replacement to Join Avenue/O-Powers.
- Capture the Flag was a feature introduced in Gen 4. The concept is not really new.
- Battling trainers were already present in the original. The ability to set your own battle rules and add trainers are the new features here.

You still think it's overwhelming?

Really? And with Streetpass, it seems too much for a Pokemon Game. Then again, thats just my opinion.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I'm really excited with the possibility of having my own gym, but I don't expect too much in terms of customization. The obstacles and traps you can put will probably be very generic, like the arrows on the floor or the stairs, so don't get your hopes up in having the super detailed gym you always dreamt of.

Still, it's an awesome feature that I never expected GF to implement. I'm looking forward to building a Ghost type gym. But I have 2 main questions right now:

1- Will the gym leader - us - be always an NPC, actually ourselves, or even both maybe?
2- How will the other trainer thing work? You create them, give them a sprite and name, and then give them Pokémon you currently possess? Or maybe you have to recruit them from actual NPC trainers outside?

Unredemption

2- How will the other trainer thing work? You create them, give them a sprite and name, and then give them Pokémon you currently possess? Or maybe you have to recruit them from actual NPC trainers outside?

That'd be an interesting concept to work with. Another idea: perhaps the more trainers you recruited, more traps/puzzles would be available for use,you could use more Pokemon for your gym, and the level cap for your gym's Pokemon would be increased - just like how gyms gradually progress to higher difficulties in the game.

confuser987

What would the battle background will be like? Will it have the non-standard wifi scenery like having a cave scene? Do we have a "treehouse" battle background yet?

Numberc101

I wonder if you'll be able to choose a gym team of pokemon you already have at any level or if the game will just generate a team based on your freind code or something else like that.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
If we can give Gym trainers our Pokemon, I'll make a Blissey gym. All Lv100 and knowing just Healing Wish. :p

That is of course if we still gain EXP in them...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I hope we will be able to create a gym leader type speech for our character in secret base. Two or three lines of our own text to make it even more personalised.

That would be really cool.

Considering I plan to have my gym based on the concept of afterlife, I'd like for me/the gym leader to have quotes on how Ghost pokemon represent life after death.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What would the battle background will be like? Will it have the non-standard wifi scenery like having a cave scene? Do we have a "treehouse" battle background yet?

We haven't seen any footage or screenshots of SSB battles yet so, we don't know if we can customize it, or if it will have a default battleground.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I am still scared about the ai making a smartly build team into complete setup bait.

shadowF

im making a shiny gym! however how many pokemon can we choose in our team? also the team we choose can we still use those pokemon when someone is battling our gym or will pur pokemon be locked in our gym and we cant use them?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
im making a shiny gym! however how many pokemon can we choose in our team? also the team we choose can we still use those pokemon when someone is battling our gym or will pur pokemon be locked in our gym and we cant use them?

Considering Pokémon R/S/E you can use as much Pokémon as you want in your team and they don't end up locked in your Super Secret Base. You simply register a team and that's it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I am still scared about the ai making a smartly build team into complete setup bait.

Yeah, it is kind of scary wondering if the AI will battle like we do, which they likely won't.

However, as long as we appropriate the specific movesets of our choosing, the AI could very well use them efficiently. We won't know until we're there.

CanadianGuyEh

I'd probably make mine into a Dragon-like Secret base, using my Shiny Dragon types (which i'm trying to gather, only got Haxorus, Noivern & now Garchomp... gonna try n get a Shiny Charizard next) as a gym leader :D

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
I'll probably be using a Fighting-Type Gym, with Mega Lucario serving as my Ace in the hole. I've got Six Fighting Types prepared to serve as my Team, though my biggest weakness would be someone bringing a Talonflame and Spamming Brave Bird till the end of time, I need to find a way around that. I'm still undecided on what kind of theme my Fighting Gym could have though. Anyway, considering that Lucario is gonna be my Fighting Bases' Ace, I'm hoping for a Lucario themed Decoration to show up here, the Litwick and Stunfisk decorations give me hope, as it means Pokemon not native to Hoenn could get a Decoration modeled after them.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'll probably be using a Fighting-Type Gym, with Mega Lucario serving as my Ace in the hole. I've got Six Fighting Types prepared to serve as my Team, though my biggest weakness would be someone bringing a Talonflame and Spamming Brave Bird till the end of time, I need to find a way around that. I'm still undecided on what kind of theme my Fighting Gym could have though. Anyway, considering that Lucario is gonna be my Fighting Bases' Ace, I'm hoping for a Lucario themed Decoration to show up here, the Litwick and Stunfisk decorations give me hope, as it means Pokemon not native to Hoenn could get a Decoration modeled after them.

To solve the Talonflame problem, I would suggest maximizing Lucario's speed and teaching it Rock Slide or Stone Edge. It could work well.

Last edited: