• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

Durbe

I'm tired

ZMasters

Is there a list of how each individual secret base looks yet? Or are they exactly the same as in the original Ruby Sapphire games?

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
I don not understand how people find my base or how I find other people's bases???

pyroteddy123

Wonder Trainer
Or are they exactly the same as in the original Ruby Sapphire games?
Unfortunately, they're not. I went to the location of my old secret base but found a more claustrophobic layout. It's sad. The location was perfect :(

Last edited:

Durbe

I'm tired
I don not understand how people find my base or how I find other people's bases???

I'm not sure what you mean, find their base or obtain their base in your game?
By the former, use your PokeNav's map. By the latter, you can obtain other's bases via QR Code or by passing by them (through StreetPass or PSS, it'll update at a certain time of the day when the BuzzNav shows new notifications).

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Unfortunately, they're not. I went to the location of my old secret base but found a more claustrophobic layout. It's sad. The location was perfect :(

Indeed some of the locations did get altered a bit, and some I was hoping they would revamp more.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
I'm not sure what you mean, find their base or obtain their base in your game?
By the former, use your PokeNav's map. By the latter, you can obtain other's bases via QR Code or by passing by them (through StreetPass or PSS, it'll update at a certain time of the day when the BuzzNav shows new notifications).

What's the difference between finding somebody's base and obtaining their base in my game?

That's good to know it works with PSS and not just local streetpass.

How am I suppose to scan QR codes? Like when somebody has it in their signature on the forums?

pyroteddy123

Wonder Trainer
What's the difference between finding somebody's base and obtaining their base in my game?

That's good to know it works with PSS and not just local streetpass.

How am I suppose to scan QR codes? Like when somebody has it in their signature on the forums?

Essentially, you have to have their secret base in your game before finding it.

You can scan QR codes when you access your secret base PC, then choose Manage QR code patterns>find a secret base.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Essentially, you have to have their secret base in your game before finding it.

You can scan QR codes when you access your secret base PC, then choose Manage QR code patterns>find a secret base.

Ok, I think I get it... last Q... do I have to create myself a new QR code every time I make a new secret base?

EDIT: Tried scanning your QR code in your sig and it would not read it no matter how many ways and times I tried.

Last edited:

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Is there an easier way to get to your own secret base besides actually travelling there? For instance can you just teleport there somehow? I found this cool spot in some random place but it's a nightmare to get to, considering changing it because of this >.<

EDIT: Also another question...is anyone else having problems scanning QR codes from other bases? I've been trying multiple ones within the past hour and only 2 bases managed to scan properly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if the camera just isn't good enough?

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Ok, I think I get it... last Q... do I have to create myself a new QR code every time I make a new secret base?

EDIT: Tried scanning your QR code in your sig and it would not read it no matter how many ways and times I tried.

Make sure you're doing it in the game with your Secret Base PC, and not with the 3DS camera. I've had that problem myself.

Is there an easier way to get to your own secret base besides actually travelling there? For instance can you just teleport there somehow? I found this cool spot in some random place but it's a nightmare to get to, considering changing it because of this >.<

You can always fly to the route itself. Find that route's sign post, read it, and you can fly there whenever you want. Often times, the sign post is near a base, which could be yours.

chibiowl

Sigh, does increasing rank increase the number of items you can put in the base? Because I don't have enough space to put everything I want, especially with all those small panels I want to set up.

Durbe

I'm tired
For the issue with scanning QR codes: Remember to match up the three squares with the squares of the QR code, too. Otherwise, it won't register.

Sigh, does increasing rank increase the number of items you can put in the base? Because I don't have enough space to put everything I want, especially with all those small panels I want to set up.

I just got upgraded to Bronze rank, but no. It comes with a con and that is there's more things you'd want to put up now.

The major issue with the item limit is that a QR code can only hold about 3Kb of information at most. So in 3 KB you have to list, the location, the names and slogans, all the items in your base and their location/direction, all the trainers, pokemon names, items and abilities.

So sadly using QR codes is probably the major limiting factor here. Any other method would have required nintendo to run yet another server and I doubt they wanted to do that.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Are the prices for items the same as they used to be? Decorations haven't shot up in price, have they?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
They all seem to be between 500 and 3000, which isn't that bad. It's pretty easy to accumulate money, so there shouldn't be a problem buying up what you need.

Thanks. Heck, that's bit cheaper than they used to be.

Cellfaction

Guys, I need some help,
What do I have to do to upgrade my rank?
Do I need to scan QR codes in order to have bases in my game and capture their flags?