• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

Durbe

I'm tired
Guys, I need some help,
What do I have to do to upgrade my rank?
Do I need to scan QR codes in order to have bases in my game and capture their flags?

Yep. You require to wait until the next day via QR codes, though. Changing your 3DS time will only make you wait for another 24 hours.
Another method is by passing by others, just leave your PSS connected to the Internet and wait for your BuzzNav to give you new notifications, then open it and tap on the mailbox. You'll get secret bases and from there you can visit them and immediately snag their flags.
Sometimes when you recruit people that already have a good amount of flags, they'll give you some. One of mine gave me 9 flags earlier.

Cellfaction

Yep. You require to wait until the next day via QR codes, though. Changing your 3DS time will only make you wait for another 24 hours.
Another method is by passing by others, just leave your PSS connected to the Internet and wait for your BuzzNav to give you new notifications, then open it and tap on the mailbox. You'll get secret bases and from there you can visit them and immediately snag their flags.
Sometimes when you recruit people that already have a good amount of flags, they'll give you some. One of mine gave me 9 flags earlier.

Thank you so much, then I will beat the elite four, and then dedicate exclusively to work on secret bases.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Thank you so much, then I will beat the elite four, and then dedicate exclusively to work on secret bases.

Another good piece of info is that we can continuously obtain flags from the same bases. I currently have fifteen bases in my game. Each day I collect fifteen flags. With that, I should reach Silver Rank by this upcoming Sunday.

shadowF

how many QR codes can we scan? is there a limit of bases we can go to?

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Not sure if this was asked, but I need someone's assistance. A passerby's secret base appeared so I : battled, collected a flay, etc. Does anyone know how i would remove that person because I really like the spot/space of that secret base. Or is it too late because i entered the secret base (so the spots already taken?)

pyroteddy123

Wonder Trainer
Not sure if this was asked, but I need someone's assistance. A passerby's secret base appeared so I : battled, collected a flay, etc. Does anyone know how i would remove that person because I really like the spot/space of that secret base. Or is it too late because i entered the secret base (so the spots already taken?)

You can delete secret bases in your Secret Base PC.

truebluexx

LittleBoyBlue
I have a few questions about Super Secret Bases. Maybe some of them have been answered already, but I only went back a few pages.

1. How does the game determine your battle team? I'm assuming it is the team you have with you when you make your QR Code?

2. How many pokemon get used when visitors challenge you? Do they face your whole team? (Somebody on gamefaqs said they DO fight your whole team, can anyone else confirm this?)

3. Assuming that your current team is used, what happens if you are using game sync? Does game sync automatically create a new QR Code every time you save your game while syncing? Or does it only use the last generated QR code? If it creates a new QR Code, does it then use your current party?

4. If your friends use game sync and their base is synced, do you download their new base info when you sync your game? (I'm hopeful and doubtful about this one, but if anybody can confirm it?)

5. Can your pokemon hold items? (Somebody on gamefaqs said they CAN hold items, can anyone else confirm this?)

6. Assuming they can hold items, can visitors steal these items? Or can your pokemon use bestow to give the item to the visitors? Or do all items obtained this way get returned after battle?

ThisIsPatrick

I'm looking for trainers for my Super Secret Base. I don't mind who, But if your team has Legendaries on it let me know!

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I have a few questions about Super Secret Bases. Maybe some of them have been answered already, but I only went back a few pages.

1. How does the game determine your battle team? I'm assuming it is the team you have with you when you make your QR Code?

2. How many pokemon get used when visitors challenge you? Do they face your whole team? (Somebody on gamefaqs said they DO fight your whole team, can anyone else confirm this?)

3. Assuming that your current team is used, what happens if you are using game sync? Does game sync automatically create a new QR Code every time you save your game while syncing? Or does it only use the last generated QR code? If it creates a new QR Code, does it then use your current party?

4. If your friends use game sync and their base is synced, do you download their new base info when you sync your game? (I'm hopeful and doubtful about this one, but if anybody can confirm it?)

5. Can your pokemon hold items? (Somebody on gamefaqs said they CAN hold items, can anyone else confirm this?)

6. Assuming they can hold items, can visitors steal these items? Or can your pokemon use bestow to give the item to the visitors? Or do all items obtained this way get returned after battle?

In terms of 5) and 6) The answers are yes, and no. Apparently items that are stolen are returned afterwards, while Pokemon hold the item at the time of the QR code creation I believe.
Also worth noting after the match with a base leader, your Pokemon are restored to full health.

truebluexx

LittleBoyBlue
I'm looking for trainers for my Super Secret Base. I don't mind who, But if your team has Legendaries on it let me know!

This is my Secret Base, its located just outside the safari zone in the cliff to the south.

I have Rayquaza and 5 other high level pokemon.

BfHdGIe.jpg

truebluexx

LittleBoyBlue
In terms of 5) and 6) The answers are yes, and no. Apparently items that are stolen are returned afterwards, while Pokemon hold the item at the time of the QR code creation I believe.
Also worth noting after the match with a base leader, your Pokemon are restored to full health.

Aww well that sucks.

Lord_Chucklebutt

10 year veteran
Anyone remember when instead of stairs, we had to wait for the like 1/100 chance the department store would have a sale, and buy a bridge to get farther into a base? they kinda nerfed it...

Omega Sapphire

Just wanted to let everyone know:

Here are the codes for the developer's secret bases.

1. Took awhile for my DS to scan the code. Don't give up!
2. You can only have one. To visit another you have to delete the current.
3. http://imgur.com/PfM1soT
4. Behind the locked door in Mossdeep.

DSDark

Breeder
My QR is located in my sig. Right now It's set to Greninja, Talonflame, and Garchomp