• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

Eldéen

Yveltal96

A little more human
I saw someone ask this question but it doesn't seem answered: does your secret base use your in-game team or your battle box? Can you choose?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Reposting here since its a more subject focused place to do so:

So in Serebii's Secret Base section, it mentions being able to Street Pass someone on your friends list with whom their Secret Base is already registered, in order to get a large lump of flags. My question is, how do you get this to work? I had my cousin over the other day and we both tried closing our 3DS' to do a proper Street Pass and the green light never went off, and thus I when I went to his base I didn't get more than just one flag. Anyone know whats up?

naudna

I recently went to a few bases which look dimmer than usual. I've looked at their decorations but couldn't notice anything that may darken the base. Would really appreciate if someone can help me out here.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I recently went to a few bases which look dimmer than usual. I've looked at their decorations but couldn't notice anything that may darken the base. Would really appreciate if someone can help me out here.

The Worn-Out Lamp can dim the light of a base by being turned off.

Creyk

I have a question
What happens when I have more people registered for the same Secret Base location?
Can there only be 1 person in 1 location (therefore limiting the number of Secret Bases we can go to) or can we choose whose base to go into when we approach the entrance?

I have a question
What happens when I have more people registered for the same Secret Base location?
Can there only be 1 person in 1 location (therefore limiting the number of Secret Bases we can go to) or can we choose whose base to go into when we approach the entrance?

Unless you add that person into your Favorite's list they will be replaced by the second person you street/spotpass with a Base in that location.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I have a question: if you change team/location of your secret base... how do you update the info?

Kuraitamashii

Hello, I haven't found an answer to this question after reading through the posts. [I might have over looked it] Do you get more flags if you have registered friends as secret base pals, or do you get the same number of flags if they are just street pass secret pals? I ask because I have gotten up to 28 flags from my pals before.[more from my street pass pals than friends]

[Also, out of place question, but which thread would be the best one to discuss adding friends to help collect flags?]

54635f20-77fc-11e4-a514-0adb4ca3f454.png

Ignore my current team (I will work on it post game) but tell me what you think of my dark/ghost theme gym ^_^ (still missing a few things tho)

Also trainer classes that we should have been able to choose from!

HVlbD40.png
NjQB58U.png
xrMndKM.png
bOwn5Cr.png

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm starting to prefer Uber-gyms over other base gyms.

They seem to provide a great challenge, even at a lower level. I just went through a Bug-type gym featuring Mega Heracross, Arceus, and Genesect. It was amazing!

Also, I am proposing the creation of a gym league to coincide with the second Elite Four challenge. Since trainers can be battlee again, the whole thing can be considered a second journey.

The following is a mock list of possible levels and locations for such a league. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Gym I
Type: ???
Max Level: 55

Gym II
Max Level: 57

Gym III
Max Level: 60

Gym IV
Max Level: 62

Gym V
Max Level: 64

Gym VI
Max Level: 66

Gym VII
Max Level: 69

Gym VIII
Max Level: 71

Last edited:
Question:

1. Im sure the answer is no, but if you scan a QR code and eneter there base in game can you get there flag that same day? (or do you have to wait till the next)
2. Any fast-ish way to get too 100 flags @.@ (I want that jukebox)

Meh, I just set up my base to resemble a one-bedroom apartment. No gym, no battles, no tricks of any kind. Every doll, mat, object, and appliance has something to do with my teams from my previous games. It's in Secret Meadow, and it's one of those two-story ones requiring the Stairs. Two of the QR codes I scanned from the QR code sharing thread were in the same spot as mine, so it seems to be a popular spot in which to build a secret base. I wanted to build it in Secret Islet, but that space was tiny, so I had to move elsewhere. I'm very happy with the way my base is set up, and the location in which I built it, despite its apparent popularity.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I'm in love with my water-type based secret base. It's honoring my good sis Greninja. I'm a male swimmer while my secret pals are a swimmer, thug, delinquent, ninja boy and ace trainer.

I have a question though, a secret pal can give you flags once a day? Or is it dependant on how many flags that player gets in a full day?