• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

Rakurai

Earlier today I saw a base with both the Red and Blue Tent, but from what I've seen that should be impossible. They also had all 3 Regi dolls, so I suspect they were hacked, but I can't help wondering what if they weren't? Is it possible to get both tents without cheating?

It isn't possible, they're just cheaters.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Oh nuts, I'm all out of bases with flags to steal for now... and I'm at 499 flags. This is one of those "OH COME ON" moments.

That almost happened to me with the Silver Rank. I almost ended up with 99 flags, then out of the blue the developer bases showed up, and I got my 100th flag! Thank you GameFreak! :D

Haar

Humble Soldier
That almost happened to me with the Silver Rank. I almost ended up with 99 flags, then out of the blue the developer bases showed up, and I got my 100th flag! Thank you GameFreak! :D

Developer bases? When (and how) did those show up?

I had a similar experience... I got 98 flags, and just before retiring for the night I decided to order my base's minions around... Turns out, the Ace Trainer was stashing away 7 flags for me. :p

naudna

Yay I finally finished collecting 1000 flags. Weekends are great for flag hunting, because there are more players collecting flags and going online to the PSS to share them. Personally, I got 500 flags in 3 days.

Haar

Humble Soldier
I hate when other players block there flag ._.

I've had two instances of that so far, I find myself deleting them on my next trip back to my own secret base.
Almost had a third before I realized the yellow direction tricks deplete after a while. I swear, some of those trick panels, and the Kecleons are just plain annoying.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I hate when other players block there flag ._.

Is that even possible? Since you stand at you computer when decorating your base, that means if someone can't get to your flag, then the person who made the base can't get out of there own base, and even if they somehow can, they can't edit it at future dates.

Ice Lock

Hello!
Is that even possible? Since you stand at you computer when decorating your base, that means if someone can't get to your flag, then the person who made the base can't get out of there own base, and even if they somehow can, they can't edit it at future dates.

Yeah, it's possible if you place where your trainer spawns near the PC and surround it with objects. Then the only way you can get it is if you make that player a serect pal.

I haven't tried it myself, but I'll assume it works since you can't see your own player spawn when you are in your base which means you still get access to the PC. I've seen a couple of bases like this...Players really should be punished for this sort of thing, but oh well. Delete and move on.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My Secret Base in Alpha Sapphire is so bland at the moment. It pretty much just has the common Dolls and other basic furniture since I don't have enough money to splurge on Secret Base stuff right now. I haven't even collected Flags yet either.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, it's possible if you place where your trainer spawns near the PC and surround it with objects. Then the only way you can get it is if you make that player a serect pal.

I haven't tried it myself, but I'll assume it works since you can't see your own player spawn when you are in your base which means you still get access to the PC. I've seen a couple of bases like this...Players really should be punished for this sort of thing, but oh well. Delete and move on.

I hadn't even considered that.

On that topic, I'm glad that flag collecting wasn't made to be a competition, like back in Sinnoh where, at least my friends and I, built our bases in order to stop our flags from being taken.

Also, I've decided that for my Dragon Gym, I want to use Poke Maniacs as grunts, since they wear Charizard costumes. Only problem is that I have yet to see anyone who's a Poke Maniac. If any is one, or knows of one, please tell me.

Haar

Humble Soldier

On that topic, I'm glad that flag collecting wasn't made to be a competition, like back in Sinnoh where, at least my friends and I, built our bases in order to stop our flags from being taken.

Also, I've decided that for my Dragon Gym, I want to use Poke Maniacs as grunts, since they wear Charizard costumes. Only problem is that I have yet to see anyone who's a Poke Maniac. If any is one, or knows of one, please tell me.

Good luck with that... I hardly see players who aren't Ace Trainers besides a few Ninja Boys here, a couple of Hex Maniacs there...
I decided to go with Pokemon Ranger but my mind is teetering towards Street Thug (Even though IMO the face is ugly :p ). I didn't really care about any particular theme to my base, and all I wanted in the trainers was the ability to have all "skills" available for use. Meh, at least I can say I'm content with how it turned out, but...

I wish we could place more objects as our rank increases. The layout of mine, which is the one with a winding hallway connecting a smaller entry room with a larger one, leaves too much for decoration space. I feel like placing just some mats in the hallway left me with little to do for both of the rooms, and they're both a bit more barren than I like. However this was my secret base from Sapphire, I'm used to it, it felt more like home than any other secret base layout, and I'm too attached to it to try something else at this point. Maybe I'm just disappointed that posters don't have a separate use count since they and that artwork thing are the only wall ornaments.

Another thing that's bothering me is the Pokemon that the Secret Base owner uses. Is it the first three in the party when the data is sent via passerby? I imagine it's easier for QR since the data is embedded into the code (so we can choose which Pokemon we'll have there), but for other methods it just seems outright thoughtless that my team has a low level Shuppet and Amulet Coin Breloom (etc) just because those two are top of my party when someone and I happen to share passerby data. Maybe have a feature to register a team or something, I dunno...

Geez, that got a bit longer than I thought it would.

Draw

Bad Trainer
Is there anything you need to do so your secret pals give you extra flags? I've added people with bronze/silver flags to my base, interacted with npc-players who say they have been flag hunting etc. (but then they give you a zigzag cushion!) and added those... still nothing. My flaghunt is going very slow >.< .Is there something else I can do, or am I simply unlucky?

naudna

Is there anything you need to do so your secret pals give you extra flags? I've added people with bronze/silver flags to my base, interacted with npc-players who say they have been flag hunting etc. (but then they give you a zigzag cushion!) and added those... still nothing. My flaghunt is going very slow >.< .Is there something else I can do, or am I simply unlucky?

I think the additional requirement is to have streetpassed the owner of those bases. I did the same thing as you initially: Add bases with higher tier flags to my list, visit them, invite them to be secret pals, and talk to them in my base. Did all those for days but did not get a single bonus flag.

Then I changed my approach and got 500 flags in 3 days. What I did was to turn on the PSS every 8 hours to get streetpassed bases, and I received bonus flags from many of those bases when I invited the NPC to be secret pals and talked to them in my base. For example, if you add my secret base from my QR code, you are unlikely to be able to get bonus flags when you talk to my NPC in your base, because your game has not streetpassed mine.

Last edited:

Mr G W

Insect power
Here how flags seem to work:
- Random passerby pals will give you their flags of the last day until you somehow pass them again randomly, which is unlikely.
- QR codes will not grant any flags upon scanning, however if they appear online as a passerby or as a friend then their bases will update and thus grant you the daily flags.

As such, the best way to go is to scan a base and add that person as both friends and secret pal so their base updates regularly and thus you gain their daily flags.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

But man, have you played a 1on1 one fest of trying to steal each others flags?

That **** was the greatest...lol i never tried to collect flags so having them stolen from me wasn't a problem for me I guess.

Aetius

Is there someone here on Serebii who has a Swimmer as his avatar?
If possible I would like to create a Water type gym, with Kyogre (Primal or not), Ludicolo and Swampert.
I would probably use one of the bases that can be found in the Secret Bay, a perfect location in my opinion, considering that it's surrounded by the sea and gives a tropical vibe. :D

Is there someone here on Serebii who has a Swimmer as his avatar?
If possible I would like to create a Water type gym, with Kyogre (Primal or not), Ludicolo and Swampert.
I would probably use one of the bases that can be found in the Secret Bay, a perfect location in my opinion, considering that it's surrounded by the sea and gives a tropical vibe. :D

If you (or anyone) are looking for specific avatars just google it or try looking at other forums that also shar QR codes. Im sure you will find a few :)

A water type gym is great, especially since there so many decoreations to choose from (same could be said about grass)

Speaking of decorations it would have been cool if there wehere team aqua & magma posters :)

Ice Lock

Hello!
I'm not sure how I want to make my secret base. I've got a few themes in my mind like have a base with a colour green theme, a house with icy objects all over the place (bit like ice hotels you see in cold regions) or a gym with a teleport puzzle to reach the gym leader. I've also managed to collect about over 120 flags so far.

Btw, do you get to keep the O-Powers you recieve from serect pals? Or is it temporary?