• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super-Secret Bases Discussion Thread

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I JUST NOW figured out there's a secret base in granite cave. I moved mine there. In other news, I'm only 75 flags from platinum rank! Ill post my QR code when I'm at platinum rank.

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
I really like how on the different routes, the layout and appearances of the bases and different, and the Make-Your-Own-Gym is an amazing idea, for creative thinking, fun, and training pokemon!

Vertea

Dunsparce Enthusiast
Still around the 360-ish flag count. I'm thinking about taking a break from flag hunting for a while. However, I've battled trainers with Legendaries that provided me with dex entries. Maybe I can get one of those charms in the first time in forever :)

I hear ya. So far, seen a Heatran, Thundurus, and a shiny weather trio this way.

I'm thinking I might just faint all the Ring legends, then reset them with the Elite4 to fill those Dex entries. I reeeeally want to SR for a couple of shinies, but without that charm, it's rough.
Of course, I'd be more than happy to post QR codes for the legendaries that I have, but I think I still gotta make a few posts for URL permissions.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm not really flag hunting, but finding people's Secret Bases around the region makes for a nice bit of exploring...

I personally find it more tedious than fun sometimes. Simply collecting flags and battling trainers at Bases lost its novelty to me a while ago and every other Secret Base is starting to look the same. I mostly just add Secret Pals to my Base these days.

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I must admit, once I hit platinum rank, I went out a picked out a team of pals to keep in my base. I ended up with five different types of trainers to get the biggest variety of abilities, while still having a large number with Pick Up Stones. In the end, three of the five have Pick Up Stones, while the two remaining have "Picking Up". That way I get six stones a day (most commonly everstones, but I did get four evolution stones today), and still have a tiny chance of getting a Master Ball... Well, technically it is five tiny chances, four in the base, and one in the lottery.

I still run around challenging other players bases, mostly because it helps be level up and evolve pokemon for my national dex, while at the same time giving me "Seen" status on various pokes, to help with my search on the GTS. This is how I have both Darkrai, Arceus, Diancie, and Mew as seen. :)
It also gives a more varied experience than just grinding Blissy bases. Prevents boredom.

Orithan

Quick question: How is the team that your character uses in your secret base selected?

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Quick question: How is the team that your character uses in your secret base selected?
I believe it's the first 3 Pokemon of your team, in the order of top to middle. Held Items are kept too.

Can Clearence Sales be found on BuzzNav? I am forever waiting :<
Clearance Sales happen every Saturday at the top of the Lilycove Dept. Store. :)

alakazam^

In what language does the Dex register other people's pokemon when you go visit their base?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
In what language does the Dex register other people's pokemon when you go visit their base?

Yours. Also, they are only registered as Seen. It is quite helpful when searching the GTS.
I currently have Darkrai, Arceus, and Diancie as seen. Surprising amount of Diancies on the GTS, but I am pretty sure that at least three of them are hacked...
I haven't seen any other Event only pokemon yet, well except for Fancy Pattern Vivillons.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Hey.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but..... I just started using secret bases and I added a couple of QR codes but when I go to these people's secret bases their flags are always gone. I'm confused.... Where are they?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ooh, jackpot. 55 flags from two people whose bases were a pain to navigate through. I hate warp pads and that...strange mat that makes you walk slowly around in a circle.

Hey.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but..... I just started using secret bases and I added a couple of QR codes but when I go to these people's secret bases their flags are always gone. I'm confused.... Where are they?

The flags, I believe, won't appear until the next day.

Puma Italia

Does anyone else not recruit people to their Secret Bases on purpose? I just know I'll find a couple of people who block their flags and make you recruit them, so I just recruit them, and delete them after I get their flag/check to see if they give me any extra flags. It's also pretty odd how people I see with silver/gold flags are more likely to block their own flags.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Does anyone else not recruit people to their Secret Bases on purpose? I just know I'll find a couple of people who block their flags and make you recruit them, so I just recruit them, and delete them after I get their flag/check to see if they give me any extra flags. It's also pretty odd how people I see with silver/gold flags are more likely to block their own flags.

I recruit everyone that has any flag in their count.

The silver/gold/platinum owners just know that they'll cause more frustration to their guests.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
People that actively block their flag get removed from my base list ASAP. I hate it, and as such I don't do it myself either.

I give you 3 choices, recruit me, pass on a square one trap and do 4 traps that make you walk in circles again, or just sit up and back on a chair hidden behind a snorlax doll to get my flag but apparently no one notices XD.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I give you 3 choices, recruit me, pass on a square one trap and do 4 traps that make you walk in circles again, or just sit up and back on a chair hidden behind a snorlax doll to get my flag but apparently no one notices XD.
At least you don't make it unreachable. Puzzles I have nothing against, quite the contrary. Puzzles are fun. :)