• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Sentai (The other side of Power Rangers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

I'm thinking about watching Ninninger. I haven't watched a Sentai show since Gokaiger, so this should be interesting.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Decided to give ToQGer another chance and... I love it. Episodes 32-34 were great episodes. They get their memories back in 33, 34 is a great Right/Hikari focused episode with an awesome fight bet between the two to see who can beat the most Crows up to the Shadow Kaijin's room, and 35 is a very hilarious Mio/Akira love episode with Tokatti getting jealous lol

Only 2 episodes left, and it's another Sentai year done. Gonna miss this cast too. Here's to hoping Ninninger is great.

rocky505

Ninninger's 6th Ranger could be based on a Cowboy by the looks of some rumored toy releases. Take with a grain of salt until images are released.

Releasing in April:

Shuriken Gattai BisonKing
Price- 6,800 yen

Description- Otomonin RodeoMaru and BisonBuggy Set. Combines with
Shurikenjin to create KingShurikenjin.

Releasing in May:

Henshin Device Ninja StarBurger
Price- 3,980 yen

Description- The 6th Ninninger, Starninger's weapon. It is shaped like a Hamburger.

Star Sword Gun
Price- 4,500 yen

Description- Starninger's weapon. Comes with the "Fuurai NinShuriken" (Wind and Thunder Nin Shuriken)

Releasing in June:

Otomonin Series 3 SurferMaru
Price- 2,800 yen

Description- Combines with Shurikenjin to create ShurikenjinSurfer

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
^haha yup! A hamburger morphed lol ShinkenGold had a Sushi Changer though, so it's not the first time for a food-based morpher. I love his design. It's essentially a tribute to Jiraiya's debut costume in Kakuranger. Here's to hoping for another American Sentai Ranger! I wonder though if he'll appear early like Uchy did, ~9 episodes in.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Another cowboy ninja sentai ranger. How cool. I love Jiraiya from Kakurangers. That being said, to sixth rangers always debut this early? I know it varies, but most I've seen come in laround ike the 20s episode mark. Maybe we'll be even more ninja sentai rangers. That would be cool.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
First Cowboy Ninja ranger. I guess you could say Jiraiya's costume in the beginning was just a stereotypical depiction of Americans, and he was still a Ninja after transforming. KyoryuGold is the earliest 6th to appear. They typically appear around ep 17, and the latest that has ever appeared is Episode 28, TimeFire of Timeranger. If Starninja is appearing so early in marketing, then hopefully this means there's a 7th or more. After Kyoryuger's giant cast, I was actually disappointed that ToQGer didn't have a 7th, to have the same amount of colors a rainbow has. I would have preferred Schwartz as Black rather than Light's very temporary evil change.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Dairanger's cool. At least PR-only fans will now know the White Ranger's original team.

Just found out StarNinger is debuting in April. That's the same month Ucchi debuted on Ep 9 (but didn't join the team until Ep 12 in early May). StarNinger could appear even earlier if he were to appear on the first two weeks of April, which would be on Eps 7-8.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So does Shuriken Sentai Ninninger air this Sunday? I know it got pushed back, but I am so anxious to see the new ninja sentai team. I can't wait. I hope this will be a good season. I want to be entertained as I was watching Kakurangers! Bring on the ninjas and their series. I also hope there will be a ninja based team up as well. Kinda like the dino sentai rangers got one. I also wonder what kinda dub from Power Rangers they would get? Hopefully something cool like Ninja Storm was PR-wise and not make them something weird like aliens that need water every two minutes. Oh my poor Kakurangers. Anyway I'm counting down the days for Ninninger!

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yup, Shuriken Sentai Ninninger "O Sanjou!"s this Ni NiNi, 2/22, also known as Ninja Day.

Here's the press introduction (not subbed) of the new group back in late January
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ysFAsBhxU
Red's, White's, and Pink's rollcalls are boring as feck, but DAT AoKi! So stylish! The stage is small, but they will have a larger area to do the rollcall in the show, so hopefully it's even more showy there.

Just watched the ToQGer's final station. When was the last time the main villain wasn't defeated by the last episode? It makes sense though, as Zet is going to be ToQ7号 in the summer movie, and I guess in the Ninninger vs ToQGer movie next year. Guess they'll also explain what exactly he did to Gritta then because she just comes in at the very last moment to save him. The rollcall was great though. Would have really preferred if they had stayed helmetless up until the group pose at least, but they had to wear helmets in the second part of their individual poses. The scene where they all met families again was all emotional. Overall, while the show did drag on with fillers upon fillers in the first half of the show, the pacing in the last half was really well done. Definitely not as bad as people who gave up on it say it is, and definitely was a fan of the show at the end.

Antiyonder

Overlord
Just a reminder, that Zyuranger has been out. Got my copy last Tuesday and had fun marathoning it. And if it sells well, Dairanger (and possibly Kakuranger) should be next.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Also a reminder, Ninninger has now premiered! Can't wait for the subs in a few days! Here's the (low quality) ending of the group dancing to the song.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7LA3MpsLgiE

Would be awesome to see fans dancing again, even if the song is not as catchy or the choreography not as good as Kyoryugers.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
While I haven't seen it subbed or anything, I have to say I did enjoy the first episode. It reminded me of Shinkenger, which I just recently watched. Kinda funny. The characters were fine. It was more of a action and introduction episode rather then a character one, so they'll be sure to get fleshed out more as the series goes. This is the first Super Sentai series I followed while it is airing. I'm excited.

HoennMaster

I know I'm a tad late tot he party, but I have finally been playing major catch-up with ToQger and although I never had a problem with the series at the start, it really does kick into high gear around episode 20. Loving what I have seen so far. Hoping to finish it next week so I can stay up to date with Ninninger.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

SmartD

I watched the first episode of Ninninger today. I was going to watch either Ninninger or Power Rangers Dino Charge and I chose Ninninger. The sound the swords make when they were going to transform was pretty cute.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I have been following Ninninger since it started and so far I'm enjoying what I am seeing. I just heard in the 7th episode, that Ninja Red and Hurricanger Red are going to appear. That's rather early. I'm not complaining. I hope the other ninjas Sentai appear as well for a big legendary teamup of ninjas.

Status
Not open for further replies.