• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Sentai

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
a discussion thread about Super Sentai.

it is a show that is known to be adapted into an american tv show called "Power Rangers"

a show that has Spawned 35 teams, from Himitsu Sentai Goranger (1975) to Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

so anyone here a fan of the show. lets discuss.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Inb4 Skiks.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I was waiting for something like this... I've started watching sentai like around September so I'm fairly new. On the topic of Gokaiger does any one else dislike Gokai green?

GalladeX

I'm planning on watching a couple episodes of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger to compare it to Power Rangers Samurai.

It seems like a really cool series, from what Skiks says about it.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Inb4 Skiks.
Well Played.
I love how I have touched so many souls an at least informed them Super Sentai exists. Also I don't have an issue with Don since he's basically Dr. Who inspired. Gokaiger is basically live action One Piece. I mean just look at Nami I mean Luka.
GokaiSilver showed up and he's basically a major bad *** despite being Genta redux. He's also a super sentai fanboy who just happened to be given the powers of the Sixth Gokaiger. So yeah I wish we could see the movie it looks really cool since it has a sequence of having every robo in existence fighting at the same time. Not as cool as the All Rider Kick but still neat.
Also love this villian hope he sticks around for a while:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YqhNvnFkE
Spoilers for episode 15.

Last edited:

SmartD

I like the franchise, I got interested when I discovered where Power Rangers gets its footage years ago. I watched Boukenger and Goseiger from beginning to end, and I'm currently watching Gokaiger; it's really good so far. My favorite opening songs are Bioman, Changeman, Flashman, Turboranger, Jetman, Dairanger, Ohranger, Carranger, Megaranger, Timeranger, Gaoranger, Hurricanger, Dekaranger, Boukenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, and Gokaiger.

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
I'm defienatly enjoying Gokaiger so far.

I have so far seen Abaranger - Goseiger. Abarekiller being my favorite hero/villian. I've also seen some of Zyuranger, Dairanger, Megaranger, and Timeranger.

Gokaigreen is okay to me.

also a Gokaiger/super sentai serribi fanclub http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=523720

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
so far I've seen only Zyuranger ( 1 episode to see how Sentai was back in the day) Dekaranger ( 1 episode to see what to expect from gokaiger) Magiranger ( still watching) Gekiranger ( same reason as dekaranger only the theme song made me want to watch it more) go-onger (still watching), shinkenger ( my first sentai) and gokaiger. my favorite openings are kakuranger, dairanger, megaranger, timeranger, ( it grew on me) gaoranger, shinkenger, and go-onger.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Thats nice I suppose but hardly relevant. Anyways I'm enjoy this years sentai since it not only reuses the old suits but pays so much attention to detail. Each of the older sentai transformations also keep their fighting styles and it's pretty noticeable each team fights in different styles such as these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtNG0pv_kwY

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
Just Saw the Second ranger episode. I am very confused aside from Goseiger what were the other 7 grand powers they got in the movie they had around 8 IIRC and now they have 15 :/?

blargin7

Feelin' Burny
I've liked Gokaiger so far, not all that interested in Gokaisilver though. They're bringing him out pretty early, and really, a justice freak at his level among a band of pirates?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

rocky505

Gokai silver is one epic dude. And what an epic final wave he does.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
and that my friend will get you hurt in a good bit of this fanbase. kinda like The Masked Rider for Kamen Rider.

Huh I thought that Power Ranger weren't that bad. I know that Masked Rider did bombed big style.

Trainer Orange

Pokémon Runner
Thats nice I suppose but hardly relevant. Anyways I'm enjoy this years sentai since it not only reuses the old suits but pays so much attention to detail. Each of the older sentai transformations also keep their fighting styles and it's pretty noticeable each team fights in different styles such as these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtNG0pv_kwY

Ok, that was awesome. Who are the guys with the white vests? I've wanted to get more familiar with this, but haven't had luck/time to find good resources.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Ok, that was awesome. Who are the guys with the white vests? I've wanted to get more familiar with this, but haven't had luck/time to find good resources.
If you're interested in Sentai in general you're in luck. Just watch Gokaiger it'll spoon feed you sentai history as well as give you a vague idea about the other 34 teams.