• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Singles Battle Subway Super Team

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I managed to finish Round 3 on the Battles Subway, so I decided to take a serious evaluation of my team before I ruin my streak.

CloysterSecretWonders47.jpg

Cloyster @ Razor Claw
Naive, Skill Link
252 HP/252 Speed/4 A
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Surf

Typical Smash Cloyster. Want to lead with him because otherwise it might be hard to switch him in and set up. Going for max speed so that I don't always have to smash at the cost of possibly dying (case in point: vs. a Grass-type I can already just Icicle Spear it; if I don't I'll probably not survive). I prefer special Water attacks, so I went mixed with Surf. Razor Claw is for a haxy number of critical hits with the multihit moves.

ScraftyBlackWhite69.jpg

Scrafty @ Life Orb
Jolly, Moxie
252 Speed/ 252A/ 4 D
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Another sweeper with good type coverage. He can come in on already weakened foes for a quick Moxie boost. Drain Punch works well to increase my longevity. Ice Punch covers Flying, and also lets me hit things like Grass, Ground, and Dragon. And of course Dragon Dance is a great boosting move to make me a little faster.

180px-ChandelureRedCollection36.jpg

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid, Flash Fire
252 SA/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
- Flamethrower/ Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

My safety net. If I can only eliminate 2/3 of the other pokes, I can send Chandy out for the revenge kill to keep my streak alive. The movepool gives me good coverage against a lot of types, including Fighting and Water/Ground/Rock. I don't want to send it out too early because I might get locked into a less-than great move. I'm also considering Overheat since it won't be out there for long.

Psycho Cut

Pretty good, although give closyter a focus sash.

I'd also advise against an all sweeper team, but i suppose it depends on your style

Maateus79

Apologies if this is a total newb question, but how would one get DD, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch on a single Scrafty? Since they all come from different parents, wouldn't that be impossible to do? (I'm relatively new to breeding, so again apologies if I'm missing something basic)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Apologies if this is a total newb question, but how would one get DD, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch on a single Scrafty? Since they all come from different parents, wouldn't that be impossible to do? (I'm relatively new to breeding, so again apologies if I'm missing something basic)
Let me introduce you to my little friend Mr. Smeargle. Seriously though Smeargles make breeding for egg moves way easier when they're in the same egg group.

Pretty good, although give closyter a focus sash.

I'd also advise against an all sweeper team, but i suppose it depends on your style
I usually lean hyper-offensive. In an environment like BS where I need max type coverage with only 3 pokemon my philosophy is to try to cover as many types as possible.

Cloyster's great D makes Focus Sash less viable IMO. Plus there's always priority moves. It can actually take a few physical hits after a smash, depending on the foe. I am considering King's Rock instead, given a good chance of flinch hax with the multihit moves.

Last edited:

GalladeX

Cloyster wants Shell Blade, since it plays off of his Attack EVs.

It's a pretty solid team, I think, so there's not much to critique.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
Cloyster's great D makes Focus Sash less viable IMO. Plus there's always priority moves. It can actually take a few physical hits after a smash, depending on the foe. I am considering King's Rock instead, given a good chance of flinch hax with the multihit moves.

I use a Cloyster with Shell Smash too, and trust me, the Sash is actually a good item, Cloyster can take one or two physical hits depending on what have used them, but it can't take any special move even before smashing
The priority moves they are not a treath only a few pokés are using them (well I haven't see any of those move in a long time on the subway), I should recommend you the sash on Cloyster c:

Psycho Cut

Ok, kaiser soze, if all offense is your way, don't let anyone tell you differently. Including me ;)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD

I use a Cloyster with Shell Smash too, and trust me, the Sash is actually a good item, Cloyster can take one or two physical hits depending on what have used them, but it can't take any special move even before smashing
The priority moves they are not a treath only a few pokés are using them (well I haven't see any of those move in a long time on the subway), I should recommend you the sash on Cloyster c:
Hmm, maybe I will go with the Sash, since I can't really afford to lose one of my pokemon on the 1st turn when there are only three. Also I should probably use the trainer catalog to scout my opponents to see if priority will be a problem.
Cloyster wants Shell Blade, since it plays off of his Attack EVs.
No, I'm keeping Surf. Surf has more power (and a little more accuracy), and according to Serebii's pokedex there's only a 10-point difference attack stats at Lv. 50. And as I mentioned earlier I like Special Water moves better because Ground/Rock types have high Defense. That one extra Attack point isn't enough of a difference. And Shell Smash boosts the crap out of both stats anyway.

Last edited: