• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Singles Battle Subway Team

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Hydreigon (Hasty, I lost my patience trying to get one with the perfect nature)
@ life orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Crunch (I have no way to breed dark pulse onto it)

Cloyster (Naive) @focus sash
Ability: skill link
EVs: 252 Atk/ 48 Sp. Atk/ 208 Spd
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Surf

Volcarona (modest) @leftovers
Ability: flame body
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Fiery dance
-bug buzz
-psychic
-quiver dance

For some reason, I can't get more than 22 wins. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

Aurath8

Use Razor Shell > Surf on Cloyster with a Jolly nature. Put any EVs that are in spatk into Speed.
Use Substitute > Psychic on Volcorona. Substitute aids setup of Quiver Dance as well as the usual blocking status absorbing attacks.

Firebreather

Hydreigon looks good since you can't get Dark Pulse and don't want to waste time to get a better nature.

With Cloyster I agree with Aurawarrior8. If you make those changes it will be the exact same Cloyster I use, and it's a BEAST!! After one Shell Smash you can pretty much take anything down. Just watch out for priority moves... They have the potential to ruin your fun.

I kinda disagree with Aurawarrior8 on the Substitute > Psychic in Volcarona, though. My reason is that both Hydreigon and Cloyster are weak to Fighting types and it might help to have something that can take care of them.

Since you have two pokemon weak to fighting, I say keep Psychic.

If you want a more reliable move, go with Psychic. If you want something more powerful and take care of other Volcaronas, use Hurricane. Just something to think about.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I kinda want to keep surf on Cloyster since it has 100% accuracy, Shell blade does not. I know 95% is good, but I have had attacks with 95% accuracy miss several times in a row before. I hear what you're saying, but I want to play it safe. Any other suggestions?

flameswy

Lord of Light
choice scarf on the heidreigon is a good step, if you dont mind the one move...

i ALWAYS give my heidreigon one.

>:D

mind you, mine is modest.

perhaps the other way around?

choice specs...?

that sounds like over kill to me though.

if you want, i can trade you a modest dark pulse deino, i got boxes full.

XD

Cloyster has slghtly bigger attack then sp. attack. Plus, Shell Blade has the chance for lowering defense.

If you go with Shell Blade, you don't need to invest EVs into it's sp. attack stat.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
choice scarf on the heidreigon is a good step, if you dont mind the one move...

i ALWAYS give my heidreigon one.

>:D

mind you, mine is modest.

perhaps the other way around?

choice specs...?

that sounds like over kill to me though.

if you want, i can trade you a modest dark pulse deino, i got boxes full.

XD

I'm not a huge fan of choice items since getting locked into a certain move has screwed me over on several occasions. Thanks for the offer for the dark pulse deino, but I don't have wi-fi, unfortunately.

flameswy

Lord of Light
mm, if you say so.

i suppose its easier to support with a full team then three.