• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. 4 and Playstation All-Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

First of all, this is not meant to be a competition thread between the two games. That should be pretty obvious as neither of the games have been released yet and the former has only had minimal details revealed.

According to people who have played All-Stars at E3 it is good enough to give the Smash Bros. series a run for its money and people are already excited about SSB4 despite it only now beginning its development. Safe to say that both are pretty high-profile games that have a lot of people excited. This thread is for speculating character rosters of both games. With the addition of Big Daddy in Playstation All-Stars it confirms third-party characters (and one of the developers said there would be even more third-party characters to come, if you're wondering.) SSB4, on the other hand, is being developed by Team Sora with help from Namco, so we could possibly see guest characters from them.

I'm going to guess at least Pacman or a Tales of... character will be added to the roster. Maybe a Tekken/Soul Calibur character or two. But hopefully we can see a few additions from Namco's anime titles if licensing works out. They include DragonballZ, Naruto and Digimon among others.

I know it's kinda strange to say a third-party game "belongs" to one game system over another, but I get that feeling with Bioshock and Playstation. Bioshock DLC will also be available in the upcoming LittleBigPlanet game. Assassin's Creed, well actually most of Ubisoft's games, are more that I feel are more Playstation games than Xbox. The last two Assassin's Creed titles have given Playstation 3 users exclusive content, with Revelations giving them an entire game. That's why I think at least one of Ubisoft's characters will be a guest character in All-Stars: Ezio (who has already been in a fighting game) or Rayman perhaps. Dead Space is another series that added exclusive content (Dead Space Extraction) to their latest game, so maybe Isaac? Resident Evil, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Metal Gear got their start on Playstation so we might see them here too. Final Fantasy has exclusives on Playstation so characters from that are contenders too. I'm not being a Sony fanboy here or anything, I think plenty of series "belong" to Microsoft more than Sony for similar reasons (The Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Call of Duty etc.) Street FighterXTekken added Cole from Infamous as an extra character whereas Mortal Kombat added Kratos from God of War. I think this may have been a precursor to Sony creating this game in the first play, so I wonder if we'll see any Mortal Kombat or Capcom characters. Well my "crazy" speculation for SSB was that Goku or other anime characters would be added to their roster, so for All-Stars I'll wish for Batman from the Arkham games to be added.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Personally I don't see how PAS is going to work. All the character's art styles have no changed, which gives you a variety of art styles all interacting, which, in my opinion, looks less than good. Not to mention the 2D characters just can't seem to pull it off.

Mankanshoku Mako

Literally 4 days after the "No SSB Threads" rule gets reaffirmed by Kirby.

Even putting that aside, if this isn't meant to a compare/contrast thread, there's no reason have this thread cover both topics. That makes about as much sense as having a say, Final Fantasy 7 + Super Mario 64 thread.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Even putting that aside, if this isn't meant to a compare/contrast thread, there's no reason have this thread cover both topics. That makes about as much sense as having a say, Final Fantasy 7 + Super Mario 64 thread.

Please tell me you don't think "Playstation All Stars" and Super Smash Bros. don't look similar at all.

Mankanshoku Mako

Please tell me you don't think "Playstation All Stars" and Super Smash Bros. don't look similar at all.

I never said they weren't similar in premise, but they're two different games and not here to be compared by the threadmakers own admission. FF7 and 64 are pretty widely regarded as some the best games on their respective consoles, which were both from the same generation, there's a similarity between them for you. It's even still a "Nintendo vs. Sony" comparison. Regardless of that though, my point about these games deserving their own threads if this is not going to be compare/contrast(ignoring the fact that the SSB isn't allowed) is what I wanted to get at with that statement.

thunderblade12

Literally 4 days after the "No SSB Threads" rule gets reaffirmed by Kirby.

Where does it say that? You can't really believe we're all responsible for reading every single post in every single thread before making a new thread, can you?

Like the user above me said, they're similar. If I created two separate threads people would just *****ed about that.

Mankanshoku Mako

Where does it say that? You can't really believe we're all responsible for reading every single post in every single thread before making a new thread, can you?
Every single post in every single thread? Kirby literally made this rule IT'S OWN THREAD in Nintendo discussion: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?576030-Super-Smash-Brothers. And before that, this rule had another thread all to itself that had existed since 2008 made by Rave.

Like the user above me said, they're similar. If I created two separate threads people would just *****ed about that.
Well, ignoring the fact that the SSB one wouldn't be allowed again, I find it highly doubtful that anyone would've complained. If you'd done something like, make a Super Mario Galaxy and a Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread on the exact same day I could see your concern, but in the case two games connected by nothing but premise I think your anticipation of backlash is unwarranted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.