• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super smash bros Brawl roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonWyvern

I'd have to disagree with that statement, that the game is for popular characters. Mr. Game and Watch was in Melee, and I doubt that many people knew about him before that appearance.

jellsprout

But the game is for popular characters. Exactly how would 'not wanted by that many people' work?

Tell that to Docter Mario, Ice Climbers, G&W, ZZS and Pokémon Trainer.
Sora Inc may want the majority of the cast to be popular characters, but they still like to shock everybody.

That is why I say "Battletoads for SSBB!"

woot21

super noob
That is why I say "Battletoads for SSBB!"

HECK YEAH!!! I so want one of the 'toads in Brawl. Besides who doesn't want to take some frustation out on them for their games being stupidly hard? Final Smash of putting everyone else on hoverbikes with random walls flying at the hoverbikes anyone?

woot21 out dawgs

mewfanforlife

Soren(unlikely)
Mia(even more unlikely)
Lucario
Ridley
Any AC character
Marth returning
Mew(doing something other than give points)
Ganondorf returning with his own moves

BCVM22

It's already been explained why the Battletoads can't happen. They're still owned by Rare.

woot21

super noob
It's already been explained why the Battletoads can't happen. They're still owned by Rare.

And what has Rare done with them lately? Are you 100% sure that they still own them? I know that they won't be in, but it would be awesome to have a scrolling hoverbike based stage.

woot21 out dawgs

BCVM22

And what has Rare done with them lately? Are you 100% sure that they still own them?

I'm as sure as sure can be that Rare still owns them. The point of what Rare has done with them lately is utterly moot; the characters last appeared in any medium in 1994 for the arcade game Super Battletoads and I assure you copyright doesn't lapse after only 14 years. Furthermore, had there been some transaction involving the intellectual property being sold off to another developer, it would have shown up on some gaming industry news report somewhere.

They're as much the property of Rare as Solar Jetman, Banjo and Kazooie and Conker are and since Rare is still very much a second-party developer to Microsoft, i.e. Microsoft owns a controlling stake in the company, there simply aren't any legal roads that would allow the characters to appear in Brawl.

nobody care

Now, what have we said about talking when you have nothing intelligent to contribute?

BCVM22

Nobody cares about facts here. Let them post their opinons that's all I'm saying troll

I care about facts and that's more than good enough for me. They can have their opinions all they bloody like - all I'm doing are bringing up the reason(s) why they can't happen.

Also, don't call me a troll. Not because it bothers me all that much, but it continues to prove your lack of general common sense in most matters, if I'm what you qualify as a troll.

woot21

super noob
Nobody cares about facts here. Let them post their opinons that's all I'm saying troll

Actually I like facts too. That is why I was asking about who owned the intellectual properties to the Battletoads.

woot21 out dawgs

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Also, don't call me a troll. Not because it bothers me all that much, but it continues to prove your lack of general common sense in most matters, if I'm what you qualify as a troll.

You qualify as a troll in the sense that everything you say is an insult or an attempt to provoke other people. I just checked "All Your Posts" and you never seem to say anything nice. Lighten up, y'know, sometimes it can be pretty fun. I agree with you a lot of the time but do you have to present your "facts" so bluntly and in such a patronising manner?

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
Uh...do you people know what the hell a troll is? Trolls go around the internet doing nothing but harassing, SPAMming, being morons, etc. BCVM22 posting facts while pointing out someone's glaring stupidity makes him the very opposite of what a troll is.

BCVM22

You qualify as a troll in the sense that everything you say is an insult or an attempt to provoke other people. I just checked "All Your Posts" and you never seem to say anything nice. Lighten up, y'know, sometimes it can be pretty fun. I agree with you a lot of the time but do you have to present your "facts" so bluntly and in such a patronising manner?

I find no value in sugarcoating reality, and logic, reason and common sense need never apologize for themselves. If my style of presenting information bothers you that intensely, put me on your Ignore list and I'll never know and I'll care just about as often. I don't get paid per reader or anything.

CrimsonWyvern

@Kinslayer
There are quite a few definitions of trolls that are used, just so you know.
@BCVM22
Yeah, because the Nintendo Discussion forum on a Pokemon fansite is serious business.

Well, personally, on topic, I'm just hoping that the people in Melee return (yes, even the clones) and then I'm set.

woot21

super noob
I don't get paid per reader or anything.

Do you get payed at all? LOL

Well with King Dedede added, it seems likey that we will be seeing more villians from Nintendo series. Which means, Eggplant Wizard for Brawl!!!

woot21 out dawgs

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
Do you get payed at all? LOL

Well with King Dedede added, it seems likey that we will be seeing more villians from Nintendo series. Which means, Eggplant Wizard for Brawl!!!

woot21 out dawgs

Oh yesss. King Dedede being playable.. apparently, that dream I had some time ago has come true.

Soren(unlikely)

That would be lovely. ...but Hector of FE7 ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.