• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros. Brawl & SD Cards

Mount Silver

Time to Return
I have tried using two different SD cards to transfer in-game screenshots (in the Album) on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Both the SD cards have plenty of room left on them, and they both working for saving Wii channels to them.

Here is what happens:
I'll have the SD card in the slot on the Wii (in the correct direction). Then I go to the Album on Brawl to transfer the pictures over to the SD card but that option is marked with ∅ (meaning the option cannot be selected). If I move the cursor over it, it tells me that it "Cannot save to to the device inserted in the SD card slot".

Do I have to buy a specific brand of SD card? Or is something else the problem?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Most SD cards have a little white switch on them to make them normal or read only. The way the SD card goes into the Wii can usually press it by accident. This might be the problem.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Try holding it in with one finger. That happens to my cousin, you press it in and keep your finger in there.

Mr. Slowpoke

Master of teh lulz:P
Is it an SDHC-card? Brawl was made before the firmware with SDHC comptability and therefor can't use those...

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
^ It might be locked, but more likely it's this. If you card is over 2GB, or any sort of SD High Capacity, it will not work.

The Wii didn't accept those cards until update 4.0, which Brawl was released long before, and since the game can't be patched, you're stuck at 2GB or less.