• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros: The Return to Subspace (Rated G)

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
That's right, I'm venturing into new territory. I'm straying from my Pokemon fics into the Non-Pokemon. Now, since the Brawl Pokemon characters are involved here, I'm not sure if I'm still posting this in the right spot, or if I should put it in the Pokemon fics, so if it should be moved, please tell me.

Anways, starting up where the Subspace Emissary left off... It begins!

Travelling Groups-Mario and Kirby/ Peach and Luigi/ Yoshi/ Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucas

Unknown Location-Wario and Dedede/ Pikachu/ Meta Knight

Villains-Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser

Transformed into Trophy-Sonic, Ness

Chapter 1

"Samus, mechanical assistance requested."

"My energy whip?"

"Correct."

Crrrackk!

"Electrical assistance requested."

"Chuuuu! I mean, right!"

"Pikachu, you do remember that you've got that translator, right?"

"Well, it gets kinda hard to remember when you've been unable to say anything but your own name for your whole life!"

"Sorry."

"Well, you'd better be!"

"Hey, you're just lucky I saved your butt on this very spot before!"

"That was in a different time. Evil was at work."

"You two! Stop bickering before I Falcon Punch you into the next century!"

"It is quite unlike me to say anything like this, but I would show extreme feelings of joy if you would all kindly shut up."

R.O.B.'s rare showing of emotion managed to silence the small group gathered on the spot of the former Subspace Bomb Factory. They all turned to face him as he put the final weld on his latest project. The Falcon Flyer was barely recognizable after the Robotic Operating Buddy's long and strenuous upgrades. Now, large round blasters projected from both wings. What they were for, R.O.B. had yet to reveal, but all of his assistants were anxious for it to be revealed. His last projects had led to the recreation of the Isle of the Ancients and the new translators given to the non-English speaking Brawlers, so hopes were high for the upgraded ship.

"Wait a second." Samus and Pikachu turned to face Captain Falcon, who was looking nervously back and forth.

"Now what?" Samus, currently in her Zero Suit, twirled her energy whip around lazily in the air. "Finally realize how annoying your Falcon Punch is?"

Falcon shook his head. "No no, that's just awesome. But has anyone seen Mr. Game & Watch?"

"Beep! Beep!"

They all looked up as the 2-D man poked his head out of the Falcon Flyer's cockpit. "So that's where you disappeared to!" Captain Falcon scolded. "And I know we can all understand you, but you could still use your translator."

"Beep!" Beep beep!"

Pikachu collapsed in a faint. "Mr. Game & Watch!" R.O.B. gasped. A small hint of disgust managed to work into his monotone voice. "You should have your mouth scrubbed with soap for using such coarse language! Do you speak to your mother with that mouth?"

"Beep!"

"Now now, there is no need to bring my mother into this, too."

"Beep!"

Samus sighed. "Will you two just shut up? R.O.B, just tell us what your new project is!"

"Ah, yes," R.O.B. nodded. "My latest creation. I am sorry, but you will all have to wait for just a while longer."

Pikachu, who had regained consciousness, sparked with frustration. "You're making us wait even longer? What for?"

R.O.B. turned his head to face the electric rodent. "There are a few friends of ours who must arrive here first."

The skies were blue. The clouds were white. The sky was peaceful. And then, the Halberd slashed through it all. It spun out of control, zig-zagging back and forth and up and down. Suddenly, it regained its normal flight pattern, and the screams from inside could be heard for miles around.

"Popo! Nana!"

The Ice Climbers turned bashfully around to face Meta Knight. His eyes were glowing even brighter than usual through the slit in his mask. "Um, hello there, Meta Knight. Wonderful weather for flying, right?" Popo shuffled his feet nervously.

"Exactly what led you two to think that you could pilot my ship? My ship, of all things? R.O.B. and his crew just finished getting the Halberd repaired, and now I have to worry about imbeciles like you crashing it? What led you to believe that you could fly my ship?"

Nana leaned out to see behind Meta Knight. She could see down the hall leading out from the cockpit, and she could see the figure watching amusedly. She pointed at him. "Snake told us you wouldn't mind."

Meta Knight whirled around. However, the figure was gone. Only a cardboard box with the Smash Bros. insignia was left. Groaning dramatically, the Star Warrior strode over and lifted up the box. "Honestly, Snake? You thought that old trick would actually work against me?"

"It worked against you once before," Snake pointed out as he rose to his feet.

"I still found you."

"Actually, I found him." Lucario had appeared behind Snake in the hallway.

Meta Knight sighed again. "Whatever! But Snake, please explain exactly why you told those imbecilic Ice Climbers they could fly my ship!" He briefly looked back to the Ice Climbers. "No offense."

Popo and Nana stared at him blankly. "What does imbecilic mean?" Popo inquired.

"Shush!" Nana smashed her partner in the head with her mallet. "You don't want to make the scary round guy any angrier!"

"Will you two just get out of here?" Meta Knight growled. The two obediently sprinted out of the room. "And Snake, I'm still waiting for an answer."

Snake shrugged. "I just thought it would be funny. I figured you would feel your stomach lurching and retake the wheel before those two could do too much damage."

"You're just lucky these windows are new. Otherwise, you'd be on the bridge right now."

Snake spun and sprinted off after the Ice Climbers. He may be strong, but he still didn't want to face an angry Meta Knight.

The Halberd's pilot groaned. "I am surrounded by idiots."

Lucario stepped fully into the room. "I'll choose to ignore that."

"Yes, what do you want?" Meta Knight was obviously still irritated.

"We've got a letter. Captain Falcon just showed up in the Falcon Flyer and delivered it to Fox and Falco. They say it's important."

Meta Knight started down the hallway. "Well, let's here it. I'm just hoping that the Ice Climbers' villagers have sent in a missing idiots notice."

"DK! DK! I've got a letter!"

Diddy Kong swung swiftly through the jungle trees. He latched on tightly to a jungle vine and swung out high above the canopy. His Rocketbarrel jetpack ignited and he soared through the sky. Deep below him, he could here a very familiar sound, very much like drums beating...

Donkey Kong was beating his chest ferociously and roaring into the sky. He loved nothing more than to show off his power, even if there was no one around to watch him. He was making so much of a racket that he didn't even notice when Diddy landed right behind him. "DK!"

"Gyyaaah!" Donkey Kong reeled back in fear, almost stumbling off the cliff he was standing atop. "Diddy! Don't sneak up on me like that!"

Diddy shrugged apologetically. "Sorry, DK. We've got a letter!"

"A letter?" DK tilted his head thoughtfully. "Who would be sending us letters?"

"I think it's from R.O.B," Diddy stated.

"Why do you think that?"

"It says, from R.O.B. Right on the front of it."

"Since when can you read?"

"Fox taught me. Speaking of him, I wonder how he's doing..."

Fox swerved just in time to avoid the Charizard attempting to knock his ship clean out of the sky. "I don't get paid enough for this!" Charizard made another loop around, preparing to dive bomb the Arwing.

"Charizard, return!"

A red beam shot into the air, striking Charizard and sucking it into the Poke Ball in the Pokemon Trainer's hand deep below. Squirtle and Ivysaur stood at his side, both looking on amusedly as Fox managed to land the Arwing in the enormous hall beneath the Ruins.

"Here's my review," Fox began. "I like your port: The wide open roof and large landing area make it easier on me. I'm also very impressed by your security system."

Red, the Pokemon Trainer, bowed his head in embarassment. "So sorry about that. Charizard's extremely aggressive."

"Fox!"

He and Red turned as Lucas and Ness ran up to stand beside them. "What are you doing here?"

"Just bringing in a-"

"No! My Pikmin!"

They all whirled around to see Olimar staring in horror at the Arwing. A few dozen Pikmin ghosts were lazily floating into the air. "Whoops," Fox apologized. "Sorry about that."

"Heh heh heh! Don't worry about it. Old Olimar can just pluck up a bunch more Pikmin later." King Dedede strolled up and patted Fox's shoulder.

"Hey!" Olimar glared up at the king. "Each Pikmin had special sentimental value to me!"

"Yes," Dedede nodded. "And each of these new ones will have sentimental value to you, too."

Fox managed to get back the attention of Dedede and Olimar. "Anyway, I'm here to pass on a message we recieved on the Halberd from R.O.B. It said to pass it on to Dedede, Red, Olimar, Lucas, and Ness."

"Waaaah!!!"

They all whirled around to see the thin, green clad plumber standing behind them in the recently refurbished Hall. "Luigi!" Dedede grinned. "I thought you were busy playing Dance Dance Revolution."

"I was," Luigi nodded. "The Mario Mix. But Luigi can always tell! It always happens! Everyone always forgets Luigi! Waaaaah!!!"

Whoosh!

Swish!

Clang!

"You've gotten better, Marth."

"..."

"I still see that you're no match for me."

"Ike, you're asking for it."

"Oh, I am asking for it. Maybe then you'll put up a better fight."

"Ok, you two, break it up."

Ike and Marth's sparring match was interrupted as Falco's ship landed atop the castle. "Greetings, Falco," Ike welcomed. "What news do you bring today?"

"We recieved a message today on the Halberd. R.O.B. wants us to pass the message on to you."

Ike turned back to Marth. "It looks like it's your lucky day. You won't have to be beaten by me."

Marth cursed.

"Full speed ahead!"

Toon Link stood out on the bowspirit of his ship, staring out across the vast ocean he sailed across. His moment of peace was suddenly interrupted, in a very disgusting way.

"Bleach! Blargh! Braaap!"

"Jigglypuff!"

"I can't help it! I'm seasick."

"Then why did you decide to come with me?"

"I don't know! I was just running from Wario! He was trying to eat me!"

"If you two aren't too busy cleaning up vomit, I've got a message for you."

Toon Link and Jigglypuff looked up from the argument to see Samus's personal ship hovering next to the boat. "Samus!" Jigglypuff rushed over and jumped onto the cockpit of the ship. "You've got to get me off this thing! I'm starting to feel seasick again..."

"Do it on the windshield and I'm tying you to the mast."

"Just get me out of here! Oh, but I'm a little airsick..."

"I don't get it! I just don't get it! Why did we have to pick to live in the canyon?"

"It's about as far away as we can get from all those goody-goody Brawlers. We all know how sick they make us."

Wario sighed. His entire body was glistening with sweat. "So? I think I can put up with them if we can get out of this heat!"

"Pah!" Ganondorf growled. "Do you have any idea how wrong it felt working alongside my archnemesis? I'll be shamed for the rest of my life!"

"You think it was bad working with Link?" Bowser had entered the conversation. "I had to be around Mario the whole time we were in Subspace. And I never even got to kidnap Peach! Do you have any idea how sick that made me?"

The three villains were crowded together in the bottom of the canyon, waiting for their fourth to arrive. Finally, he arrived. The ship floated down into the gorge and landed across from the others. Wolf stepped down from inside the ship, a toothy grin cracking his face. "You boys are going to love this," he assured.

"Tell us, tell us!" Bowser was hopping with anticipation.

"Bowser!" Ganondorf snapped. "Quit jumping! We don't need to be buried by an avalanche with important news on the way."

Wolf's smile grew broader. "Ha ha! All those goody-goodies think we're still on their side. How ignorant they are. I ran into Captain Falcon while I was out flying. And now, from what he told me, I know it is time to finally put our plan into action..."

"Yeah!"

"Woo!"

"Kick butt!"

The audience roared with anticipation in the stadium of the World of Trophies. A Brawl was beginning.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!" The voice of the announcer was very familiar. The Brawlers looked up to the booth to see Sonic the Hedgehog broadcasting the fight. "Today's Brawl looks like it's goin' to be a good one! First up, the Blue Team!"

"Bring it on!"

"Yoshi!"

Link and Yoshi leapt up onto the stage. They turned and bowed to the crowd, taking in the applause.

"Give a hand to Link and Yoshi, folks! And now, on the Red Team!"

"The fight is on!"

"Mama mia!"

The crowd went nuts. "Everyone's favorite Mario and Pit have arrived! Give 'em a hand!"

"Ready..."

Link drew his sword.

In a flash, an egg was in Yoshi's hand.

Pit readied his bow.

Mario charged up a fireball.

"Go!"

With that, the Brawl began. As the fighting continued, Peach and Zelda oversaw the proceedings from their booth high above. "Ooh, go Mario!" Peach cried. Zelda glared at her. "And, um, go Link!"

"Wait for meeeeeeee!"

The princesses looked up just in time to step aside as Kirby crashed into the booth. "Sorry I'm late, but Meta Knight stopped me. He's got a message from R.O.B!"

"A message?" Zelda inquired. "What kind?"

"How am I supposed to know?" Kirby shrugged. "I was just bringing it back here for all of you guys to read."

Sonic's cry split the stadium. "Game!"

The princesses and Kirby looked down to see Link and Yoshi both transformed into trophies. Mario and Pit immediately freed them, and the Brawlers all shook hands.

"Come on!" Kirby smiled. "Let's go tell them!" With that, he leapt out of the booth and dove for the battlefield down below.

Peach and Zelda both leaned out after him. "Wait!" they both cried. But it was too late. The Star Warrior was already landing. Sighing, the princesses floated down after him.

Mario was surprised to see Kirby, Peach, and Zelda all landing on the stage in front of him. "Mama mia! What's-a going on here?"

"We got a letter from R.O.B! Kirby explained. "It sounds urgent!"

"Urgent?"

Everyone jumped. Sonic was suddenly standing right with them. "What?" Pit gasped.

"How did you-" Link was cut off.

"Hey, they don't call me Sonic for nothing," the hedgehog pointed out.

Kirby sighed. "Well, get over here! Let's get this thing read!"

The gathered Brawlers clumped around the letter. It was short, but they all gasped in shock.

From R.O.B.
Come now to the new Isle of the Ancients. Tomorrow, we return to Subspace.

Hope you all like it!

Last edited:

Mudkip8003

Huh, I kind of like it. Today I was thinking about affter the game...anyway, nice begining. You are doing good.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
It was allright... I'm not really one for lines of plain text, well, not plain, but just single lines upon single lines, with the occaisional paragraph, but it was good, on a whole.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Glad you all like it so far!

Chapter 2

R.O.B, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch, and Samus all stared up expecantly into the sky as the first of their visitors arrived at the Isle of the Ancients. The air rumbled as the Halberd landed gently on the other side of the large, barren island. After a few minutes, the hatch opened up and Meta Knight, Snake, Lucario, Fox, Falco, and the Ice Climbers piled out.

"Whee!" Popo cheered. "Party! Party! Party!"

"Something tells me that this isn't a simple party," Meta Knight guessed aloud.

Fox and Falco strode up to Captain Falcon. Fox turned to admire the newly upgraded Falcon Flyer, parked just behind R.O.B. "Wow, I like what you've done with that old piece of junk."

"Piece of junk! My Falcon Flyer is not a piece of junk! It's the fastest flying machine there is!"

"Pah! It's no Arwing!"

Both were thrown back suddenly by Pikachu's Thunder Jolt. "Hey hey, break it up! You two can worry about your little toy planes later."

"You little..." Fox and Captain Falcon both lunged for Pikachu at once, but the Mouse Pokemon easily sidestepped and began leading them on a merry chase around the island.

Then came the next group. Olimar's ship, the S.S. Dolphin, came puttering down out of the sky. It landed softly, and the door burst off its hinges. Olimar, Ness, Lucas, Red, and Luigi were all thrown out onto the hard, stony earth. "Ow," Olimar moaned. "My poor ship."

"How did you all fit in there in the first place?" Samus inquired.

"How am I supposed to know?"

With a plop, King Dedede barely managed to squeeze out of the ship. He sat down right on top of Olimar and Luigi. "Aiih!" Luigi wept. "Now everyone sits on Luigi! Waah!"

"Dedede, I don't even want to know what possessed you to ride in that," Meta Knight sighed.

"Oh sure, like you wouldn't ride in a ship if it was your only option," Dedede argued.

Meta Knight sighed again. "I wouldn't need a ship! I can fly!"

"The why do you have the Halberd?"

"Don't bring the Halberd into this!"

"Heeeelp! Help us!!!"

Those who were not presently sprinting around the island or being squashed under an enormous penguin rear looked up just in time to get out of the way. Marth was being carried by Ike, who was being carried by Donkey Kong, who was being carried by Diddy Kong with his Rocketbarrel jetpack. The jetpack's engine had blown from the enormous weight and all four of the Brawlers were now plunging to the ground. They all crashed down right on top of Snake and Lucario, who managed to cushion their fall, for the most part.

"That was close," Diddy breathed out with relief. Then, the jetpack reflared, launched off his back, smashed into the Ice Climbers, and went shooting straight up in the air, with Popo and Nana still plastered to the front of it.

"It could have been worse," Ike pointed out. Then, Diddy's Peanut Popguns simultaneously exploded, crisping all of the Brawlers around them.

Samus smacked her face with her energy whip. "It could have been worse."

"Bleach!"

Samus was surprised, and disgusted, to find her arm covered with something sticky and green.

"Jigglypuff, gross!"

"I told you I was airsick!"

Jigglypuff, carrying Toon Link, floated down lazily to land before the very angry Samus. "Jigglypuff, you're going to pay for that!"

"What did I do?" Jigglylpuff wondered. "You can't be mad at me for puking on you! It's not my fault!"

Jigglypuff turned and ran, but she didn't make it far before Samus's Paralyzer struck, sticking her right where she stood. "Get back her, Puffball!"

R.O.B. looked around desperately at the surrounding chaos. "Please, everybody, calm down!"

"Beep!"

"Mr. Game & Watch, cursing will get you nowhere."

"Beep beep!"

"Mr. Game & Watch, I warn you, if you continue to swear, you will get what is coming to you."

"Beep beep beep! Bee-"

Mr. Game & Watch's final curse was cut off as he was suddenly crushed underneath yet another spaceship.

"Wolf, what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to land, if you don't mind."

"I think you hit somebody!"

"Beep!"

The door to ship slid open and the villains hurried out. Wolf looked underneath the ship, barely able to see Mr. Game & Watch stuck underneath. "Whoops. Sorry about that, little guy."

"Beep!"

Wario collapsed in a faint, and Ganondorf and Bowser recoiled in disgust.

"Mr. Game & Watch!" R.O.B. scolded. "We have company! How dare you use such colorful language in front of our esteemed guests!"

"I'm not so sure I'd go as far as to call them, 'esteemed'."

The villains spun to face Falco. "Are you mocking us, bird?" Ganondorf threatened.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"He's mocking us," Wolf growled. "He's always mocking us! Let's get him, boys!"

The villains took off in pursuit of Falco, who had already got a large headstart. R.O.B. sighed, seeing that his attempted gathering was going even further downhill. "Please, everybody, calm down!"

"Hit the deck!"

"Now what?" R.O.B. sighed. He looked up just in time to see the Warp Star coming right at him. Kirby, Link, and Yoshi all clutched tightly to the Star, with Peach and Zelda holding onto Yoshi and Link's ankles. Pit was flying next to the Star, barely managing to hold the weight of Mario and Sonic. The party crashed headlong into R.O.B, who went down like a sack of bricks.

Slowly, the group managed to rise back to their feet. The entire island was still in chaos. R.O.B. twisted his head 360 degrees to see all of the destruction around him. Dedede was still sitting on Olimar and Luigi. Snake, Lucario, Marth, Ike, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong were all still unconscious on the ground. Samus was beating Jigglypuff senseless. Falco was easily out-maneuvering the villains. Pikachu was finally stuck between the enraged Fox and Captain Falcon. Toon Link, Lucas, Ness, and Red were watching it all with amusement. Even Mr. Game & Watch had managed to pull himself out from under Wolf's ship, only to be crushed yet again when the Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong's Rocketbarrel pack finally fell out of the sky.

"ENOUGH!!!"

R.O.B's uncharacteristic roar caught everyone's attention and they all pulled themselves away from whatever they were doing to see the robot who had summoned them all there. "Mama mia!" Mario smiled. "That-a was some scream, R.O.B!"

"Why, thank you, kind Mario," R.O.B. bowed. "I really do not like to use my angry voice, but when I must, I do."

Ganondorf crossed his arms impatiently. "Just tell us why we're here. We all got the news: We're going back to Subspace."

"But why would we want to go to Subspace?" Meta Knight stepped up to the front of the crowd. "The last time we were there, we barely escaped."

R.O.B. nodded. "Yes, that is completely true. However, we must all remember that Tabuu is no longer in Subspace. Therfore, we no longer have a crazed mastermind of evil trying to annihilate us all."

"He's right!" Kirby exclaimed. "This'll be just like a vacation!"

"Humph. I suppose that may be right," Fox shrugged.

Ike nodded. "I'm guessing that Subspace will be a lot less menacing without the whole 'fighting for our lives thing'."

"Yes, that is the point," R.O.B. confirmed. "I just figured that we could all use a vacation after the Tabuu incident. I have upgraded the Falcon Flyer to shoot out a portal that will take us back to Subspace." He gestured to Captain Falcon's beloved racer. "Now, once we are in Subspace, I will be the portal back home. I have added the same kind of machinery that I put in the Flyer's wings into my chest compartment. Now, if everyone is ready, we shall leave now."

"Wait!" Peach gasped. "I didn't have time to bring any of my other dresses!"

Sonic sighed. "Come on, R.O.B! Send us on our way!"

"Alright then." The Robotic Operating Buddy rolled over to the Falcon Flyer's wing. He flipped a quick switch on the bottom, and in a flash, a purple blast of energy had launched out. In a matter of seconds, the Brawlers had all been engulfed. They were on their way to vacation in Subspace.

But no one ever said it would be a relaxing vacation.

Hope you all like it!

Last edited:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Chapter 3

"Mario! Mario!"

"Oh, Mama Mia! What happened?"

"Oh, good! You're waking up!"

Mario rubbed his temples achingly and slowly sat up. What appeared to be an enormous wad of bubble gum sat in front of him. "Oh no! Giant bubble gum?"

"What? I'm not bubble gum!"

"Kirby?"

"Yes, it's Kirby! Who were you expecting, Tiny Tim?"

Mario managed to stand up and looked around. He appeared to be on the stage in the very familiar Midair Stadium. "Kirby? Yes, Kirby! What we doing back here?"

Kirby frowned. "Mario, we're in the Great Maze, remember? In Subspace? We're on vacation!"

"Oh, yes, Mario'd nearly forgotten!"

"Yes, we're back in the Great Maze." Kirby turned around and jestured to the glowing door behind him. "Couldn't you tell by the doors?"

Mario took off his hat and scratched his head. "No, hadn't noticed."

"Well, we're alone here. Everybody else is gone."

"Gone? Where to?"

Kirby shrugged. "How am I supposed to know? If anyone would know, it would be R.O.B. We should probably try to find him."

"Okey dokey then!" Mario exclaimed. "Here we go!"

Mario and Kirby turned back to the door. Both leapt back in surprise when they saw Luigi standing there.

"Luigi!" Mario exclaimed. "Mama mia, you scared the pizza pie out of me!"

Luigi sniffled and rubbed his nose. "Waaah! Everybody gone! Everyone forgot Luigi again! Waaah!"

"Don't worry, Luigi," Kirby reassured him. "You can come with us. We're trying to find everyone else, too."

"Really?" Luigi beamed. "Luigi can come too? Yay!"

The door burst open suddenly. Before anyone knew what was happening, Luigi was gone, and only the last traces of an evil laugh were left in the air. "Luigi!" Mario screamed.

Kirby stared at the door. "What just happened?"

"I don't know!" Mario exclaimed. "But Mario has to help Luigi! Let's go!"

The two hurried to the door, opened it up, and stepped into the Great Maze. There was no turning back now. They were right in the midst of an evil plot.

Luigi was transformed into a trophy as soon as he was through the door. It probably didn't help that he'd been hit in the head with a motorcycle.

"Wah hah hah!"

Wario quickly jumped on his motorcycle and sped away across the clouds of Skyworld, clutching the Luigi trophy against his side. He had to get out fast before his arch-rival Mario reappeared. "That was almost too easy," he laughed. "Scaredy-Luigi never saw Wario coming! Wah hah hah!"

"Ahem."

Wario hit the breaks and swerved quickly to the side to avoid plowing over the large figure standing in his path. He fell of his motorcycle, which skidded across the cloud and plunged down out of the sky. "Hey!" He fumed. "You made Wario lose his motorcycle!"

"You've got a lot more problems than that!"

Wario had no chance to react before the Jet Hammer smashed into the side of his head and sent him flying through the sky and out of sight. Dedede stood triumphantly over the discarded trophy. He lightly touched the stand and Luigi sprang back to life. "Waaah! Everyone always hits Luigi!"

"Easy there, chum!" Dedede soothed. He turned to the pink-dressed princess standing behind him. "I believe this is yours."

Peach stepped up and patted Luigi on the shoulder. "Don't worry, Luigi, you're ok. Where's Mario?"

Luigi sniffed and looked back across the clouds behind him. He pointed to the door. "Mario through there, Princess. The little pink guy, too."

"Little pink guy?" Dedede grinned. "That means-"

"Mario! Kirby!"

Peach ran up to the two as they emerged through the door and embraced them both. "Hello, Princess!" Mario blushed.

"Hiya, Peach!" Kirby greeted. He pulled free of her grasp and looked around her. "Dedede!"

Dedede hurried over to Kirby and gave him a noogie. "Hey, little fella! Good to see you!"

"Waaah!"

Everyone turned back to Luigi. "Everyone always forgets Luigi! Waaah!"

"Anyway." Dedede looked off in the direction that Wario had been sent flying. "I'd better go track down Wario. There's something fishy going on..."

Mario and Kirby hurried to his side. "We'll go to!" Kirby said. "You could probably use some help!"

"You're probably right there," Dedede agreed. "I guess you two can come if you want."

Mario turned to Peach and Luigi. "Peach and Luigi stay here. Don't get hurt, then."

"Yes!" Luigi nodded eagerly. "Luigi stay right here! He not move an inch!"

"But Mario-"

Peach's protest was cut short. "Princess, stay here." Mario looked her straight in the eyes. "Mario come back soon and we go on together."

"Ok," Peach sighed. "If you say so."

"Let's go!" Mario exclaimed. Dedede was already walking across the Sea of Clouds in the other direction, and Mario and Kirby quickly ran after him.

Kirby waved as he ran. "See you guys later!"

Luigi waved too. "Bye bye!"

Peach kept watching the three until they were out of sight. "Ok Luigi. Let's go."

"But Mario said-"

Peach smacked Luigi's nose. "Forget that. We need to go find everybody else! Who knows what kind of trouble the others may be in!"

"But Mario said-"

Abruptly, Peach grabbed Luigi by the ankles and began to drag him screaming across the fluffy white ground.

"Yoshi!"

"Speak, man, speak! I don't understand Yoshi language! Can't you just use your translator?"

"Yoshi!" Yoshi, standing in the emerald green grass of the forest, pointed desperately at his throat.

Sonic scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Oh, your translator got broke when we were warped here. Don't worry, I'm sure R.O.B. will fix it for you when we find him."

The two turned and began to walk through the forest. "Yoshi? Yoshi?" Yoshi called into the emptiness.

"I'm sure we'll find someone eventually," Sonic assured. "How scattered can we all be?"

"More scattered than you think."

Sonic and Yoshi whirled around to find Ganondorf standing behind them. "Oh, it's you, Ganondork," Sonic grinned.

"My name is not Ganondork!" Ganondorf howled. "Quit calling me that!" He shook himself, reminding himself of the plan. He grinned evilly down at the two small critters before him.

"Yoshi?" Yoshi had a bad feeling.

"Ganondork? Something wrong?"

Sonic had barely got out the sentence when Ganondorf's hand was clenched around his throat. The hand was glowing dark purple, and the energy caused Sonic to wince in pain.

"Yoshi!" Yoshi turned and fled deeper into the forest, leaving Sonic at Ganondorf's mercy.

"Regretting calling me Ganondork now?" Ganondorf cackled. A second later, the trophy of Sonic clanged to the ground.

Hope you all like it! I've added a list to my first post for the status of each Brawler in Subspace as of this chapter.

Poor Sonic. Yoshi ran away...
This is as good as your other fic, and that means it's awesome, and at times, funny. My cousins are playing Brawl at this moment, what a coincidence!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Sorry it's been so long, I've been otherwise occupied.

Chapter 4

"Waaaaah!"

Wario plummeted down through Skyworld, sent soaring by the impact of Dedede's attack. The clouds all whooshed past him as he fell rapidly towards the ground far below. Then, there was a flash of color, and Wario found his decent stopped by something hard and metal. "Yeeeeowww!"

Perhaps it would have been better if he'd just hit the ground. It would have been a lot loss painful, if not more fatal, than crashing head-first on the bridge of the Halberd.

"Hey! What's he doing here?"

"Wario! Hey! Wario!"

Wario sat up and rubbed his aching head. "Ay ay ay, that hurt!" Two blurry figures stood before him, eyeing him anxiously. "Wh-who goes there?"

"It's us! Pikachu and Jigglypuff."

"Pikachu and Jigglypuff? Oh yeah, you're those Pokemon creeps."

"Hey! I'm not a creep!"

"Let it go, Jigglypuff. He's obviously delusional from the fall."

Wario immediately leapt to his feet and glared down at Pikachu. "Delusional? Wario show you delusional!"

One second later, Pikachu found himself plummeting over the side of the Halberd's side and through the air. "Was it something I saaaaaaiiiiiidddd?!?"

Jigglypuff stepped back in terror. "Pikachu!"

"Ha ha ha! Jigglypoof, you're next!" Wario pulled back his fist in preparation for the punch.

"Not on my watch!"

Wario looked up just in time to see a large penguin rear end smashing into his face. Dedede smashed him flat on the floor, Mario and Kirby landing right behind him. "Oh, guys! You're here!" Jigglypuff beamed. "And in the nick of time!"

"Waah! Not you!" Wario growled, managing to pull himself out from under Dedede's rump.

Dedede shrugged. "Nope, it's me. Sorry if it ruined your day."

"No! Wario's day's not ruined!"

Nobody had a chance to react. Wario grabbed Dedede by the throat and jumped off the side of the Halberd, pulling the king of Dreamland off behind him. The two plunged immediately out of sight.

"Dedede!" Kirby screamed. "No!" He ran forward to jump off after them, but Mario quickly reached out and grabbed his foot, pulling him back to safety.

"Kirby, no!" Mario shook his head sadly. "Dedede can handle himself. We know he can take Wario, after all."

"But the question is, can you take me?"

Mario jumped as a laser blast scorched the metal frame of the Halberd where he had been standing. A dark shape stood on the other side of the bridge. A gun was pointed forward, glowing blue with another charged laser shot. "Mama mia! What is going on?"

The figure stepped forward, revealing himself dramatically. Kirby gasped. "Wolf?"

"Yes, 'tis I!" Wolf crowed. "The bringer of your doom!" With that, he began firing his laser gun madly, shooting a rain of blasts down upon the trio. They dodged back and forth, somehow managing to avoid most of the attacks.

Jigglypuff's eyes grew watery. "Why is everyone attacking me today?"

Mario looked further along the Halberd's top. Aways down, he thought he could make out a faint glow...

"Quick, run for it! There's a door!"

Kirby looked up and saw the door too. He grabbed Jigglypuff by the ear and yanked her towards it. "C'mon, let's get out of here!"

"Oh no you don't!" Wolf howled. "You're not escaping Star Wolf!" He sped off in pursuit of the three heroes, easily closing the distance.

"There's the door!" Mario called. "We almost there!"

Kirby was the first to reach the door. He stopped and turned around to make sure that Mario and Jigglypuff were close behind before stepping through. Mario also turned when he reached the door. Jigglypuff was right behind him, but Wolf was right behind her. "Mario!" Jigglypuff cried. "Go!"

Mario ducked through the door. Kirby was waiting on the otherside, standing on what appeared to be an icy mountaintop. "Where's Jigglypuff?"

"She was right behind me."

The door swung wide open. Jigglypuff appeared for a brief second. Then, she was gone, yanked back through the door by the foot. Wolf had gotten her.

"This doesn't look good."

"No. No it does not."

Meta Knight and Lucario stood on a lone platform deep within the ruins. Behind them was a wall. Before them was a gaping hole of blackness. There was nothing above them and nothing below. Meta Knight sighed. "Exactly how are we supposed to get out of here?"

Lucario closed his eyes and his aura glowed blue around him. "I can't sense any auras below us, so I have no idea what's down there."

"What about above us?"

"Hmm. I'm seeing a slight glow. I can't tell who or what it is though."

"Then it's settled. We go up."

"Go up? How?"

Meta Knight's cape blossomed into bat wings. He spread them out around him, preparing for take-off. "I'll just fly up the opening. Chances are, there's someway to get from up there to down here more easily." He dove into the opening and arced up, soaring up the dark opening.

Lucario closed his eyes and focused his aura again. "Wait!" he called. "Get out of there, now!"

But the warning was too late. With a crash, the elevator slammed into Meta Knight, sending him plunging down the shaft and out of sight. Abruptly, the elevator stopped at Lucario's level and a pair of figures stumbled off. "Red, I think we hit something!"

"The question is, what?"

"Red? Lucas? Is that you?" Lucario stepped up to meet the new arrivals.

Lucas ignited his PK Fire, giving more light to the room besides the single small torch. "Yep, it's us. Good to see you!"

Red frowned. "So what did we hit?"

"That would be Meta Knight."

"Oh. Woops."

"Bowser! Bowser! Is that you?"

"Yes, I'm here."

Ganondorf stepped out of the shadows, the trophy of Sonic clutched under his arm. Bowser sat waiting for him, a small gathering of Assist Trophies piled behind him. "Where have you been? I thought you were out looking for Smash Balls?"

"I did, but I couldn't find any. However, I did get the first trophy for our 'collection'."

The Sonic trophy clattered to the stone floor in front of Bowser. The two had made their base where they had first appeared after warping into Subspace: The old battlefield fortress. It was perfect cover, Ganondorf assured. If any of the other Brawlers found them, they could merely say that they had taken up temporary residence there. And then, they could take them out. But before the whole plan could be put into action, there had to be plenty of Assist Trophies and Smash Balls.

"Brilliant. I got word from Wolf that Jigglypuff has also been taken prisoner."

"But Wario? Where's Wario?"

"We lost touch with Wario after he'd managed to get a hand on Luigi. We can only assume that somebody interered."

"Hmph. That's only a minor setback. Wario wasn't necessary anyway."

"To be honest, Wolf isn't necessary either. And neither are you..."

"What are you saying? This plan would be nowhere without my leadership!"

"Now now, this is no time to fight."

"You shouldn't be the one saying that! You started this argument!"

"Hey! Quiet down, you two!"

The two villains whirled around. Ness stood behind them, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "What are you doing here?" Ganondorf snarled.

"I was trying to take a nap, if you don't mind!" Ness yawned. Then, he saw the trophy of Sonic. "Hey, what are you-"

He never finished his sentence. They were already upon him.

Hope you like it!

Nobody had a chance to react. Wario grabbed Dedede by the throat and jumped off the side of the Halberd, pulling the king of Dreamland off behind him. The two plunged immediately out of sight.

"Dedede!" Kirby screamed. "No!" He ran forward to jump off after them, but Mario quickly reached out and grabbed his foot, pulling him back to safety.
Wha-?! I wonder what'd happen if Kirby jumped. But still... T_T My favorite Brawl character is Dedede. So, I wonder where they'll go next...
Lucario closed his eyes and focused his aura again. "Wait!" he called. "Get out of there, now!"

But the warning was too late. With a crash, the elevator slammed into Meta Knight, sending him plunging down the shaft and out of sight. Abruptly, the elevator stopped at Lucario's level and a pair of figures stumbled off. "Red, I think we hit something!"

"The question is, what?"

"Red? Lucas? Is that you?" Lucario stepped up to meet the new arrivals.

Lucas ignited his PK Fire, giving more light to the room besides the single small torch. "Yep, it's us. Good to see you!"

Red frowned. "So what did we hit?"

"That would be Meta Knight."

"Oh. Woops."
LOL! :D
The door swung wide open. Jigglypuff appeared for a brief second. Then, she was gone, yanked back through the door by the foot. Wolf had gotten her.
This oddly reminds me of a scary movie...
The only problem I saw was an interfered spelled wrong. I suppose that doesn't really help though. I can't wait to see the next chapter!

Lucario7777777

A Jesus Freak
When will you post Chapter 5?!?
It has been 2 months since you posted chptr4.!