• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Smash Bros- The Search for the Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Sign Up thread]
[Discussion Thread]

The weather was lovely on the first day of the Tournament. The Ultimate tournament. The one to decide the best of the best. It would be tough for anyone entering, trying to achieve such a great honour. Everyone was strong in this tournament. The weak had already been vanquished, their dreams shattered as they failed to make the entry test for the tournament. That was hard. It had involved a tough Target Smash challenge in harsh conditions. Those who made it past that had to get through an army of mechanized soldiers in a tough 100 man Brawl. Then, to prove that they were not only speedy, tough and strong, the battlers had had to show their accuracy and intelligence as they competed in a Home Run Contest where you had to get to a specific total distance, and have that distance exactly. It was tough, but eventually, the final battlers, 60 of them, had been chosen.

The battlers would compete in groups of 10, performing a mini-league where they would try and win the most battles The top two from each league would automatically make it through. Then all the battlers in third place would battle it out, with four continuing to the next round. After this were knock-out rounds. You simply had to defeat your opponent, drawn randomly, to advance. But this would still be a challenge. After all, the person you faced had also managed to overcome all the challenges before, and the pressure would certainly get to the battlers who made it to that stage.

Eventually, there would be only two battlers left. These would compete in the final to win the prize, a beautiful Gem infused with power, This Gem had enormous power. It had the abilities of all combined heroes, as well as other limitless abilities. They would win this along with the title of Smash King (Or Queen).

The Weather was indeed stunning. The Sun shone down on the beautiful stadium. It had been created as a wonderful work of art. It was filled with luscious green pastures, with Flowers and other fascinating unearthly plants sprouting all over the place. The Architecture was also fantastic, having been modelled on Ancient Greece. This was a plea from Palutena of the Skyworld. The beautiful blossoms and plants had been Daisy from the Mario World's idea. The Arena was also very tough and well built, able to easily withstand attacks. All of these measures had been put in place by Alder of the Pokemon World. It was a fantastic display of excellent design from the three members of the Smash Council, the organizers of the tournament and respected figure sin the Smash World.

---
Tails the Fox was not having a great day. He'd been rudely awoken by the battle training of the other competitors in the tournament. Tails knew that the only training he needed was sleep. There he could dream peacefully about battle strategies. Any physical battling wouldn't happen as often for Tails, and a simple run and a little honing on Dummies would be perfect training. Unlike many of the other competitors Tails had his Cyclone Machine, so half the time, he wouldn't be doing hand to hand combat and would be flying, zooming or stomping his way around the battlefield.

Yeah, and about the Cyclone. It had broken down. Something, or someone (Maybe one of the more crooked battlers. He suspected Wario) had gone to his garage in the night and has completely mixed up all the circuits in his Machine. Now the very young Fox was assembling it again. It wouldn't take long, but it would cut down on his training time. His grumpy sleep deprived self just made the experience worse.

Presently, Tails looked inside the machine in the gear box, and saw the final fault he had to correct. The bandit who'd tampered with his precious battle gear had changed the two wires in the main Gear box. Red cable now joined Green, and vice versa. If Tails didn't know to check thoroughly when a fault occurred, then he would for sure have tried to use the Cyclone and found it exploding on him, leaving his battle strategy in tatters and himself injured and less able to fight. It would mean a loss for the little orange fox. And Tail, more than anything, did NOT want to lose.

He had to prove he was worthy. he had to prove he could battle this competition and show that even a young and seemingly weak nerd like himself could beat hordes of seasoned warriors. It would be a real victory for the underdogs- no wait, underfoxes- in life. ails reconnected the wires. He checked one more for more errors. You never knew...
---
Meanwhile, Zack, a Pokemon trainer, was furiously working. He and his Pokemon were taking a run across the training grounds. He was running at full felt. It was needed to keep up with his Pokemon. His Combusken, whose powerful legs were also working hard, could run at great speeds, and his Dewott was no pushover in the running department either. His Tropius flew at great speed above their heads. This was a workout for all people on the trainer's team.

Presently, he noticed that they were reaching the end of the track. He started to slow down, as did hid Pokemon. Eventually they stopped, arriving at the finish line.
"And that's" said Zack, pressing a button of a device in his left hand "59.9 seconds! EXCELLENT! Well done guys, that's the best we've done so far! I'm definitely sure now. We're totally ready for this tournament. We'll walk this."

Dewott looked at his Trainer and nodded, smiling confidently. Zack's Combusken did the same. They were determined fighters and he knew they were confident of their abilities. His Tropius, however, was not as comfortable fighting as as such not confident in its abilities. But Zack's warm comment made the gentle Grass type Dinosaur beam with a massive smile of joy.

"Good to see you all so happy, mah dudes! Riiiight.... I need food." Zack said. He was always hungry. He was an excellent cook. He needed food and fats. The team hadn't had breakfast yet because of Zack's strict training regime and he was starving.

Zack started to run back towards his accommodation, a nice little cottage that was given to all the fighters. Tropius too to the air, racing after him, eager for food. Dewott and Combusken looked at eachother, rolling their eyes. Typical Zack. But they were soon racing after him, also eager for some well deserved food.

Last edited:

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
‘MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH! I LOVE THIS FOOD!’, Wario shouted while he was watching to the TV. Good morning ladies and gentleman! The big tournament is about to begin, and all the battler are very eager and they are training very hard at this moment to earn the prize! Of course I’m training! –munchmunch- And today, a few days before the moment we’re all waiting for there will be a practice match between two eager battlers! Let me announce you the first battler and a sure favourite for the first place: MARIO! ‘BOOH!BOOH!BOOH!’ And now that Mario has entered the stage he’s already entertaining the public, who are definitely behind him! Aaaah, did I see Miss. Peach there smile from the special guest place? I wouldn’t be surprised! ‘BOOH! BOOH! BOOH!’ And now his opponent! The mighty and cunning… WARIO! ‘BOOH! BOOH! BOo… WHAT!? I’M BATTLING? AARGH! I FORGOT!’, and with that Wario ran -in a real Wario style from his living room to his garage.

‘I hate the whole traffic in Mushroom city during the weekend!’ Wario muttered to himself, while he was racing through Mushroom city on his Wario Chopper while ignoring the all the traffic rules, shouting and flaming at all people he met, and sometimes, just for the fun, activating a bom-omb and throwing it into buildings or leaving it just in front of a traffic light that was about to become green. ‘I know a shortcut, if I take that route I’ll be at the stadium sooner! Hehehe!”, Wario said to himself, and he turned into a one way road, in the wrong direction. Soon he met a car that was big, so that he couldn’t move past it, and he was through his bom-ombs, so he couldn’t throw one to blow the car up.

YOU LOSER! I’M IN A HURRY! GO KISS BOWSERS *** INSTEAD OF STANDING BEFORE ME!’. ‘Excuse me?’ ‘YOU HEARD ME, NOW MOVE ALONG!’, Wario continued. Then the other stepped out of his car and walked towards Wario. ‘That’s not nice to say’. ‘Wait… you’re a woman’ Wario replied. ‘Yes I am. Please tell me, what’s the problem?’ ‘It’s simple, I NEED TO BATTLE NOW! AND I’M ALREADY TOO LATE’. ‘Who do you need to battle?’ ‘THAT SON OF A… uhm… mother, Mario!’ ‘But why are you here then?’ ‘BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T LET ME PASS!’ ‘I think I can help you’ the women replied. ‘INDEED! BY MOVING ALONG!’ ‘No, I will teleport you to the stadium. Good luck!’ And then the women used her magic to teleport Wario with his bike to the stadium. And when he was gone, Rosalina laughed in herself about sweet Mario’s brother.

Last edited:

Jehan14

Right behind you...
"VIIIIIIIVVVIIIAAAANNN!!!” was screamed through the entire PM hotel that him and his partners in battle stayed in so they would never be late to a match. “VIVIAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Paper Mario, without his signature hat. “Come on hero man,” started a floating pixel type creature named Barry, “We’ll never find her in time for our first match in a while.” After taking his head out of a closet, “We need her for fighting, everyone is important! AND SHE HAS MY HAT!!!!” Paper Mario screamed…again. Then there was a very high pitched scream. They knew it had come from their partner, Parrykarry. After finding him in the room they were staying in cuddled in a corner, they walked into the small kitchen in their room and found Vivian standing there with her head tilted to the side a little in confusion. “All I did was say good morning!” she said. “He’s just a scardey turtle.” “Well did you have to be RIGHT behind me when you did it!?” PK yelled. Everyone let out a little giggle and as PM realized Vivian had his hat on her head, he took it back, tightened it back on to his, and they ran out the door as they were going to be late for their first match against someone.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Marx Soul cackled maniacally as he remembered all about what he did last night. He had gone to some weird fox's garage and ripped it open and started mixing the circuits around randomly.

Marx Soul smiled as he froze his cottage with an ice bomb. Then, it shattered into a million pieces and Marx Soul flew into the air, spitting out paint balls at the shattered pieces of his cottage. After all, who needed a stupid cottage when you could fly?

Marx Soul screamed his signature, bloodcurling scream. However, as soon as he ended his scream, he heard a high-pitched scream that rivaled even his in scariness. Marx Soul growled.

"NO ONE RIVALS MY SCREAM IN SCARINESS!" Marx Soul located the source of the sound and cackled as he saw a Paper Mario coming out of the hotel, followed by many other of his friends. "Not only do I destroy the source of that sound, I destroy one of my competitors and disrupt the entire tournament! Oh, a crazy zombie guy is definitely the life for me!"

Marx Soul dropped several ice bombs at the group, then flew away, screaming his piercing scream once again.

As he flew away from Paper Mario, Marx Soul witnessed a boy with some fire chicken guy, a green giraffe, and a blue pirate with a white mustache entering a small cottage. The guy was saying something about delicious food to his pets.

"Food! Oh, I LOVE FOOD! All I have to do is just stalk these guys and then when the food is done, I'LL DESTROY THE ROOF OF THEIR COTTAGE AND SPLIT IN HALF AND SCREAM AND MAKE THEM FLEE OUT AND THEN I'LL EAT THEIR FOOD! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!" Marx Soul hovered over the house and made a slurping sound. "Oh, I hope that boy will cook some freshly-roasted Kirbies! The readers all know I love freshly-roasted Kirbies and eating some freshly-roasted Kirbies will get me ready for when I inevitably battle a soon-to-be-roasted Kirby!"

OOC: I was trying to reflect on Marx Soul's craziness in this post. If it's kind of over the top, since I mess with everyone except Wario and myself, who posted so far, I'll kindly edit it.

Enel

Banned
As Ganondorf destroyed sandbag after sandbag in the training dungeon, he couldn't help but think something was amiss. The armor-clad king wasn't worried about losing in the tournament, but he could sense a powerful chaotic presence nearby. Clenching his fist to tighten his dark fire powers, he threw a punch into the wall to test its stability out of amusement. He could tell with the force of his punch, the castle would topple, and so he quickly teleported out before he was covered in the debris.

As he walked down the hill the castle lay on, he could sense the chaotic force getting closer. "Ah, this power I feel emanating...it could be nothing other than a strong competitor." He smirked as he held his fist in the air, apparently attempting to radiate his own aura to alert the other being. "Whoever happens to be out there, I won't accept any less than your complete surrender. There can be only one victor in this tournament, and should you oppose me, your life will be cut short. However, if you value your life and wish to become more powerful, stick with me. WE CAN MAKE OUR WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE TOGETHER" he exclaimed to the heavens boisterously.

He knew the chaotic being must've heard him, because he felt its presence getting nearer, whatever that was. Regardless, he'd be impossible to defeat in this tournament. Only the bearer of the Triforce of Courage would be able to oppose him, and with his Triforce of Power, he had no doubt he'd blow through the first few entrants.

It would be best to lay low for now, though. If he were to make an appearance, people would suspect something was up. First, he needed to find that chaotic force and oppose it. Perhaps make an agreement with it if things went better than he expected. He knew no fear. He knew no worries. With Link absent, this world would be under his reign before next month at best.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Regulus

Regulus had decided to train on the mountains alone. He was away from it all, the competition, the spectators, it was just him and some sandbags that he brought with him. He started to train with his species' specialty, Bombs. He lined up the sandbags onto different sections of the mountain, and after throwing one bomb onto the snow-covered caps, he waited. An avalanche started after the explosion and the sandbags started to slide down on top of the snow. Afterwards, he used his pack to get a good distance away while watching the sandbags.

"Looks like this distance will do," the Bomberman said as he threw several bombs toward the bags. One Bomb in each hand, he threw them quickly and decisively toward each sandbag to cause their individual destructions. The bombs each exploded right on a sandbag as soon as they made impact, but that was because of their distance and the amount of time each bomb took to get to a sandbag. Soon, the last one came within range. Regulus took aim and threw the last bomb, however, a bird flying by deflected the bomb and made the projectile miss its intended target. Instead the explosive hit a tree nearby the sandbag causing it to become ash.

"Not good enough. It's carelessness like that that causes loss. I won't lose, not now...not until I get my revenge," Regulus kept saying to himself. The last sandbag made it to the bottom of the hill that Regulus put it on, and the Bomberman looked at it. He created a final bomb to destroy it, but instead of just throwing it like the last ones, he decided to infuse the bomb with dark energy, after all that was his specialty. The dark energy caused the bomb to radiate an aura of its own. Regulus threw the bomb and caused the sandbag to be reduced to just sand.

"Still not good enough, but there's only so much that training can do for me." Regulus looked down at the town that the competition was in. "Heh, but perhaps this little tournament is the training that I need to beat him." He looked out to see some dark aura but it was hard to make out with the distance between him and the town. Regulus decided to ignore said aura, after all, their darkness would pale in comparison to his own.

Regulus looked at the sun and stated, "My competition will start soon." He flew downward to the town. He'd go to the tournament afterwards and his first official match.

--------------
(OoC: I hope that this won't be considered bunnying of PM seeing that he was running due to being late for his match and not because bombs were falling)
Silver the Blastoise

Silver took an early morning walk to reflect all that happened in such a short notice. The Blastoise was here to find some other competitors to help him free his home country against the evil Mew dictator. For now, though, it's a time to relax and await his match. Hopefully as time passes, he will be able to gather a strong enough army of his own. Silver walked by to see some sort of flying guy throwing several projectiles onto one of the buildings nearby. The creature screamed as he disappeared into the fray.

"What the-" said Silver as the bombs continued falling. "Oh no..." The Blastoise ran full steam toward the building. The water-type pokemon quickly reached the cottage before the first bomb reached the building. Silver noticed that a flat man with a red hat along with several other colorful characters were leaving the building, perhaps to evacuate. They were running away from the building after all. Silver decided to help these guys out; maybe they'll repay the favor later on.

Silver used his Hydro Pump to knock one of the bombs into another. He hoped to create a chain reaction of explosions that would stop the eminent falling, but there were too many for him to handle alone. Hopefully these people would have enough sense to help out with stopping their own cottages' demise.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Kirby

Kirby happily walked out of his cottage, He had a big smile on his face. He was on his way to start training. When he stepped outside, a black bomb rolled up directly in front of him. Kirby tilted his head in curiosity, wondering just how this bomb got here. That's when he saw that the bomb had a short fuse and was about to explode. Quickly, Kirby took a deep breath, then he started to inhale. The bomb was sucked into his mouth, then he swallowed. Upon swallowing the bomb, Kirby leaped into the air and twirled around. When he finished and landed back on the ground, a floppy blue hat appeared on top of Kirby's head. He transformed into Bomb Kirby, and he had the ability to create bombs of his own.

Kirby then notice a large blue tortoise with a greyish shell, that had cannons in them. He was firing blasts of water from these cannons at some bombs that were falling from the sky, trying to knock them into each other and destroy them before they did any major damage. Kirby thought he could use some help. So, Kirby walked up to this tortoise, smiled, then he appeared to pull out a bomb from nothing. He threw it upward, and then put his stubby pink arms over where his ears should be, and shut his eyes tightly. The bomb collided with another creating a small explosion in the sky.

(OOC: Yes Bomb Kirby does exist.)

Last edited:

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
-Bowser, King of the Koopa, Supreme ruler of the Koopa Kingdom, Fiancé of Princess Peach (self appointed), True King of the Mushroom Kingdom (Self Appointed), Member of the Council of Villains, 2nd Finished in the MK Grand Prix, Loyal Servant of Evil, Most Known Evil Game Character, and so on, and so on-
Third: Wario, 211 Points
Second: Bowser 218 Points
First: Waluigi 310 Points
Those were the rankings from the last Grand Prix, and Bowser hated them from the bottom of his heart… if he had one. He should have that first place, and next time, he would get it! Therefore, he needed to get rid of Waluigi, and if possible, Wario. Waluigi wouldn’t be a problem anymore, he broke his leg during a practice session, and so he couldn’t join the next GP. Bowser didn’t have any idea who did that, of course. Neither did his Koopas. But his Goombas on the other hand… ‘Ghegheghe’ Bowser laughed in himself, while he was standing next to a build site from the Bowser Castle Circuit. Next time he would win the Mario Kart Grand Prix. At least, if the Bowser’s castle track is finished in time!

At that moment, a Shy Guy came running towards Bowser, and when he stood next to his king, who wasn’t paying any attention to him, he shouted “BOSS!” in his rulers’ ear. ‘Don’t shout at me! I’m right beside you!’ Bowser shouted back, ‘SORRY BOSS!’, and while Bowser was trying to held in his frustration, the Shy Guy continued: ‘Have you heard it?’ ‘Have heard what?’, Bowser replied. ‘The big news of course!’ ‘WHAT BIG NEWS?’, Bowser shouted back. ‘The big news were everybody is talking about of course!’, the Shy Guy said, not noticing that Bowser’s anger level just reached dangerous levels. ‘WHAT IS THE NEWS?’, Bowser shouted against the Shy Guy. ‘You don’t need to shout this hard boss, I’m right beside you!’ When Bowser heard that his patience was gone, and he picked up the Shy Guy, and marched towards the big lava pit that would be used in the next Grand Prix. ‘Boss, what’s wrong? Is it something I said?’ the Shy Guy said, fearing for his live. ‘No, it’s nothing, I just need to test the lava pit’ Bowser replied, and after that, he dropped the Shy Guy.

‘Can someone tell me the big news now?’, Bowser said, really pissed of now. He was sitting in his throne room, from where he had a great view on the circuit his minions were building. ‘There is going to be a new Super Smash tournament!’, a Paratroopa replied, who stood in the mass in front of Bowser, because they all needed something from the Evil Koopa King. ‘So what’s so special? I’m not going to join it after that Ancient Minister screwed me.’ Then the Paratroopa continued: ‘There will be a price, a gem that’s said to have unbelievable mythical powers’. ‘What kind of powers?’ Bowser asked, really interested now. ‘I don’t know, but the shy guy who just visited knew it, haven’t he told you?’ the Paratroopa asked. ‘No, he wanted to try out how bathing in a lava pool is like’, Bowser replied. ‘The powers of the gem are ENORMOUS!’, a Goomba shouted. ‘Enormous… I like that, enormous villains, and enormous mighty kings deserve an enormous mighty gem. But first, I must enter the tournament. Untill when can you enter?’ Bowser asked. ‘Until an hour ago my lord Bowser’ the Paratroopa replied politely. ‘WHAT?’, Bowser shouted, and after that he started rampaging.

OOC: Maybe we can use the discussion thread instead of OOC? (A)

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Marx Soul

Marx Soul angrily floated over the cottage, trying to be as patient as possible to get some delicious food. "Come on, you idiotic boy! I'm been waiting four days in real time for some food!"

To appeal to his boredom, Marx Soul began flying around the sky doing tricks. As he did, he felt a strange, dark aura surround him.

"Hmmm...was that some other person's darker aura I just felt right now?" Marx Soul roared in rage. "NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE RIVALS MY AURA IN DARKNESS!!!"

Marx Soul began to fly towards the dark aura, but he paused when he noticed a certain pink puffball come out of a nearby cottage...

"Oh, how epic is this!" Marx Soul cackled as Kirby swallowed a bomb and became Bomb Kirby. "Oh, Bomb Kirby'll be a piece of cake!"

The only copy ability that really scared Marx Soul was Sword. It had killed him as Marx, then as Marx Soul...now that he was back from the dead again, he had to be really careful about that sword. Even a crazy being like him figured that out from two times of being killed by it.

As he thought of this, Kirby walked up to some watery, blue tortoise with watery cannons. He threw a bomb at another bomb and they exploded in mid-air.

"Ooooooh, pretty!" Marx Soul said, wide-eyed. Then, he became as serious as a chaotic being like him could. "Kirby may be powerful enough to counter that teensy-weensy bomb, but he's not powerful enough to counter this barrage of awesome bombs and other epic stuff!"

Marx Soul flew above Kirby and the tortoise and charged up an ice bomb. He dropped it, then dropped a seed, then dropped another ice bomb, then charged up a huge laser.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! NOW I'LL GET A KIRBY MEAL AND A WATERY TORTOISE MEAL! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Marx Soul's laser was almost done charging now...

Last edited:

Jehan14

Right behind you...
Paper Mario. The arena

As the team walked up to the stadium, they saw numerous of people from all over the universe walk in to the entrance. They saw a bunch of Toads, a few chaos, a guy with blue hair and a sword, an angel guy with a blue glowing bow, a two young boys that look like normal kids, a yellow mouse with a bolt like tail, and other people looking ready to fight for the tournament. “Here we are guys. This is where we will fight. I’m not sure who we’re fighting though; I think it started with an N or something,” said Paper Mario. As they walked in to the entrance of the huge building, they were overwhelmed by all the cheering fans, the noises of battling, and the smell of the concession stand. They saw a door with a sign that had the word “battlers” on it. When they walked in it, was really quiet except for the noise going through the walls. They sat down on some benches and waited for a while.

After waiting in silence for 5 minutes, an intercom called, “Paper Mario and co. to the main arena for your first expedition.” With that, they four walked/floated to the huge arena filled with people. They walked on a platform that was all by itself. When they were all on it moved up and over to a bigger platform that had a giant red and white ball on it. As they walked on it, the partners had faded away due to the fact they are only attacks, after realizing they were gone, he noticed a small boy that was the same height as him, who had a red cap, a backpack, a normal kid wear outfit, and was holding a bat. He saw this kid at the entrance not too long ago. He knew this was his first opponent.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
~Link~
‘Hello everyone, and welcome by Heroes News, the news were we keep track of the heroes and villains of this World and other ones!’ -Heroes News is powered by TFP, Toad Factory Productions- ‘Today, we have a special guest, who is participating in the tournament: Link! Pleased to meet you Link, we are honoured to have you in our studio!’ the hostess said. ‘It… i-it wasn’t really special… I’m glad to be here’, Link answered, and he smiled uncomfortably. “Before we start with the big news, where you will give your opinion about, I’m wondering, are you ready to fight in the big tournament? Recent news told us that Ganondorf and Zelda have joined as well. Aren’t you afraid for the clash of the Triforce?’ ‘No, I’m not because… uhm… the Triforce is dangerous when it’s in the hand of one person, who wants to do evil deeds, and I and uhm… princess Zelda don’t want that of course!’ ‘Of course’, the hostess continued, and she smiled charmingly at Link. ‘Now, let us continue to the headlines of today: Big terror in Mushroom City and an attempt to sabotage a participant.

‘In Mushroom City was a big group of explosions, since a certain vandal has thrown bom-ombs in the traffic, resulting in major damage. Seven people are known who have been brought to the hospital, but there weren’t any deaths. One of the seven people were in live danger, but they were lucky that Rosalina was in the neighbourhood, who could heal this person quickly. The damage is not calculated yet, because there are still some buildings in fire. The person responsible for this isn’t caught yet, but officers are still searching for him/her. The only thing that is known about this person is that he rides a motor cycle.’

‘Tails, who is joining the big tournament, has reported that his cyclone was sabotaged by a person, who presumably wanted to make certain that he had one competitor less in the tournament. Fortunately, the damage wasn’t severe, and Tails said that his cyclone machine would be repaired in time by Fox. The one responsible hasn’t been caught yet, but Tails said that he suspected Wario’.

‘Now Link, what do you- just a second! I’m hearing something major here, we are shifting live!’
‘Hello, there is a big uproar here, since it is no longer allowed to join the tournament, but there is someone who wants to join anyway!’ ‘GIMME A SPOT! I WANT IT, SO GIMME A SPOT!’, Bowser yelled at the guy who was responsible for the entries. That guy was tall, wore a cape and blue armour. He had red hair and big two hander sword. ‘I’m sorry, but I can’t help you’, Roy replied. ‘I DON’T CARE, I WANT TO BE IN THE TOURNAMENT! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?’, Bowser shouted. ‘You’re a big ugly thing, who can’t handle that he’s too late’, Roy said calmly, and he grabbed his sword firmly, ready for an eventual battle. On that moment, Toadstool walked in. ‘You are suggesting a tournament without Bowser?’, he said, ‘that would be a shame, Bowser belongs in these tournaments, and all the koopas and his other minions wouldn’t watch, what would mean that we miss a lot of money, so let him participate!’.

Jehan, PM can't be battling yet. The opening ceremony hasn't happened. I did specifically state that only I can move the plot onwards and the start of the tournament is clearly a big plot point.

In the big room, as it was called, Alder, Palutena and Daisy sat. It was a stupidly large room for just the three of them, and Alder wasn't happy with it. But Palutena had insisted on it, and Daisy had of course sides with Palutena. She disliked Alder after he'd "accidentally" sent out his Volcarona in an argument they were having and the beast had burned her... badly. And then Alder had, to make a bad joke out of it, try to heal it with a Burn heal, which, of course, only worked on Pokemon. All it had done to Daisy was sting and make the injuries worse. She'd been in a hospital bed for two months.

Yeah... maybe that was a LITTLE O.T.T... Alder thought to himself.

But those memories could wait. The tournament was just about to start. Daisy looked across Alder disapprovingly. Her main dislike was in his clothing style, which is what had started the argument in the first place. Apparently, the flame hair wasn't suitable of a council member, and his odd clothing wasn't much better.

Palutena stood up gracefully and went over to the balcony, which looked out onto the Smash Stadium.
"I believe it's time to start." she said elegantly to the other two. Alder jumped out of his seat and joined her. Daisy was there soon too. Palutena nodded to Alder and the Champion of Unova brought out a loudspeaker.
"People of the Smash World." he said "Today is a big occasion. Today, you will watch. Or you will be tested. The battlers will give a fantastic display of their skills. It will truly be momentous. In less than a week, we will have the Smash King, or the Smash Queen as it may be! But first, an event so grand wouldn't be complete without... our opening ceremony! feats your eyes, as the battlers give us a truly magical display!"

And with that, the lights went out. When they came back on, Mario and Luigi stood back to back. They had one leg crossed over the other and their heads bowed, a slight smirk on their face. Suddenly, the plumber brothers jumped up, and spun in the air. They both took out a Flower from their pocket, and the blue on their outfits turned white. They landed, and released flames from their hands. Mario's were red, and Luigi's were green. In an artistic display they fused to create a swirling globe of flames. The crowd roared. The games had begun.
---
Diddy switched to TV off. As usual, the shows on it were meaningless drivel, apart from the Heroes news, and while that had made the little monkey smile and even chuckle a little, it was only once a day. So, Diddy Kong set off on a mission- A mission to find Bananas. He was starving. The search would very likely get him trained up a little. He wasn't on Kong island anymore and his and Donkey's stash was well hidden away. Donkey had been adamant that they wouldn't bring it over here.

So Diddy left the house and jumped up in a tree nearby. He climbed to the top expertly and looked out. He was brought out of his Banana crave as he saw the Stadium packed with lights. He hadn't noticed but it was late evening now, and the opening ceremony has started. he saw a massive globe of fire. Damn! Mario and Luigi had started! After Peach, he and Donkey Kong were next! He raced back to his house and picked up his back unit. Then, he ran as fats as he could, heading for the stadium.
---
Tails had, thankfully, managed to fix his cyclone and he spent the rest of the day practising his battle skills. He briefly saw commotion with a Blastoise, Kirby and some weird dude who looked like a zombie, but that was it. He trained intensively, practising again and again his fighting manoeuvres and honing his skills. he HAD to win this.

In the afternoon, Tail returned home and had a late lunch. He enjoyed it very, very much. then, he sat down and flicked on the TV. It was Heroes' News, and Link was in the hot-seat. Tails watched his brief interview with interest, but then there was the story about his cyclone. Apparently, Fox McCloud had fixed the cyclone! The cheek! How dare they saw such a lie! Tails fixed it himself!

But, he quickly let these thoughts lie as three knocks rapped on his door. He jumped out of his sofa and turned the TV off before going and answering it. He saw a young Pokemon trainer, Zack, he thought his name was.
"Hello! I'm Zack. Pleased to meet you. I was just wondering if you wanted to come with me to the stadium. The opening ceremony starts soon."

The opening ceremony- of course!

"Nice to meet you Zack. I'm Tails!" he said cheerfully. "Of course, I'd be happy to go with you!"

The pair strolled over to the Stadium and to the heroes' preparation room. On the way, Tail and Zack introduced themselves. They got to know eachother, and Tails was surprised that Zack was actually a pretty nice guy. After the tournament, he'd have to catch up with the guy.
---
Zack, on his hand, thought similarly of Tails. He knew him because Sonic team were relatively famous, but it was the first time he'd properly spoken to him, and he'd enjoyed their conversation. But now, he concentrated on his performance. He wouldn't do much but throw his Pokeballs in an athletic way, but he needed to make sure his Pokemon were ready to do their part.

Right then. So basically, each character (or group, Tails will be doing his with Knuckles and Sonic) will do a little performance in the Opening ceremony. Your job is to make it wow the audience and be enthralling to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.